Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Trailer Maintenance Time

(Read 2333 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Planning on bringing the Ranger home from storage in a couple days.  Originally was just gonna change the lower unit lube but decided that the trailer also needs some TLC.  Going to do the bearings and give the trailer a complete check over just to be sure that all is well including tire pressures.  Unfortunately too many folks are guilty of not keeping up the the needs of the trailer only to pay the price later while they are on the road some place.

Last week I gave the trailer a good power washing including an application of salt away.   Our brackish water can cause some problems in the area of the hubs, brakes and axle.  Hard to believe the trailer is now three years old.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
Great reminder Bud. Every year I see folks with trailer trouble loose out on a great day of fishing. I do my best to maintain my trailer and it still gets me occasionally... However because I keep a close eye on it, generally I see trouble coming and can work it at my own convenience versus the side of the road. 
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

geneinnc

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Good call Mike. When I had the boat off I found Bearing Buddies were low, all the stringers were rotting under the carpet, tires were dangerous low. It was really a wreck waiting to happen. Everything repaired and it pulls like a new one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nutt

• Ultimate Basser
  • Gods Country
Anyone have any experience with the Vortex Hubs?  Thats what my trailer has and I know nothing about them as far as maintenance, etc.
Getting me some cold cuts!!  WHOOO!!

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB