Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

April 2021 Home Front Activities

(Read 1680 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • UB Life Member & LSCR Club Member
Good evening guys,
We had bright sunny skies most of the day across Central Texas.  We got some Thunder Boomers heading our way from out West.  The forecast is calling for thunderstorm throughout the night.  Our forecasted temps for today were 62-87dgrs with 55%humidity and winds moving across our area from the East at 11mphs.  Tomorrows looking like overcast skies 60-72dgrs with 21% chance of rain.

Busy day at school today.  I had one of my team members assist me in cleaning out the flowerbed next to the one's my wife did.  The whole front of the school's flowerbeds look so much better.   We were done with this task by 10am.  The rest of the day was pretty quiet.  I had a meeting with my supervisor to close out the day.  She gave me my yearly evaluation and we talked about personnel or the lack of them.  She told me across the board we're short 10 custodians.  Of the 10 positions being short (3) of those are at my school.  She's still waiting on the finger prints to come back on one of my new hires.

We'll just keep plugging along and do the best we can.  Tomorrow is another day  ;)

Bud; I was checking our extended forecast and we're schedule for rain these next few days.  I noticed today walking around school the grass is sounding like crackers being stepped on.  Yard work is never ending.  My wife does all the planting for the most part.  If its a large plant she'll have me did the hole for it.  I loaned out my tiller last Spring and the guy just brought it back yesterday.  I didn't even miss it.   You have have fun getting the plants in the ground and be careful with your back and knees.

Rodney; There is nothing more I hate than sorry azz customer service.  I hope they don't change your delivery date.  I've been at our Lowes a couple times and had to wait and wait for an associate to show up.  I was just glad I wasn't in a big hurry.   STARR Testing takes about a week to two weeks to complete.  They're tested on Core Subjects ie Math, Reading and Writing. 

I'm still waiting on the new worker.  His finger prints haven't come back yet.  I bet it is strange seeing the boat gone and new construction going on.  Will the boat still fit in its old position once the construction is completed?

Guys you both  have a great day tomorrow.  Be safe in all you do also. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax
G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat  Yamaha 25hp outboard
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Good morning!!! 46 headed to 60, possible showers, little if any sunshine. Well shut my mouth!!! I had to make a quick trip early to HD, the other big box, while I was there I get a phone call, hate it when Scotland the Brave rings out in bagpipes while I'm in a store, it was Lowes saying they would have my order at the house in about an hour, no, I don't take back anything I said about the customer service, it was terrible but I'm glad they did the delivery.
Bud, my wife is taking my winding down fishing to winding up garden work, I don't think she gets my back has a hard time with both. ;D When she started the garden for veggies I thought I was pretty smart, I bought 2 raised bed kits, talk about being ripped off. I have to replace 3 of them, for what I paid for the kits each cost more than what the lumber costs to build a couple at todays lumber prices. I make ours out of 2X6X8 foot pressure treated. Have on cut in half, butt the ends together to form a box, crank up the air compressor and use an air ratchet to run 3 screws in each butt joint, stainless of course, they last a whole lot longer than the kits.
Donald, good of your wife to do the work on the gardens she did. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Only problem, she now has you doing it to the rest of them so they look good also. lo Hope the newbie passes the fingerprint test soon. We loaned out or tiller about 10-12 years ago, I've come to the conclusion it's never coming back. The boat will fit back when the gravel becomes a patio, it's on the other side of the yard, it's just a small city lot, maybe a good pitch away or so. If all goes well it'll only be back for a short time then replaced with a smaller boat that is easier to work on.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney   
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Marine Coat One

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Yet another chamber of commerce day here on the Grand Strand.  Tourists are here in droves bringing crowded roadways and packed restaurants.  This is a blessing for this are as tourism is our main source of revenue.  Temps today just did get to 80 with low humidity and not much of a breeze.  A front moving in tonight that might drop a small amount of rain but I would not depend on it.  We finished all the rest of the planting in the flower gardens, got everything fed and watered and then watered the front and back yard.  It has been a full day.  I am glad the planting appears to be coming to an end.  The last addition to the flower garden in the courtyard was four hibiscus plants that have become our annual summertime tradition.

I am thinking about bringing the boat home tomorrow but that depends upon the weather.  I want to do change the lower unit fluids and also service the trailer bearings.  Hopefully nothing else just having fun with the boat but that is wishful thinking.  Got my gift package of crankbaits that have been going around the site and they look great.  I really appreciate his generosity.  Will probably get a few wet in the next week or so. 

Supper tonight is leftover meatloaf and mashed potato and then followed up with a slice of fresh strawberry pie.  Do I want ice cream on the pie or whipped cream.  decisions decisions decisions.

There have been three boating accidents on the intracoastal waterway in the past 48 hours.  Unfortunately one death if reported and the boat driver is in jail with a boating while intoxicated charge.  The paper has not reported what happened just showing an overturned boat.  One of the accidents was a jet ski up toward North Myrtle Beach with injury but also with no report of what happened.  The last accident just happened today and is still being investigated.   Looks like it is going to be a long dangerous summer on the intracoastal.  I don't run in the intracoastal very much but that is where my launch location is.  Speed limit on the intracoastal is 30mph but there is quite a mix of big cruisers, small fishing boats, jet skis and kayaks.  Those things tend not to play well together especially when drinking is involved.  Anywhere in the country you must pay attention to what is happening around you and obey the rules.  Also guys, wear your PFDs and use your kill switches.  I do know the death that happened no one was wearing safety gear but they were stored in the boat.  They don't work real good if you don't wear them.

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
Good evening to all,

Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  It started out looking like a Thunderstorm was going to dump on us but by noon we had bright sunny skies.  Our forecasted temps were 64-81dgrs with 51% humidity.  The winds were out of the NE @ 10mphs.  We have rain in the forecast everyday for the rest of the week. 

It was another fun filled day at work.  I was hauling trash to the dumpster in the Gator when the Grounds Supervisor and our Pest Control Supervisor waved me down.  He was carrying a 5gal bucket with a 26in Diamondback Rattle snake they just caught.  This one was making his way up the sidewalk from the Student Parking lot.  He had 2 rattles on his tail and was very healthy looking. 

We got to talking about all these plants and other items that got planted here last year.  We got these Big Grass plants everywhere and they make nice homes to rats, mice and of course snakes.  Our pest control guy told me he's submitting a Service Order to have all that stuff removed.   While looking for more snakes they found numerous rat and mice living underneath those tall grass plants.  I told him hey make my day.  The Grounds Team was out trimming and mowing today.  They'll all be back tomorrow to finish up.  It takes them about 3 days to get everything trimmed and cut out here.

Bud; For sure ya'll need sunny days for the city to thrive there.  Having only been there once during the Summer the place was full of people.  Glad to hear your planting days are over with for a while.  That meatloaf and mash potatoes sure sounded good.   That guy from Missouri sure has the touch for making / painting up some crankbaits.  I'm wanting to get mine wet here soon also especially those Wiggle Wart Crawfish colored one.  Those Squarebill ones will get plenty of use on Belton Lake for sure.  Boating accidents are never good and you're right a life jacket isn't any good unless its on your body and fastened.
Hope your able to get the Ranger wet here soon.

Rodney; That was nice of Lowes to give you a short delivery notice  ~shade   You need to take a picture once the project is completed.  She did a great job on the 3 flower beds she worked on.  She was pretty tire and sore after all the work.  I didn't mind knocking out that last one.  Here soon we won't have to worry about that after the Pest Control guy gets approval to remove those Grass Bush Plants.  I can't think of the name but they are a mess and PIA to deal with.  My wife doesn't like them either.
Hope to hear soon that you gotten that new / smaller boat buddy.  Now that you're somewhat back to 100% you need to be out on the water wetting a line when possible  ;)

You guys and everyone else have a great relaxing day tomorrow.
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Good morning!!! 41 headed to near 60, dry, lots of sun, lots of pollen the reading is already 10 out of 12, back to showers tomorrow. I had a PM from Dale wanting my address to send me some baits, it was difficult but I had to turn him down. With my back I have to give up the boat I have, not being able to afford and not liking to have somebody else do the maintenance, If I can afford to pick up a smaller boat that I don't need to do a lot of lifting and bending to work on it I will but I can't take the baits on an if/come, there are some young folks here trying to fish but are tied up with young families and not a lot of coin. Dale asked me to pick someone so I did. If I can't get another boat I'll be giving all my tackle to a local club to give to some young members starting families.
Bud, sorry to hear about the invasion of summer folks, I don't know how you put up with it. You're a better man than I Gunga Din!!! Hope you can get the boat home to play with.
Donald, have the delinquents go out and round up the rattlers and rats when they get caught committing vandalism, bet they stop then!!! :-* :-* :-* Oh if only you could...... As far as my back goes, I'm holding my own, there is some level of pain almost daily but if I'm careful I can normally work through it but it's slowly getting worse, it's just the way it is. I'm not 100% and won't be there again, I hope to get back into the gym for the elliptical next week, it's the one thing I can do that doesn't mess with the back or knees, the treadmill actually causes the fee, knees ankles and back to be pounded, it's because of the moving belt causes the foot to come down hard, at least that's what the therapists and Doctors are telling me and they know more more than I do. If I'm doing my wood working and the back starts acting up I just turn the lights off, head upstairs and occupy my recliner with an ice pack. I can wait a day or 3 to go back and clean up and get back to what I was doing. I hope your wife is feeling better, it's tough on us guys when the wife is hurting, I know, my wife has bursitis.
Rodney

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
Good evening to all,
Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 59-78dgrs with 78% humidity.  The winds were out of the NE at 10mph.  Tomorrow's forecast is calling for a 73% chance of rain with the temps 61-66dgrs.

It was a busy day today.  After work I stopped by our church and worked for 4 hours trimming the grounds.  I am really beat this evening.  I'm fixing to call it a day just as soon as i finish this.

Rodney;  Well buddy for sure we'll never be 100% but we sure got to stay busy and moving.  I have you and the wife in my daily prayers my good man.  My wife is feeling much better today.  She and a friend spent the day shopping.  She getting ready to fly to Des Monies  IA for a conference.  She needed new shoes, dress, purse and accessories you know the deal.  She's going to be gone for 4 days next month. 

Sir you have a pleasant day tomorrow.  Hopefully those aches and pains will behave themselves.

Bud;  Hope you had a good day today.

To everyone have a pleasant day tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be better than todays.
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Good morning!!! 46 which should be near the high partly sunny, good chance of showers. Shopping day, the day to try not to terrorize those what take up a whole isle and dawdle, I'm not talking about the aged that just can't move well, it's not their fault, life has been less than kind to them, it's the ones who can't make up their mind and no matter how many times they say "sorry" don't get what they are doing. Doesn't take much to keep the cart off to the side enough to let folks by while peruse all the labels on a shelf, must be the times we're in. We had a guy who shopped with his significant other who used to stand in the parking lot and tell folks they couldn't park near his vehicle and better be careful when you back up so as not to hit him, in a rather brusque tone. He started in on me one day, I reminded him that he pulled in next to me, not the other way around. Then he told me I had to move the cart out of way, after surveying the geography I told him that if he couldn't get by to give me the keys and I would back his vehicle out, not the response he was looking for I guess. After giving me a few choice words, some about my parentage, made sure he would have to wait till I was gone before he could move, not my best behavior but he pushed all the right buttons. Wegmans has what they call helping hands and I got to know one of the guys, we saw each other every week and he made a point of helping me when I was gimping , he told me the guy was banned from the store, he harassed one too many customers. I felt bad about my behavior but as I said, he pushed all the right buttons. I've noticed that folks just aren't as respectful of others as they used to be, they will drive down the middle of an isle in the parking like they own it and you best move out of their way, doesn't work when you have put your car on top of another, they also will force people pushing their carts to duck between  a parked car and the driveway, I thought the courteous thing was give way to folks on foot, fortunately these rude barbarians are in the minority and most folks have a live and let live attitude but their numbers are increasing. Everybody is in such a rush to get where they are going, might be better off leaving a touch earlier. Frankly the most polite folks I've seen at a mall are those who shop BPS and the Gander Mountain store that was here, it's like there's a special code, even when the store is jammed because of a sale, I do believe outdoor types are the best people around.
Donald, I know all about the need for shopping before a trip that women have, my wife has it also. Before her trip to Florida there were packages coming in the mail and UPS coming in daily it seemed like. Me, a clean pair of jeans or 2 and shorts if the weather is warm along with "T" shirts or sweaters and of course, clean underwear. For a week just enough to fill a small carry-on, I just don't understand the need for all the different changes of clothing needed by the woman folk,  and I've been married for 50 years, still don't get it, must be wired wrong. lo lo ;)
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
Today was not a good day.  Started off very normal.  Jumped into the shower and the wife opens the door and says that our dog Tiffani may have had a stroke.  I finished the shower jumped out and checked on the dog and she is unable to stand up.  We rushed her to the vet and after a battery of tests nothing was conclusive.  The vet seems to think that the dog may have a brain tumor but more tests were needed.  After a few hours the vet called and had not reached any conclusions.  She said we could get a brain scan for the dog for about $1K.  I did not agree because even if they found something no treatment would be possible as the dog is 13 years old and very small.  With the help of the vet we took the dog to a 24 hour a day emergency hospital for observation and some additional treatment over the weekend.  If no improvement we will have to have a different discussion on Monday.  This dog was in perfect health and this was such a sudden thing.  All other tests have proved that all other functions are good with no problems.  Will just have to wait the weekend to find out.  It is really had to make these decisions but I need to be realistic that her chances look pretty slim at this time.

We have had dogs for over 50 years and each one was special to us.  At our age it may be time to take a break from dogs for a while.  It is just too hard when you lose them.

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
Greetings from a Soggy Belton, Texas  ~rain
We've had rain for the past couple days now and it was pretty bad yesterday.  I had rain coming in under the garage door and the side door  :surrender:  It rained like the devil for about 30minutes and then it stopped for a little bit and it continued to rain throughout the night into early morning.  We had light rain throughout the day also.  I had to put my rain suit while at work today.

Our forecasted temps for today was 49-63dgrs with 93% humidity with some gusting NW 12mph winds.  Tomorrow supposed to be cloudy with a 17% chance of rain. 

It was quiet day at work today.  The kids finished up testing finally so they'll have free run of the school next week again.  I wished everyday was a test day.  They're locked down and under constant supervision during test periods.  There's no fishing planned for this weekend I'll be heading into the office in the morning for a couple hours to do Time Sheets and some Performance Counseling.  The wife just text'd me that Belton Market Days are tomorrow so we'll be down town checking out the vendors.

Bud; Sure sorry to hear about you pet.  Your right pets are very special to their owners.  We used to have a German Shepard / Husky her name was Milo.  We had her for 13yrs and had to put her down due to cancer.  It was really hard for my wife as she was pretty close to her.  We also had a Siamese / Perish Short Hair Cat.  His name was Solomon.  I bought him at a pet store in Anchorage, Alaska for my wife Christmas Present.  We had him for 16yrs and had to put him down for cancer also.  It hit me real hard when we had him put down. 

We decided after that we wouldn't be getting anymore pets.  I've asked the wife a couple times since then if she wanted another pet and she told me no.  Pets are very much like kids and are a family member. 

Rodney; Wow it sure sounds like an Adventure when you go shopping  ~shade  I know what you mean I hate grocery shopping myself also.  When I go shopping we make a list and it's in and out.  The only time I take my time is when we're at the BPS etc.  and you're right people those people are just more friendly.   So how's the backyard project coming along?  You been on line shopping for a different boat yet?

Guys ya'll have a relaxing weekend ahead.  Be safe in you do especially if you have to get out and travel anywhere. 
Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:22:09 PM by Donald Garner
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Dog

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Sorry to hear about your dog Bud.
I swore when we lost our buddy in 2016 no more dogs month later some how some way I ended up with 2 rescues wiener dog big one not the mini like most are and a runted beagle wouldnt give them up for anything.
They are both 5 now and I myself think when they are gone we are not going to get anymore.
Don you want to send some of that rain this way sure could use it.
Sunday only working 4 hours then going to go up to bps and bug the salesman about our boat lol and see if there is anything in stock from their sale they got going.
Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
My dog is doing much better today.  She is able to stand and her eyes look normal again.  She is still a little woozy from all the medications but doing as well as can be expected.  She will stay in the hospital until Monday and by then she should be released to come home if she continues to make good progress.  We visited with her for a few minutes today and it was clear that she is doing better.

Mowed the lown today and also watered the lawn and all the flowers and our new trees in the back yard.  Temps today were only in the low 70s and no rain.  More of the same tomorrow.  We did not cook tonight but ordered a couple of firehouse subs for tonights meal. 

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
Good morning from Belton, Texas  8)

We're starting the day off with over cast skies and forecasted temps of 44-68dgrs with 80% humidity.  We have a NW wind of 8mph moving around Central Texas this morning.  It's a little on the chilly side this morning  ~shade

We're off to church here shortly we have re-opened our church for the most part.  We still have to wear masks and still practice social distancing by sitting in every other pew row.  We started having  Sunday School Classes last week so this is new.  So far there haven't been any issues. 

There's nothing planned right now for the rest of the day.  We'll have lunch somewhere after church as it's not been determined yet  :-\ 

Bud; Tks for the update on your pet.  I hope things turn out good for it and ya'll.

Dog; The rain has moved towards the East buddy.  Most of our rain storms either come in from the West, North or South.  So did BPS provide you with an update on the boat? 

Rodney; Hope all well with ya'll at your place.

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant Sunday. 
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
Good news from the Vet.  Tiffani is doing even better and will be released from the hospital this morning.  Truly did not think we would get her home again but she is doing very very well.  We are excited to pick her up today.

Been a busy baking morning for me.  Made two strawberry pies and I now have a banana bread in the oven.  Nothing else planned for today.  Temps remain on the cool side with a high of 70 predicted and a soft E breeze keeping is cool from the sea breeze. 

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday, I know mine sure has been that way so far.

Dog

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Don thats just about my luck storms move away from california lol.
Yes I cut out of work early today wife and I went to bps and the sales man looked it up it should be here first part of may and we should get it middle of may few other boats in front of us and they still have to do a bunch of items to it. So another month I can hang with that. Now the real shocker I walked out of there without spending a dime!!!!!!!
.Bud great news to hear about your pooch!!! I hope she keeps getting better. I like my dogs more then I like most people.
Well everyone have a great afternoon and be safe.

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Good morning!!! 41 headed to 60 or so, sunny, tomorrow cooler but sunny, Wednesday possible snow. Not much going on here, just hoping the yard dries out by the weekend, we couldn't have the patio done Saturday, the tractor would have torn up the lawn something fierce, it's like a sponge, take a step make a puddle, take a step make a puddle, not good.
Bud, good news about the dog, for sure it's tough when your pet is feeling poorly, you hurt along with them. I can remember everyone we, I've had had since I was a little ankle biter, they all hold a special place with me.
Dog, careful or BPS will ban you from the store until your boat is ready. lo lo I'm surprised it's taking that long to get the boat to you.
Donald, hope the kids don't have enough pent up energy to start running amok. We weren't able to have the patio done Saturday, as I said earlier the yard is drenched, it's spongy when you walk across it, the tractor would cause a lot of damage and I sure don't want to be repairing the lawn all summer. It'll be at least another week before i have the boat back here and can put it on Craigslist. Guess I'll get the mower running and cut some grass, at least the front yard, it's looking like a hay lot, I'll shame the neighbors into mowing theirs. lo lo Dirty job but somebodies got to do it. lo lo The front yard dries out rapidly so it'll be safe to do it.

Marine Coat One

Dog

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass

Dog, careful or BPS will ban you from the store until your boat is ready. lo lo I'm surprised it's taking that long to get the boat to you.

It is pretty bad when they know you on a first name basis lol. They were happy I listed my  boat for what they said and sold if for that price. Right now its a great time for sellers there are just no boats out there.
BPS has stopped taking orders now for 2021 boats in a couple of weeks be taking orders for 2022 year models and only mod v's then later in the year for deep v's plus they raised the price across the board 2k on their boats so I got in on the tail end of the old price. Well it time for breakfast guess ill make roasted poblano pepper mushroom and cheese omlets with hash browns. Everyone have a great day.

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
Howdy from Central Texas  8)

Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 48-70dgrs with 35%humidity.  The winds were out of the SE @ 7mph. 

Another day at the Fun Farm.  I got my Team's Evaluations all done today.  I'll take them and turn them into my Supervisor in the morning.  Some kid got busted in the nose real good this afternoon.  There was blood everywhere > Floor, stall doors, mirror, toilet seat, sink <  in that restroom.  I had to close the restroom down so I could clean the blood up. 

I got to get my 2nd shot on Wednesday afternoon.  I'm thinking about taking Thursday and Friday off this week.  I have 4 vacation days left and I have to use them or lose them before the end of this month.  One of the days off is already planned for> Cleaning the gutters.  I really hate doing that  ~shade  If the weather is descent I'll take a trip over to Nolan Lake.

Dog; Tks for the update on your boat.  Breakfast sure sounded good  ;)

Rodney; The lil darling and knot heads are starting to show off now.  They've figured out just how much they can get away with now.  We had a female smear blood all over the stall walls etc yesterday.  I just can't figure out why they do that crap.  That restroom I had to clean up today one of the toilets was covered up with toilet paper and paper towels.  Who ever did this had to go into a Staff Restroom to get the paper towels.  All of the restrooms (-) staff restrooms have Hand Driers in them.  Of course after loading up the toilet he took a dump on top of everything  ~rant   Oh well I just glad that mess wasn't all over the floor.

My wife worked in the yard today.  She did some plant trimming, weeded out some of the flower beds and mowed the yard.  She even found time to fix supper for me also  ;)  Tomorrow her and some of her Master Gardner Friends are heading to Salado, Texas to do some planting there in town.

With all this rain we've had recently 3 inches the ground is pretty soggy here too.  Hey take some pictures of the back yard project you got going on.

Bud; Hope things are going good for ya.  How's the dog doing today?  You get that lower unit oil drained yet?

You all have a relaxing day tomorrow. 
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
Tiffani continues to improve but still not 100%.  The stroke may have caused permanent damage and her right rear leg is still a bit weak but  still functional.  Hoping that with some exercise in small amounts her strength will come back.  She is eating well and having bowel movements and normal bladder functions so all of that is good.  Only time will tell.

The boat in here in the driveway and the batteries are charged and ready to go for tomorrow on the river.  Rods are rigged so all we have to do is hook up and head out.  Sure hope it performs like our last outing.  Wanted to change the lower unit fluid but the bottom screw would not budge.  Could not find my impact tool so I ordered another on that will be here tomorrow along with a couple new replacement screws and gaskets.  The old screw heads are a little chewed up so they just need replaced.  Maybe I can change the fluid tomorrow afternoon when we get back from fishing.

It was a beautiful day here at the beach coolish in the morning and in the upper 70sj this afternoon.  More of the same expected for tomorrow but maybe a little cooler.  Tides this week are quite small so that won't be much of a consideration at the launch ramp.  High tide is about 7AM so we will be fishing the outgoing tide on this trip.  Will likely be done before the tide starts to come back up.  I see the mid west has some snow at this time but not as bad as the North East got it last week.  Winter just seems to be hanging on for those folks.  Our biggest problem here at the beach is lack of rain.  It has been very dry for the past few weeks but a good chance of a little rain is forecasted for the weekend.  We sure need it.  At least I got the lawn  weed and feed put down that requires at least 24 hours of dry weather so no problem this time. 

Dog

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Bud this is the screwdriver I use for those screw plugs on lower units. Works real well and not bad on pricing either.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Marine-Plug-Screwdrivers/Large-Marine-Plug-Screwdriver-(Red)/SGD155CR

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Good morning!!! 41 headed to upper 40s, breezy, partly sunny. Not much going on, just trying to get my back to work. Hate this up and down weather, cold with possible snow tomorrow.
Dog, the price increases are all BPSs fault, material and shipping costs have gone up and they need to pass it on.
Bud, enjoy the river today!!!
Donald, look at what's going on in the world, consequences are being set aside for most anything except murder, the kids are just taking advantage of it, they probably get away with all kinds of trouble at home, it's a brave new world out there and it isn't working. I find my self picking up more and more trash that gets left in the yard, yesterday I picked up a Burger King bag that had released the remnants of at least 2 meals, it was scattered along the curb and grass in front of our house and the neighbors, it's slowly getting worse.
Rodney 

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
Dog, I have one of those tools, the problem is I can't find it.   :)  Decided to get the impact version this time as it is much cheaper at this time.  I will continue to look for my original tool it has to be here somewhere.

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
It snowed all morning here in the Northern Ozark Plateau. Snowed. It's forty degrees outside right now, and it's still spitting snow. Like Charlie Brown used to say, AAARRRRGGGHHH!

Dale
If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans...

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
Short trip to the river today.  Just too much wind to do any fishing and there was a lot of traffic out there today.  Mostly big cruisers heading north on the Intracoastal.  Big problems at the ramp this morning.  There was a large sailboat tied up at the courtesy doc and no one was around.  I suspect the owner may have had some engine problems and that is where he could find to tie up.  Our launch area is small and the boat took up all available space on the courtesy doc.  When we returned to load up the sailboat was still there and there were folks launching and the ramp was backed up.  Further investigation shows a boat had launched and was tied up and he could not get his motor running.  Instead of putting it back on the trailer he sat there and tried to get it to run but no luck.  I backed my boat into the shallow side and tied up and went and got the trailer backed in and we got outta there.  This mess delayed us about 45 minutes.  This is the first time this has happened where it screwed me up and I hope it does not happen again.  Could not believe the river traffic for a Tuesday late morning.  Just too many new boaters trying out their rigs both new and old. 

After returning home I changed the oil in the lower unit and discovered my lower unit holds 34 oz and the standard packaging for the oil is 32 oz.  It will have to do but you can bet in the fall I will have some additional fluid.  FYI the fluid trained out was in good shape with no indications of water or metal shavings.  I put the old oil back into the container I just emptied and it looks like the service shop also used a 32 oz bottle.  No big deal but would have liked to top it off.  While I was at it I replaced the drain screws on the lower unit to make the process a lot easier the next time.  The old screws were a little messed up from using an improper tool sometime in the past.  This kind of work is normally done during my routine service but this time I had to do it myself.  No big deal just have not done it myself for quite some time.  OK guys stay warm with the cold coming through our neighborhoods in the next day or two.

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
Greetings to everyone from Belton, Texas  :)

We had a beautiful day across Central Texas today.  It was windy most of the day but the temps were warm so it didn't matter.  Our forecasted temps for today were 40-67dgrs with 43% humidity and a N wind howling at 20mphs.  Tomorrow is suppose to be pretty much like today.

It was a good day at work today.  I got a New Team Member today.  We're now down to being 2 short of a full team.  The night shift is happy they have a full crew now.  They will spend the rest of this week doing team cleaning.  This will allow the new guy to see what's going on etc.  Monday there's no school but we're working.  I'm going to take him around then and talk to him etc. he'll be on his own then.

Dale; I hate that White Stuff.  I remember growing up in St. Louis back in the 70's.  After I got my Drivers License I got a boat and used to fish the Oxbows off the Mississippi River up in Foley, Missouri.  I get the new paper and check the fishing reports and river stages at the dams around the first part of  April time frame.  Sure enough we get some sunshine and the darn cold weather and snow would show back up  ~rant

Rodney; yes sir the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Everyday it's something different with these kids.  We had a knot head walk down the hall with a permanent marker.  He drew a curvy up and down line from one side of the bulletin board to the other side its like 10ft long / wide.  I tried to get the marker off with some chemicals I use but it didn't work.  I'm going to have to do a Service Order and have the painters come out.  Hopefully they'll have something that will take that crap off that board.

I know what you mean about the yard trash also.  Everyday I pick up something out of the front yard.   I've yet to see a empty beer can fly through the air by itself.

Bud; Tks for the update on your dog.  Glad to hear it's doing better.  When I change out my lower unit oil I use a big flat tip screw driver.  Here these past couple years I let the local marine techs do all that stuff.

Dog; Tks for sharing that tool link with us.

To everyone have a pleasant day tomorrow.  I hope it a better one than today's was. 
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
IT'S FREAKING SNOWING AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SNOWING TOMORROW!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: I shouldn't be surprised, I've seen it snow on my B'Day which is the middle of next month, the roads are open and it'll be gone soon but I was getting used to warmer weather, good thing we didn't pack the winter stuff away yet. Bud, nice to find your tools to do the work, I know what you mean about blocked launches, have had it happen to me and it's not fun. So did you run the Ranger or just take it easy?
Dale, us seasoned type folks just don't care for snow this time of year, vent and blame it on the politicians, it's their fault. lo
Donald, that's a young person that needs the rod of knowledge applied to the seat of learning, shame they did away with it. It's freaking cold here, damp too, going to take a bit to get the joints working. ~rant As I took the trash barrels out to the curb I was picking up trash, no cans or bottles though, they can redeemed for 5 cents each, comes with the territory I guess. This weather must be driving the fish bonkers, come in to feed one day run for cover the next. lo lo Congrats on being closer to a full crew!!!
Rodney