The New Look of Ultimate Bass - Comments Please

Started by Mike Cork, April 05, 2021, 11:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechAdmin

@Captsteve, @Oldfart9999, @Lipripper, @fishingram24 thanks for your comments! ~sun

@Polaris425, ha! Think that in the original theme it wasn't even present on mobile ::) And was in fact one of the very first things I did.

@Fun4me, no there is not. It wouldn't be particularly easy to add it either, thinking about it, because it doesn't affect just the menu element but the whole body as well, plus it has to consider when it collapses for mobile and... Yeah, it's messy. If you really must make it go away you can zoom in (on pc) with Ctrl +/- (in this case, Ctrl and Plus) to the point it switches to mobile view and becomes horizontally collapsible.
Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

zarraspook

WOW !!!!!!

But worth the work..

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms
Should be a convenience store not a government agency!!

TechAdmin

We now have a link for the UB Facebook page and a new scrollbar (this one for most but not all browsers) :-*
Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

DonM

It seems to be much faster than before.  Looks good too. ~c~
DonM

JPRColorado

Could be just me...  Using an iPad, I can't seem to hide the red navigation bar (Hello, Forums Home, Help, Search, etc.) - and it takes up a lot of screen real estate id prefer to use to read posts and see pictures.

Can that menu be hidden on mobile/iPad?

TechAdmin

That is due to the fact that those geniuses stuffed an insane resolution on that screen, and in cases like these it's very much counter-productive... I would suggest to simply flip it and use it horizontally.
I'll try to come up with something but when you have a device like that using an higher resolution than the 24" or whatever monitor I'm looking at, you can surely understand what kind of fubar situation that is :o
Thanks for your input anyway!

JPRColorado

Gotcha!  Good to know the why, and that I'm not missing something on my end. Thanks for the cool work. I'm sure it was a huge effort and it looks and works great.

TechAdmin

Alright I've done something a bit new, try to clear your browser cache and see how it looks now. All phones with high resolutions really, let me know if it's better or worse, it *should* be a bit more readable on high resolution small screens but it's extremely hard to do without actually owning the device.

So https://dpi.lv/ if your device has a very high dpi value and a small screen, let me know how it is. It SHOULD be better because I basically zoomed everything in a tiny bit.
For more technical informations that would be:
  • min-resolution: 200dpi and min-width: 1200px zoom: 10%
  • min-resolution: 300dpi and min-width: 1200px zoom: 15%
  • min-resolution: 400dpi and min-width: 1200px zoom: 20%
  • min-resolution: 500dpi and min-width: 1200px zoom: 25%
You, JPRColorado, should be in the 10/15% zoom tiers so to speak but I'd be interested into hearing feedback from people in the most hardcore tiers with 20/25% zoom if possible. It will not work on Safari, no way around that, it just simply doesn't support the zoom property.

Pacific NW Ron

Today was my first look at the "New Look"  It looks great but like every other site you have to learn to navigate the site.  I found no glitches today.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

JPRColorado

It looks great to me!  I was using safari, now chrome. Here is a screenshot of my iPad Pro 10.5.

Thanks again for your amazing attention to detail and commitment to this community.

TechAdmin

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on April 08, 2021, 02:05:45 PM
Today was my first look at the "New Look"  It looks great but like every other site you have to learn to navigate the site.  I found no glitches today.
Neat! Quick navigation links are now in the "Quick Links" menu button rather than in the side columns, which require even less scrolling to find.
Contact informations are (since 5 minutes ago) in the Help section as it makes a bit more sense.
Quote from: JPRColorado on April 09, 2021, 12:46:18 AM
It looks great to me!  I was using safari, now chrome. Here is a screenshot of my iPad Pro 10.5.

Thanks again for your amazing attention to detail and commitment to this community.
HA! And I shall thank you very much for the screenshot, because I did that without being able to see it ;D It sure does seem to work as intended right there ~sun
Also, welcome to the forum!

TechAdmin

YouTube/Vimeo videos are automatically embedded, because who doesn't do that nowadays?

kdubracing

The only thing I don't like so far is when quoting a comment, all the other previous quotes are in that quote. It doesn't only quote the specific comment. It makes a string of quotes quite long sometimes.

TechAdmin

That is not a theme thing, it's a feature. If you don't like to quote everything simply delete the quotes you don't want from the message, but it makes it incredibly easier for more complicated discussions. We had a topic in the mod board about the theme that would have been impossible to follow through without multi-quotes being enabled.

kdubracing

I was meaning when other people quote, not when I do. I can see instances it may help, but overall I'd rather only see the one quotes comment.

gtrpickr

Wow! thought I landed somewhere else at first,  lo  Looks pretty cool so far!

D.W. Verts

I see the Facebook link, but is there not one back to the UB website?

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

TechAdmin

Quote from: gtrpickr on April 10, 2021, 12:58:23 AM
Wow! thought I landed somewhere else at first,  lo  Looks pretty cool so far!
lo
Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 10, 2021, 06:51:22 AM
I see the Facebook link, but is there not one back to the UB website?

Dale
I mentioned the quick links just yesterday ???

BigNasty06

Wow!  What a change.  Thought I was directed to an incorrect site....LOL!!!

The site looks awesome Mike, Laurie, and TechAdmin.  I have not browsed through the various pages too much but initial thoughts are good.  I'm on my laptop currently and will connect via my mobile device shortly.

Kudos to the staff, BigLou, and the rest of crew.

BN06

Mike Cork

The link from Facebook back here is something I have to work and will.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

oldjim

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

merc1997

mike

one thing that i see that could have been added was some type of like button so one could like someone's post and the replies.  i don't know if that can be added at this stage, but something to think about in the future.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

FD

Quote from: merc1997 on April 17, 2021, 09:27:49 AM
mike

one thing that i see that could have been added was some type of like button so one could like someone's post and the replies.  i don't know if that can be added at this stage, but something to think about in the future.

bo
That was something that was discussed at length behind the curtain.  Several times.  The final decision was a no.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works