Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Belton Lake Central Texas 25 April 21

(Read 134 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Donald Garner

• UB Life Member & LSCR Club Member
Greetings to everyone,

Its been a while but the Stratos got wet this afternoon.  I launched out of Bass Landing over at Blora > Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area< on Ft. Hood.
Weather conditions:
Blue Bird Skies with forecasted temps of 63 - 83dgrs with 64% humidity and a SE wind of 9mphs gusting to 12mphs.

Lake Conditions
Lake is Clear for the most part but the back of the coves were muddied up from the wind.
Water temps were 65 - 67dgrs depending on your location

I fished from 3pm - 7pm and it was a real grind fighting that wind.  I ran the trolling motor on high the whole time.  I managed to boat a total of (3) bass during this trip.  All my fish were caught from the North Bluff Area across from Blora.  (2) of the fish were short a  largemouth and a smallmouth.  The lone keeper largemouth measured out at 15inches.

The first largemouth of the day was a short fish I hooked a D.W. Vert Painted Shad Colored Square Bill
D.W. Vert's Crankbait

Location and screen shot. Click on the picture to enlarge it of 1st bass location

My second fish of the trip was the smallmouth.   It was a short fish but it fought like a full growth one.  I caught it on Strike King Hack Attack Swim Jig in the Sexy Shad Color.  I had a white curly tail grub attached as a trailer.
Strike King 3/8 oz Hack Attack Sexy Shad Swim Jig with trailer

Location bank line structure where the smallmouth came from.

The lone keeper bass of the trip was caught on a KaRue 3/8oz Orange Craw ViberShock Bladed jig.
The bait; 15in Largemouth; Bankline Structure picture
KaRue 3/8oz Orange Craw Bladed Jig

Equipment used during trip
Crankbait Setup: Rod> BPS Extreme 7ft (M) Fast Action Casting Rod; Reel > ABU Garcia Orra Winch Low Profile 5.4:1 Baitcasting Reel; Line > Berkley Big Game Clear 15lb Mono; Lure > D.W. Vert's Shad Colored Square Bill Crankbait.

Swim Jig Setup:  Rod> Dobyns Fury 734C 7ft 3in Heavy Fast Action Casting Rod; Reel > ABU Garcia Revo S Low Profile 6.4:1 Baitcasting Reel; Line > Berkley Big Game Clear 20lb Mono; Lure > Strike King 3/8 oz Sexy Shad Swim Jig w/ Zoom White Curly Tail Grub

Bladed Jig Setup: Rod >Dobyns Fury 734C 7ft 3in Heavy Fast Action Casting Rod; Reel > ABU Garcia Revo S Low Profile 6.4:1 Baitcasting Reel; Line > Berkley Big Game Clear 20lb Mono; Lure >  KaRue 3/8oz ViberShock Orange Craw with Reaction Innovation Sweet Beaver 4.20 Fried Watermelon Trailer

The UB Fishing Machine
2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL Dual Console w/ Yamaha 150 VMax; MinnKota 80lb foot control trolling motor; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax
G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat  Yamaha 25hp outboard
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Not a bad day, you got out and had a tug on your string!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

• UB Life Member & LSCR Club Member
Not a bad day, you got out and had a tug on your string!!!
Rodney

Yes sir, that wind was the devil though especially in that part of the lake. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax
G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat  Yamaha 25hp outboard
Personal Best 8.33lbs

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB