I went for a swim in the swamp, then went fishing...

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 11, 2021, 07:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Had quite the fishing adventure yesterday fishing in the Everglades. I was backing down the trailer, boat comes off trailer,  bow hook comes loose, light breeze catches the boat and drifts away. Rut roh..... Gators be damned I can't lose my boat!! Strip off the essentials, and I went for a swim. Boat ladders really do work..

Then I got to fishing....

To read my full report look there ---> Alligator Alley (6/10/21)

Bassinkorea

I hope the camera was recording during the 'swim'  lo

Love those peacocks  ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bassinkorea on June 11, 2021, 07:46:11 AM
I hope the camera was recording during the 'swim'  lo

Love those peacocks  ~c~

lo ... no the camera was actually in its box in the boat. I wasn't even set up yet.  lo

coldfront

pro tip 1, Lou:  i usually leave the bow strap clipped until in the water.  keeps the boat from wandering off.
pro tip 2, Lou:  keep a set of floaties handy?
~roflmao

dumped my boat ONE time.  that was enough.  now I'm all about 'over-kill'

coldfront

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: coldfront on June 11, 2021, 09:10:41 AM
pro tip 1, Lou:  i usually leave the bow strap clipped until in the water.  keeps the boat from wandering off.
pro tip 2, Lou:  keep a set of floaties handy?
~roflmao

dumped my boat ONE time.  that was enough.  now I'm all about 'over-kill'

Appreciate Pro-tip #1. The bow strap was on, I always launch with it on, still don't know how it unclipped. As far as pro tip #2, I didn't have enough time to blow mine's up.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

D.W. Verts

Far out.

I don't have much of in the way of a bucket list. I'm too old. But someday I want to fish with Lou in the Everglades. It's truly became a real thing for me. Especially when it comes time to feed the gators.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on June 11, 2021, 10:32:13 AM
Far out.

I don't have much of in the way of a bucket list. I'm too old. But someday I want to fish with Lou in the Everglades. It's truly became a real thing for me. Especially when it comes time to feed the gators.

Dale

:)  Dale you have an open invitation with me.  ~beer~

Mike Cork

You're not the first and won't be the last to watch their boat float away in the rearview mirrors  ~roflmao

Awesome P's, what is that hook with the senko all about?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on June 12, 2021, 08:21:18 AM
You're not the first and won't be the last to watch their boat float away in the rearview mirrors  ~roflmao

Awesome P's, what is that hook with the senko all about?

Thanks Mike. I see what you're talking about with that senko picture. That's a regular Gami Ewg hook, but the angle of the picture captured the hook directly in line with the shot, giving it that weird look.  lo lo

Mike Cork

I see it now, thought it was some weird extra long shank special peacock hook LOL

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on June 12, 2021, 08:58:47 AM
I see it now, thought it was some weird extra long shank special peacock hook LOL

lo lo .... nah,,, just a plain simple hook.  :)

Donald Garner

Lou, tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us.   I've had that happen a couple times once with the Stratos and the G3.  Congrats on the catching those Peacocks.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard