Funsies

Started by Oldfart9999, May 24, 2021, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

A bit of history first, it's been almost 11/2 years since I last floated my boat, back issues, knee issues, all put off because of covid. I now have 2 out of 2 dead batteries and I'm not sure about my charger. I'm not going to the Interstate store, I'll be off to Wally World, my back issues are back, I need a new round of injections so it'll be a while, maybe a month or so. I'm 76 now and my joints aren't getting better so I'll be going with less expensive equipment but I don't know how many years I have left to care for a boat, at least this boat, I may wind up putting it up for sale and getting a smaller, maybe a Jon, boat, much easier to care for and to launch and retrieve.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

I hate that for ya. Wish you were closer, you need to find an able bodied co-angler who's willing to share in the work.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

That's what I was thinking, someone that wants to learn the game and is willing to perform the maintenance to make it happen. Not only can you teach them how it's done, but they'll learn there is a lot more to it than just casting a line! A great apprenticeship  in the making...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service