Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

A little set back on my Eyra

(Read 1269 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
Yes EK has done all they can do to get the part and I was told last week that I would have to wait until 24 Feb for it to ship and that was a maybe.  I could not control it anymore and went off on Mercury Marine CS.  I flat out asked them why they are building motors that they can not support, I added a few extra words in there also.  I did not get a good answer.  Went out on my own and located two complete lower units and bought one.  They were the only two in the US according to Mercury Marine.  EK is returning the parts already received and I will pay the difference of the parts/labor and complete lower unit.  I am willing to shuck out a few extra bucks to get my boat back.  I am going on 4 months with it in the shop waiting on parts.  Should get it back today or tomorrow.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

BassmanRudy

• Charter Member
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
Yep I'm sure those words started with a "F" and ended with a "u" lol!! Customer service sounds like complete garbage. They had no problem selling you a $$$$$$$ item but can't back it up. Way too late in the game to blame the "Wuhan flu" as it's been over a year!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
You are correct.....I try not to operate that way but they are selling the engines as fast as they can make them and should realize that shit happens and spare parts are going to needed and stock piled.  All about the money and not the end user.
Elwood

BassmanRudy

• Charter Member
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
You are correct.....I try not to operate that way but they are selling the engines as fast as they can make them and should realize that shit happens and spare parts are going to needed and stock piled.  All about the money and not the end user.
^^^ yep that's all they seem to care about... bet their CEO isn't blocking his pay check!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
Hopefully this nightmare has ended.  Parked my Eyra back in her home last night.  Going to take her to Cross today and put a couple hours on the new lower and then let her eat.
Elwood

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
Wished I ride along :-* one of these times...
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
You are more than welcome in the boat Mike....

She ran pretty good, took it up to 84 for a couple of short burst.  Only had the 28 pitch prop on so I was close to the limiter.  Put the 30 on for a few runs today.  Sure is nice to have it back !!!!!!!!
Elwood

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB