My buddies pond

Started by Blacknredflake, April 08, 2021, 06:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacknredflake

I often go to a friends of mine pond. Its rare to ever go and not catch. Its a perfect 1 acre or so pond to practice new setups and baits.

Well saturday afternoon I took the fiance and my 8 yr old with me so they could bust some bluegill as I tossed a Ned rig around...just something bout a ned rig. Catching dinks is a blast.

Fast forward to the later afternoon. The fiance and my little girl tired from rippin bluegill. Sat and just watched me be stress free and enjoy myself.  I tied on a blue back shad colored ChugBug and the 3rd cast..after a few chugs.   This chunky thing exploded on it!

If it wasnt for the fact I was fishing a privately owned pond... I would be on the board on Ibass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catch and tks for sharing the photo with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

Those kind of days are needed in our lives.  ~c~
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

BassmanRudy

A "POND DAY" is def needed once in a while!! I have one coming up soon!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Deadeye

Pond Days are great to have every so once in awhile.

My old friend, now passed, used to feed fish off of his dock every day. He would allow me to take the Grandkids over and have a Field Day catching Bluegill and All Sorts of Sunfish.

Back in Pennsylvania I had a Rotation of Old Farm Ponds that I had permission to fish. I kept them "fresh" by only fishing them every 2-3 weeks. I would fish 2-4 nights a week after work. Never got skunked fishing Farm Ponds.

Princeton_Man

A great peaceful day! ~c~
I haven't fished a pond or private lake in many years, I miss that.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Man I wish I had ponds around here to fish. The good ones have gators running around LOL

That is a very healthy bass, congrats.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service