The New Look of Ultimate Bass - Comments Please

Started by Mike Cork, April 05, 2021, 11:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

It looks good.  Not too sure how communications are working.  I sent CM membership April 5th, followed up with PM to Mike on 13th. 
I'm hoping the  money got to the right place.
DonM

TechAdmin

The system didn't get the payment confirmation for whatever reason, so yeah you will have to double check with Mike/Laurie. However, this surely isn't the place to talk about that PoPo I will post a thread in administration board.
Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

merc1997

Quote from: FD on April 17, 2021, 12:47:33 PM
Quote from: merc1997 on April 17, 2021, 09:27:49 AM
mike

one thing that i see that could have been added was some type of like button so one could like someone's post and the replies.  i don't know if that can be added at this stage, but something to think about in the future.

bo
That was something that was discussed at length behind the curtain.  Several times.  The final decision was a no.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures
my thoughts it is a very quick way for people to see, even moderators to quickly see how any post and replies are being liked.  it makes anyone that replies a quick way to see if there are likes to their response and to see if anyone quoted to their response.  and since you took out the replies to your comments makes it easier to see in one needs to follow up further on something.  just my thoughts.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

big g

A question I have is, when you log in and I hit forever it never works.  I have to log in again every time I return to the site, even an hour later.  Does this not work, or am I doing something wrong?
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

TechAdmin

Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

Mike Cork

Quote from: big g on April 19, 2021, 12:30:21 PM
A question I have is, when you log in and I hit forever it never works.  I have to log in again every time I return to the site, even an hour later.  Does this not work, or am I doing something wrong?

I don't have this issue at all, your cookies must be dumping the site information when you leave the site.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Quote from: merc1997 on April 17, 2021, 08:20:58 PM
my thoughts it is a very quick way for people to see, even moderators to quickly see how any post and replies are being liked.  it makes anyone that replies a quick way to see if there are likes to their response and to see if anyone quoted to their response.  and since you took out the replies to your comments makes it easier to see in one needs to follow up further on something.  just my thoughts.

bo

Bo you can hit the updated topics and it lists the threads you've posted to if there has been an update. Basically the same thing you were using.

As far as the like button. We've done that before and it only took a week to upset a ton of members because they weren't liked....

Cork's Reel Service

TechAdmin

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 19, 2021, 01:59:55 PM
As far as the like button. We've done that before and it only took a week to upset a ton of members because they weren't liked....
Let's spice it up and add a dislike button then  >:D ~b~ :-* ~roflmao

Mike Cork

Quote from: TechAdmin on April 19, 2021, 02:32:27 PM
Quote from: Mike Cork on April 19, 2021, 01:59:55 PM
Let's spice it up and add a dislike button then  >:D ~b~ :-* ~roflmao

We tried that too and it got ugly quicker  :surrender:

Cork's Reel Service

TechAdmin

Mine was sarcasm, didn't know you actually tried ~roflmao Yeah it just spreads negativity in a way or another, and can limit posts as well because sometimes rather than making a post and saying "Thanks" one would just put the reaction instead. This does hurt the forum in the long run.

Mike Cork

I know you were teasing but yeah we tried a few years ago and called it Bass-A-Tude it about ruined the place  ~b~

Cork's Reel Service

TechAdmin

We could do a "Thanks" mod but then again "Why did he get X thanks and I got less?" and so on...

BASSCATLILDAVE speaking of which, thank you!  ;)

jwkelley51

test...it worked. I have been unable to post from my tablet using the Brave as a browser. Well, it works now. I'm assuming it had something to do with control and f5 key.....Tablet ain't got no f5 key so I had to use the computer?

TechAdmin

Manually clear the cache from the browser application settings (outside of the program itself, in applications list from phone settings, generally) to force a refresh. By the looks of it a quick Google search tells me that Brave browser isn't new to random crashes/not loading sites all of a sudden.
The new look cannot in any way not load due to the browser, worst case scenario it won't look exactly the same due to very outdated versions (f.e. very old Internet Explorer or Safari).

Smallie_Stalker

Something I just noticed when posting a report on a ramp closure in the New Hampshire Fishing Reports board.

When I set headings to be bold and underlined the underlining did not work like it has in the past. Also the underlining on the phone numbers did not work either.

Just an observation and no problem at all. Just wondering if this is intentional or a glitch that needs to be made aware of.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

TechAdmin

That's a very small but good catch, a string was missing and the underline feature wasn't working entirely. Fixed, thanks for the report ~c~
(You will need to flush the cache).

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: TechAdmin on April 28, 2021, 04:22:40 PM
That's a very small but good catch, a string was missing and the underline feature wasn't working entirely. Fixed, thanks for the report ~c~
(You will need to flush the cache).

Thank you sir!
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bigbass201

R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

coldfront

mike, laurie:  one feature of old site I used to appreciate - when a new report was posted in the states section, the state would turn BOLD.  if I'd gone in and read a state it was no longer 'bolded'.
possible with new site?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: coldfront on May 16, 2021, 07:31:16 AM
mike, laurie:  one feature of old site I used to appreciate - when a new report was posted in the states section, the state would turn BOLD.  if I'd gone in and read a state it was no longer 'bolded'.
possible with new site?

There's a bold speech bubble next to the state instead of the state being highlighted.

D.W. Verts

I may be missing this but is there a link on the forum to the ultimatebass.com home page?

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Bud Kennedy

Dale, it is in the quick links section upper left of this screen

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

TechAdmin

I've been deliberately silent but checking in, it looks like you people got the hang of it ~gf