Canada reporting

Started by RangerAndBass, April 17, 2021, 09:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerAndBass

Well I've posted lots on here before but all from Florida (snowbird). 
The reason I am now is Ontario has never had a catch and release season before. We have to wait until the spawn is typically over for our season to open (mid-late June)
This year, for no reason explained they opened Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence River. Maybe because New York has one and people were crossing the  border to fish the same water?
Anyway I am not a big water fisherman so luckily I have a couple nice bays near me that I would fish in the summers anyway.
Fishing water that is 48-52F I foreign to me. After watching everything I could and talking to a good friend in Maine I happily went bass fishing in April.
I worked hard and stumbled on to one late and couldn't repeat. I'll give it another go tomorrow.
PS I happily submitted this fish to the IBass competition, was hoping to not zero as I have only 2 weeks in each of the 1st 3 months due to our season up here.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

big g

Good to see you back on the site.  Hopefully you'll be back here this winter.  Tight lines!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

Good to see you fishing..  FYI, both of your Rangers caught fish yesterday.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

~c~ great seeing you posting fish again R&B. Appreciate the report.  ~beer~

RangerAndBass

Quote from: big g on April 17, 2021, 11:41:34 PM
Good to see you back on the site.  Hopefully you'll be back here this winter.  Tight lines!
Thanks G. It was tough not being there this winter.  Finger crossed everything works out for next

Mike Cork

Thanks for sharing your beast with us ~c~ She's a beautiful fish and for up there I imagine she's like catching a 10 pounder in Florida :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

RangerAndBass

Thanks Mike. Well that 10lb'er has been elusive for me in Florida but getting to bass fish in April up here is pretty nice.

Mike Cork

I guess that's what I was thinking, your catch in Canada is very large and a largemouth. What is a trophy class Largemouth up there? Normally it's all about the smallmouth up there, I know they get big...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

RangerAndBass

The photo made that one look bigger than it was, but it was really fat and healthy.

6lbs is a giant largemouth, 7lbs for smallies. You can get close but its hard to get past that number.

I've gotten a 5.35 LM & a 5.85 SM. (And a 8.75 LM in Fla)