Elite fs vs echomap 93sv

Started by Whitewash3500, May 13, 2021, 12:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitewash3500

Looking to buy new electronics and I'm trying to decide between the elite fs9 and the echo map 93sv. I understand they are both compatible with live setups and the garmin is a little cheaper at the moment. Recommendations? I bass fish and the boat is a 2006 tracker pro175

Mike Cork

You really have a toss up here, both units are Live capable and both will cost you the same to get the live transducer. One thing I'd look at, if you're going to get the live stuff, Garmin has been offering a $200 rebate if you buy together.

Both have great technology and great images, both have great built in maps (if you buy them that way) or you can get Navionics for both.

Lowrance has had some trouble with the Live technology, but I think they finally have all the bugs worked out. I know a couple folks using Lowrance and they like them.

I was a Lowrance user for 25 years and switch to Garmin this year. It was a personal decision for me, not based on the product. I'm running Echo Map Ultra 106's and they are awesome, interface is very user friendly, and the ability to do updates via my phone is very cool.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service