Lookig for opinions.

Started by OCBassman, April 18, 2021, 02:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCBassman

Both of my Lowrance hook units stopped showing depth. So I am looking at getting a Humminbird. I have narrowed it down to two. Just not sure if I should go with the 5 inch with the side scan or the 7 inch without. Any Insight would be appreciated.

Here are the units I'm looking at.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FD

Without knowing what your future plans are for electronics, your style of fishing and where you fish the most, that is a difficult question to answer.

But if you are just comparing those two units.  Go with the H7.  It's a Gen 3 and a H7.  Both are minimum requirements to network with another unit in the future.  Plus the H5 screen is so small that SI would not be very useful anyway.

That is a great price on the H7 and if it is really in stock, get it right away.  I would call them first and verify they have it because nearly everything is on a national backorder right now.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

I agree with FD, go with the H7. I have 2 of those units, but they are G2's.

Wayne P.

Neither unit is networkable.
No Helix 5 has network capability and the Helix 7 has to be G3N version to have an Ethernet connection.
All Helix units in the 8", 9", 10", 12" and 15" are networkable.
Humminbird SOLIX 12 SI, SOLIX 12 SI G3, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G3N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 10 CHIRP DI+ GPS G3N, Helix 8 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL

OCBassman

Thanx for the help everybody. I went to order the H7 this morning. Unfortunately that price is no longer. So I'm back to square 1.  That was at the top of my price range.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: OCBassman on April 18, 2021, 10:13:05 AM
Thanx for the help everybody. I went to order the H7 this morning. Unfortunately that price is no longer. So I'm back to square 1.  That was at the top of my price range.

Bummer!!

OCBassman

Ok quick update.  I got the 7 from sportsman warehouse. It was 550.00. But got their credit card and got 10% off. So it was 499.99 shipped.

caddyjoe77

excellent you will like them!! Glad you were able to get them !  ~c~

if you can possibly swing it, get an 8 at least next time -- the differences are amazing. 

also, while you are waiting I would highly recommend you watch some videos on youtube.  Fish the moment is a good one and of course tactical bassin channels are both good.  You probably are but there are some invaluable tips in using them. 
BeerMe