D.W.'s Latest Blog post

Started by Mike Cork, April 30, 2021, 11:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Check out Dale's latest entries in his blog on the front page of UB at www.ultimatebass.com then catch up on his tips, tricks, and tools of the trade on his blog page here Bass Fishing for Dummies

As always, great read Dale, and great information too ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Dale, that was a great read brother thanks for putting it together for us.  I have those days on a regular basis.  Just this past Sunday I had a Smallmouth come from under the boat with about 7ft of line out.  It was a short smallmouth but he slammed that swim jig like a full grown one.  Due to a poor not paying attention hook set it fell off as I was lifting it into the boat.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

merc1997

yes sir dale, you have to be paying attention to each cast from the first to the last, especially when competing.  as an example, just the other night a friend of mine were doing a little fishing.  he caught what looked to me like a 16" largemouth, but he wanted to check the length on the board.  i had a jig in the water on a cast.  i sat down on the back of the deck with rod still in my left hand and was in the process of getting the board with my right.  in that same instance, i felt a slight something happen on my line and set the hook with one hand, handed leonard the measuring board and then landed the 3 pounder that had my GrassJig stuck through its head.  you see, i actually fooled that bass.  he was looking up the line all the time and thought i was not paying attention and would be a good time to bite my jig and get away with it ~roflmao.  very great advice to those that really want to catch bass, you have to be paying attention on each cast.  never know, when you pb will come knocking right?

bo
On Heaven's Lake

Capt. BassinLou

Great read Dale. Thank you. So true, on so many levels.  ~beer~

geneinnc

Look what DWClaus done brought me! And yes I was sorting lures AND watching MLF live. Thanks again DW, GREATLY appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: geneinnc on May 01, 2021, 12:56:37 PM
Look what DWClaus done brought me! And yes I was sorting lures AND watching MLF live. Thanks again DW, GREATLY appreciated.

Wow, you got yourself a great assortment of  lures Gene!

Dale, I enjoyed the article. Another great read buddy.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

geneinnc

Dale is amazing with a spray bomb.