Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

New Project Stealth

(Read 2147 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
I copied this from Bass Cat..

Bass Cat Boats

We have three (3) new models releasing at the “Excellence In Action 2022” dealers meeting. Project Stealth is the internal code name for a new boat that is a fresh design on both hull and deck. This is not a spin off as it is a totally new hull in a Soft Touch series that began with the Jaguar. The Stealth project started in 2018 and progressed along with other developments. It will be released in July and production should start at that time. Plus we have more to follow it as we go forward.

We began yesterday to step through informing dealers of changes to models and tiers. We have model separation and we are making changes. As we go through early summer we intend to continue and inform dealers as products are secured. The CoVid issues, Import issues and overseas production environment has definitely slowed those firming up product changes.

Bassmaster has the first teaser for our new models release and some product’s will not be offered beyond 2022. The Puma FTD is ending life cycle on this body and we are retaining those molds in the dry for future possible use. There will be no Puma FTD SP Series promoted or sold in 2022. There also is no direct cross over replacement. The Phelix will end life cycle in 2022 as will the Margay. The Bobcat will fill that role and this is an older announcement which limited sales delayed its release.

For 2022 Premium and Advantage carpeting will be changed in color and the weights will be upgraded to a custom woven, BCB/YCB a only, 28 ounce carpeting. There are two (2) new greys, while True Mica Mist will continue to be 24 ounce off the shelf product. All of this is driven at the user experience. The cost increase is significant and the durability should improve. Yes, it will hold more water also.

On the Vision series we are not upgrading to 28 ounce carpeting and we are changing to a more affordable grade similar to carpeting offered by larger value competitors. Affordability is the key as carpeting prices increased 27% in one swoop this year.

Premium Series, Wave Crusher Seats will get a minor upgrade inside the foam structure, which also eliminated seat speakers. The largest experience is the Premium Series will have a new Sunbrella vinyl offering on the main untextured vinyls. We only suggest untextured vinyls and the feel of Sunbrella is very supple and improves durability. The cost of Sunbrella increases vinyl costs over 100%. There is a direct touch and feel difference also that translates to the user. We are not stepping backwards, though moving forward in improving components on the true upper tier product. There is a color change to some colors and Sunbrella products will be labeled.

We are separating the boat groups with these moves. The engines, electronics and trolling motors give us no separation between another brand. We have to keep bringing up our top end products further raising the bar. The leather from a Ferrari won’t fit with costs into an Impala or Malibu.  We are working at moving this bar in other areas more so in 2022.

On the Advantage and Vision Series, Model separation again exists as we shift and the present CMI vinyls and retain most of the color pallet. We will have some lesser color offering and those low use colors are being thinned. These boat series are not changing in present vinyl quality, just holding where they are.

Overall we have around 40 new items, models and product changes in some form of plan for 2022. It’s our 50th year in business and we wanted to move forward significantly. The supply chain is just starting to level off and we are striving to improve our staff position as well.

We have big plans for 2022 and they’ve only just started.

“Excellence In Action 2022” dealer meeting is July 19-21 and it’s going to be great! For those who can make it you will not want to miss this 2022 public release on July 21st.

BCB

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
BCB has a lot of awesome new stuff and innovation coming out in 2022!!  Figures that they would do this right after I bought a new boat....lol
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
Me too! I'm interested to see what the Bobcat will be since it's replacing the Margay.

Wizard

• Ultimate Basser
  • Deep water angler on highland lakes
BassCat is always trying to build products that are new and different.  While it no longer is a family owned company, it still feels like a family owned company. The next big economic downturn will likely thin the herd of boat makers some more. Well run, innovative builders will survive.

Wizard

BassmanRudy

• Ultimate Basser
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
I thought the Puma was their flagship?? I may have missed it in the article but "what" is replacing it??

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
I'm with you Rudy, it doesn't say. Only that there will be 3 new models.

BassmanRudy

• Ultimate Basser
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
I'll be lucky enough to make the Expo and Classic weigh-in Sunday and maybe BassCat will have something about it at their booth!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Elwood

• Bass Cat Strong
They will not reveal anything until the Dealers Meeting in August.   I am interested but happy with my current rig.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S