Bluff Creek

Started by fishingram24, March 22, 2021, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingram24

Put the Xpress in the water again today before the water conditions get to really messed up with from the river going over flood stage today and the predicted 5+ inches of rain this week. Not nearly as good as last week but still a decent day, 14 fish total with 5 being legal size and all the keepers were caught on a watermelon Zoom fluke in the back of a bayou that had some clearer water trapped. Clear skies all day, air temps 50 to 70, water temps 61-64 degrees, visibility about 1.5' and tide was low early and rising all day aided by SE winds 10-15 mph. Tried many different baits on the day and caught a few on T rigged UV worm, 1 on a chatterbait, 0 on 3 different spinnerbaits and 2 cranks. Can not get a spinnerbait bite going, always my go to this time of year but not this year. Nice day on the water but looks to be a while before conditions return to near normal.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Bayou

Was on the Houseboat last weekend. The water turned muddy overnight. We ended up going out on the creek in the slough across from Broadus Lake. Caught a couple but no keepers. Like you said. the wind was blowing and it was white capping on the creek. The river is running hard and Summerlin Bayou is out of it's banks. I noticed the creek was up in Vancleave yesterday. Might be able to find some clear water in Johns Bayou? Maybe when I get back from work in 2 weeks, the water will be right?
Bayou'