FLBRC BS room (April 2021)

Started by FD, April 01, 2021, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

I lost an absolute toad this morning in Cypress.  Swimming a vibe just off the bottom and,     tick.    I set the hook into a rock that did not move, it started stripping drag so I locked the spool down with my thumb to keep her out of the buggy whips, it made a 5 foot diameter swirl just below the surface and spit the hook....possibly the biggest fish of my life, and I never saw her....

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

WTodd

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 17, 2021, 12:39:33 PM
@Walt... Wow!! That is one helluva bag you got there.  ~c~
Yes it is.....doing the same thing all month......spinner baits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: WTodd on April 17, 2021, 02:32:21 PM
Yes it is.....doing the same thing all month......spinner baits.

That's awesome, I know we still have a couple of weeks left in the season, but that's a great way to close it out .  ~c~

FishaHallic

DITTO   ~c~
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

FlatsNBay

I had a fun spinnerbait day today and had no idea that Walt has been wearing them out all month until I read this thread!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

WTodd

Barry tuned me into them 3 weeks ago and I've been throwing them into lay downs, wood, everything. I bought a spinner bait with painted blades and knocked most of the paint off of one of them.  It's been a fun month.

Deadeye

What a heck of a Great Job this month Walt!

Some super nice Fish your putting up.

WTodd

Thanks Fred

FD

Josh and I got on a pretty good pattern this morning on Cypress.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

big g

Quote from: FD on April 18, 2021, 02:12:34 PM
Josh and I got on a pretty good pattern this morning on Cypress.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

Nice job guys, nice looking waters.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

I had 10,000 acres all to myself this morning...and got skunked...throwing big baits in places you shouldn't.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

FishaHallic

Nice pictures that place looks fishy but I wish you did not use that word "skunk"  lo
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

FD

Quote from: FishaHallic on April 19, 2021, 10:23:31 PM
Nice pictures that place looks fishy but I wish you did not use that word "skunk"  lo

I wish I did not use that word either. ~roflmao

Capt. BassinLou

On my outing today I came across this uniquely shaped bass. It's back was like a 4lbr, but the rest of its body was like that of a 2.5br.

** this is not a measured fish, I just put it on the board to show it's body.

Deadeye

Well it was as I thought a Coil was bad making one cylinder not fire. Part is ordered and should have boat back by next Thursday or so.

Capt. BassinLou

Long day in store for today. Looking forward to the outing, starting later than I want, but my BIL needs his beauty sleep...  ~b~

I'll check in tonight. Later.

Deadeye

While they have my boat I'm going to let them raise it one hole.

It was way to low from the original Dealer that mounted the motor. It was in the 2nd hole down giving me a Prop to Pad of 4.5-4.75.

I talked to a Ranger Engineer and my boat left Ranger with no motor. The Dealer installed it.

The Ranger Guy told me they install them All on the 3rd hole down at the factory.

Raising it should raise my RPMs from 5250 closer to the 5750 it maxes at.

Eventually I'd like to add a Jack plate to fine tune it but that's not in the cards right now.

FD

Just a cool pic I took while walking Hootie yesterday.  A perfect example of our confused weather this spring.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

big g

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Deadeye

Up and About.

Plan to take the Yak out this morning to try and get a Cull or two.

Capt. BassinLou

The end of the month basically boils down to tomorrow for me. I'm going to swing for the fences again..... I'm getting tired of having to do that, but sometimes one might get lucky and hit a homer.  lo lo

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 27, 2021, 02:26:49 PM
The end of the month basically boils down to tomorrow for me. I'm going to swing for the fences again..... I'm getting tired of having to do that, but sometimes one might get lucky and hit a homer.  lo lo

Good luck Lou, you always have a shot at a big old girl in Florida! ~c~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on April 27, 2021, 03:12:58 PM
Quote from: Bassinlou on April 27, 2021, 02:26:49 PM

Good luck Lou, you always have a shot at a big old girl in Florida! ~c~

Thanks George, lets see what happens.  ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

Moon is bright, and the wind is blowing out of the East already. This should be fun.  lo

FD

Take a nap this morning.  The bite won't start until 11...

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures