Clear Lake June 14th

Started by Pat Dilling, June 19, 2021, 01:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Dilling

My wife Kate and I went to Clear Lake for the day and had a good one.  We fished rocky areas with finesse lures, Ned Rig, Drop Shot and jig.  Fish for us were in 5-15 feet.  We ended up with over 20 good fish.  Kate landed a 3.88 largemouth, her new personal best.  I thought she was going to outfish me for size again, until I caught a 4.71.  Looking forward to going back again next week while we still can.  Lake level is very low and fewer and fewer launch ramps are usable.  Water temperature is 68-74 depending on where and what time, water is clear with some algae bloom, flats out to 10 feet are weedy with stringy annoying weeds that are difficult to fish in.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Smallie_Stalker

Great report.   ~fff ~cf

Seems like the two of you had a productive outing and congrats to Kate on her new PB largemouth.  ~c~

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Strange to see water temps that low this time of year. Clear Lake is tough when it's getting low, all those bass like being in the shoreline cover  :surrender: Thanks for the report

You are entered into the Dobyns Champion Series rod giveaway, post more reports for more entries
click here for giveaway rules

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service