FLBRC BS room (April 2021)

Started by FD, April 01, 2021, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

It's going to be really windy tomorrow. Better get the drift socks ready again.

Capt. BassinLou

Cool, breezy morning, winds out of the North 15-20, front passed last night. Decisions... decisions.... don't know where I'm going yet. One thing is for sure, I'm not in rush to leave.  lo I will keep you guys posted later.

big g

Good luck today.  What a cool down this morning!  Gusts to 30!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

BarryFL

Here's picture of Walt's big one today. Not sure why he hasnt put on Hawg Wall.

~Barry~

~Barry~

WTodd

Just did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishaHallic

Holey Moley you got into them good Walt, great start for the month.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

WTodd

Right place, right bait

FlatsNBay

Outstanding fish Walt! Details??

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

WTodd

Windy & cold......the week before Barry recommended that I tie on a spinner bait.....I tied on the same color chatterbait instead.....no luck.....switched to a spinner bait and caught some.......yesterday I went with it pretty early and was catching them in shallow water with wood......this made for some interesting fights because we all know where bass head when you hook 'em........I was actually going to leave this area within a couple of casts when boom she came out from under a lay down and smoked it. She didn't like the net but there was no way I was boat flipping it.

FishaHallic

Jeez Walt, you got 4 @ 20" or more leave some for the rest of us  ;D
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

WTodd

It's been awhile since I had 100+ so I want cull at least 4 of those......you never get it if don't ask for it

Capt. BassinLou

Where to go.... where to go?? There has been a surge of boats in the glades for quite some time, and every day. Although from what I hear they are not bass fisherman per say, but more like oscar hunters. None-the-less there have been more boats out there than normal. I have an idea, let's see if it pays off.  ;) :-*

BarryFL

FYI ... Ott DeFoe did a Hunt for Monster Bass episode in the Everglades that aired this past Sat. Caught a 7lber so everyone and their brother will be out there this week. :)
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Soooo my fishing trip has been cut short. Sitting in an ER typing this out killing time. Damn treble hook struck again. Had a fish, it wiggled loose, hook went into my index finger good.
Problem #1, I had the fish in one hand, got hooked in my other hand, and my rod is between both hands. Nothing I could think of to free up my hands. I did remember there was another boat on another canal. Got on the TM and found the boaters.

Problem #2, one of the gentlemen managed to carefully remove the fish. Next was attempting to remove the hook. I had a wire cutter in the boat, and as I handed the cutters to gentleman, I thought he was going to cut the split ring, to isolate the treble hook. Instead he cut the treble level to my wound!!  Noooo..... doh!!!

With the hook deep in finger, I thanked everyone for their help, packed up, and made the run back to the ramp. Got home, switched  vehicles, and here I am waiting at the ER. Stay tuned. Smh...

BarryFL

Ouch. Once the guy cut the hook off, you lost the option of jerking it out yourself with the string method. Good luck!
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: BarryFL on April 07, 2021, 12:05:42 PM
Ouch. Once the guy cut the hook off, you lost the option of jerking it out yourself with the string method. Good luck!
Yep, pretty much. Tx.

Capt. BassinLou

Finger is numbed up and feels like a sausage. Tools are on the table, let's see how this goes.

Capt. BassinLou

All done. Waiting to be discharged.

BarryFL

Ask them for some little rubber finger condoms to protect it while fishing for a few days.
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: BarryFL on April 07, 2021, 01:41:07 PM
Ask them for some little rubber finger condoms to protect it while fishing for a few days.
I should have, didn't think about that.

FishaHallic

Ouch that hurts, too bad they took a simple solution of cutting split ring and cut off the hook instead.  Do you get AOY points for catching fingers?   ;D
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FishaHallic on April 07, 2021, 02:48:59 PM
Ouch that hurts, too bad they took a simple solution of cutting split ring and cut off the hook instead.  Do you get AOY points for catching fingers?   ;D
Lol!! Nope!

FlatsNBay

Lou hasn't given us a public safety reminder in a while so he up and hooks himself twice. Thanks for reminder for us to be more careful!

Man, I'm sure that hurt!!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 07, 2021, 03:27:01 PM
Lou hasn't given us a public safety reminder in a while so he up and hooks himself twice. Thanks for reminder for us to be more careful!

Man, I'm sure that hurt!!

lo lo yeah it wasn't pleasant.

Dr told me to man up next time and have someone cut the hook correctly next time, and drive the hook through the other side. I said, "Yeah.... I will just come to the ER again..."   ~roflmao ~roflmao