Action camera and Yolo-tek on their way!!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 15, 2021, 04:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

My YOLOtek PowerLight arrived!
Unfortunately due to TS Fred, I may not be able to provide you guys with night time pics of the light in action on the power stick. :(

Bassinkorea

I was looking at those myself recently. Looking forward to your feedback Lou.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

D.W. Verts

See, here's me. I've pondered on this ever since this last post by Lou was made- what in the world is TS Fred. Now here it is after midnight the next morning, and it dawns on me. Florida. 'Tis the season. TS means "Tropical Storm" (I don't watch the news, can you tell?) See, that's what it's truly like being me. I am right, right?

Good luck Lou- stay safe.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

D.W. Verts

And then it hits me, 'cuz it's ME. Fred. Fred? Is that the best they can do? No WONDER I didn't get it. Did we have a TS "Barney". Do we get a "Wilma" too? Sheesh.

Dale

D.W. Verts

Oh yeah- Yabba Dabba Doo. Okay, I'm finished.

Dale

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Capt. BassinLou

@ Dale,  lo lo  ~b~

I took the Powerlight out last night just to see how much it illuminates, and its pretty bright. A feature that I was not aware of was this light can be used as stand alone spot light, meaning it can be operated without it being connected to the Powerstick.  I spoke with Christian from Yolo-tec yesterday, and asked how long the light could be operated once fully charged. His response to me was 1.5 hrs on the full brightness setting, and 2.5 hrs on the low brightness setting.

I'm looking forward to trying out this light for night fishing applications in the Glades. I can attach a red light filter, and illuminate the area with red light vs  white.  This way I can preserve my night vision a bit, and have sufficient light to pick out casting targets that were otherwise in the dark. Very helpful with avoiding alligators.  :-* :-* And!! I can still use my action camera!! This just got really interesting. Hmmmm.....  :-* :-*

D.W. Verts

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on August 14, 2021, 07:14:55 AM
All those red eyes...

Dale

Yep, at night the bank is littered with red eyes all staring at you. It's a little scary knowing that once lights go out, there are that many eyes on you.  ~gator ~gator ~gator