FLBRC BS room (April 2021)

Started by FD, April 01, 2021, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Back in the saddle again.  In the last 3 weeks I have fired 5 and hired 4 replacements.  The three that made it through now understand how serious I am about things being done my way...

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

After 27 hours, my finger finally decided to start waking up.

BarryFL

Lee, some people had to learn things the hard way.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

FD

A much better morning view...

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

FishaHallic

17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

FD

Getting started.  #3

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

FD

We caught 9 in about 30 minutes.  They were blowing shad out of the water.  The biggest one had my shad rap and a shad in his mouth at the same time.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

Capt. BassinLou

Breaking in the new Dobyns Sierra company rods tomorrow. Fishing with half the lot, mainly power fishing techniques. Reports are still coming in with 100+ bass being caught, but the sizes are not there yet. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.  ~gf ~gf

Deadeye

Put 8 in the boat today. Had a few more hits but not takes.

Best one of today.

21.75    5.1 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryFL

Nice Fred. Did you get your boat running right?

~Barry~

~Barry~

Deadeye

Quote from: BarryFL on April 13, 2021, 06:19:08 PM
Nice Fred. Did you get your boat running right?

~Barry~
Not yet.

Only used the motor to run it off and back on the trailer.

Rest of the day I was on the trolling motor.  Used the wind in my favor a lot.

Hits came in spurts, but once I figured out a plan from 12:00-3:00 it was pretty regular every so often.

I culled up several times. Wanted to hit one last stretch before I left and that's where I got the big girl.

On the water at 8:00 off at 4:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Capt. BassinLou

Going to take a different approach today, let's just say I got my duckfoot push pole and my flag ready.

FishaHallic

Nice big bass Fred, way to get on them.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Capt. BassinLou

FishaHallic

TRUTH MATTERS

Capt. BassinLou

Going to give it another shot tomorrow, conditions will be slightly different. Outside temps are going to be significantly warmer, and the wind has shifted. Let's see what I can come up with.  ;)

FD

After 3 days in a row on the dozer plus a 4 hour commute I'm done for the week.  If the feeling comes back in my hands I'm going to sneak out in the morning for a bit

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

Deadeye

Put all new Fuel Line on the Boat from the Tank to the Filter yesterday. I was changing the Bulb in case that was my problem and found the liner inside the hose had left go.

Bought Lifetime Warranty Coast Guard Approved line from West Marine. Cost more than the Marine Fuel Line from a Auto Parts Place but they only had a 1-year warranty.

Talking with the manager at West Marine about my old line (bought new in 2016) he told me that that style (plastic outer line-inner liner) was banned in 2013 for delaminating issues. I told him I bought it new in 2016 from a Mercury Dealer, and he just smiled and said "then they didn't follow the guidelines. We were instructed to remove and destroy all we had when it was outlawed in 2013".

Might be a small piece got into the injectors or something, Motor didn't run any different with the new line. I will know after the 22nd.

While out I fished for about 3 hours. Put 5 in the boat but no Culls.

big g

Quote from: Deadeye on April 16, 2021, 07:37:49 AM
Put all new Fuel Line on the Boat from the Tank to the Filter yesterday. I was changing the Bulb in case that was my problem and found the liner inside the hose had left go.

Bought Lifetime Warranty Coast Guard Approved line from West Marine. Cost more than the Marine Fuel Line from a Auto Parts Place but they only had a 1-year warranty.

Talking with the manager at West Marine about my old line (bought new in 2016) he told me that that style (plastic outer line-inner liner) was banned in 2013 for delaminating issues. I told him I bought it new in 2016 from a Mercury Dealer, and he just smiled and said "then they didn't follow the guidelines. We were instructed to remove and destroy all we had when it was outlawed in 2013".

Might be a small piece got into the injectors or something, Motor didn't run any different with the new line. I will know after the 22nd.

What a PITA when the motor is not running properly!!  Good luck on the diagnostic process!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

Quote from: Deadeye on April 16, 2021, 07:37:49 AM

I feel your pain. I put mine back in the water this morning and it's still not right.  I pulled it back out, emptied all the compartments, and took it to Hoppys.  It will be a week before they can look at it.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

Capt. BassinLou

@Walt... Wow!! That is one helluva bag you got there.  ~c~