July 2021 Home Front Activities

Started by Donald Garner, June 30, 2021, 07:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHC286

We went back to the estate stable and got a small library for ten bucks.

Picked up a new grill. One of the more basic Weber grills I think.

Got steaks. Grilled streaks c. They were great.

Found a wine, it was good.

Followed by bourbon.

I'm drunks.

Bud Kennedy

Same ol' thing different day.  Hot and humid again.  Temps most of today in the mid 90s with high humidity of around 80+%.  No rain again today just a bright scorching sun but at least a little bit of a breeze from the SSW.  Will be improving on Sunday with a 40% chance of rain but scattered and Monday brings 80% chance of thunderstorms a solid breeze from the SW around 15-20 Maybe this will help to cool us down but not sure.  It all depends upon the sea breeze.  Once it sets up the rain tends to stay just inland from our home. We sure could use a bit of a break.

The grass (also known as weeds) just keeps growing and growing.  The Mrs mowed our yard yesterday and I mowed the neighbors yard today.  It seems like we are mowing every 3 or 4 days just to stay ahead of it.

The summer cold I have been fighting is just now beginning to improve although breathing is still stuff due to blocked having blocked sinus cavities.  Sleeping still tough and only getting 2 to 4 hours a night sitting up.  I try to go to bed but just can't pull it off just yet without causing problems for the Mrs.  Only 9 more days until the surgery for my deviated septum. Sure hope this makes things a whole lot better.   

Been too hot to work on the boat let alone go to the river.  Will probably remain on dry land for at least 2-3 more weeks.  I plan on giving it hell in the fall to make up for lost time.

Donald Garner

Good Sunday morning to everyone,

We're starting the day off with hazy skies across Central Texas.  Our forecasted temps are 74-95dgrs with 97% humidity.  Our winds are out of the S @ 5mphs.  There's a small chance of rain today but that increases as the week goes on.

Dwayne flew home to Anchorage Alaska yesterday afternoon.  He's got some follow up appointments with his doctor up there on Tuesday.  The clinic in Irving, TX sent his evaluation up to his doctor.  They will review it and conduct a brain scan.  Everything I read in his evaluation was positive.  We're looking at the future of him getting back to being with his family, getting back to work and driving.  Thank you all again for all the prayers for him.  My family truly appreciated them.  Thank You.

We're off to church here shortly.  A trip to Sam's Club is on the list for this afternoon activities. Lunch / Supper will be on there somewhere also.

Bud; We still have you and your wife in our daily prayers.  The weather here is pretty hot in the afternoon and the lakes are still up.  I did notice a couple boats out on Belton lake Saturday while driving across the dam.  They Corps of Engineers has been discharging water all week.  With that I guess a couple of ramps have been open.  I need to get the Stratos out and run that gas out of the tank and put some fresh stuff in there.  Its been 9 months since the Stratos has been out on the water.  Where has the time gone? 

Rodney;  My good man hope things are well at your place.  Has the truck been repaired yet?

SHC; Glad to hear you were able to get out and wet a line.  Going to Estate Sales can be fun.  We have them around here on  occasion.

Dog;  Hope things are going well for you out West there. 

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant day today.

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Hooray ! ! Temps cooled off today with a little bit of rain.  Temps dropped into the upper 70s about 2pm and has stayed in the 70s since.  Currently is is 73 as we approach 9PM.  Humidity is still high but we did have a nice breeze for a while this afternoon.  So, that is a good thing to have a break from the heat.  More rain tomorrow but likely just scattered thunder showers much like today.

Totally boring day just sitting around doing nothing and eating a lot of junk food.  Even sit in the garage for a bit and watched the world go by while it rained a bit.  I did sleep a bit last night and I hope to repeat that same deal tonight.  I did take a walk for a while today just to get some execise.  This illness I have has really turned me into a couch potato so to speak.  Just tired of being tired I guess.  I will get out an about tomorrow.  Wife has Physical Therapy and I need to pick up a couple prescriptions at Walmart.  If it is raining tomorrow then I will likely drive the wife to therapy and pick up my stuff at walmart while she is getting her treatments.  With a little luck that should create an opportunity for a nice lunch somewhere instead of making something at home. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has an even better week ahead. 

SHC286

I went fishing this morning hungover.
Felt a bump, set my hook and the fight was on!
I slipped and fell in the mud, rolled around cussing, got myself tangled up in a bush trying to get to my feet. I mean me, not my fishing line. Ended up with my head on the ground and one leg sticking straight up for about half the fight.

It was a little white bass, about a pound.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 63 or 70 depending on which weatherproof, headed to 80, sunny or cloudy, depending. Hitting the water today, hope I can remember how to make a cast.
SHC, quite the drama to get that fish, hope you can get a few more with less drama.
Bud, sounds like you're doing a bit better, hope today is better for you, not much longer. Donald, been a trying time for you guys and I know the worry, while it's calmed is still there. Y'all are still in our prayers. Run the Stratos, you both need it!!
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Oldfart9999

Weatherperson, darn thing refused to do it my way,  had to beat into submission.
Rodney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Howdy from Central Texas  8)

We had scattered rain all across Central Texas today.  The sun is out now but there's still rain in the forecast for later on tonight and into tomorrow.  Our forecasted temps for today were 72-89dgrs with 77% humidity with the winds out of the NE @ 5mph.

It was a busy day at school today.  I had a walk through school with the Principal and one of the Assistant Principals.  The walk didn't last long she pointed out some things > Furniture rearrangement in the ( 4 ) Commons Area and the Cafeteria.  We got the Commons Areas squared away.  I'm using the cafeteria for my equipment and materials inventory right now.  We get finished up with that tomorrow and I'll have her notes on the cafeteria rearrangement done then.

My left knee has really been a PIA these past couple weeks.  My right ankle is also bothering me now.  I been taking Motrin and applying arthritis pain cream twice a day.  Hopefully here in the next few days the pain will go away. 

Rodney; Hope you have a really pleasant day out on the water.  Thank you for your prayers and comments.  It has been a trying time for us these past 5 months.  Just as soon as I can bend my left knee I'm going to hit the water.  Right now I can't bend my knee enough to climb in the boat.

Bud; Glad to hear you were able to get some sleep last night.  We have you in our daily prayers buddy. 

SHC; I tell ya...you have an adventure everyday buddy.  Congrats on catching a fish. 

To everyone have a pleasant day tomorrow.   Be safe in your travels if you're out and about.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 70, headed to 67 then to 83, sunny, maybe, muggy, possible showers, blah. I posted from my tablet yesterday, stupid thing refused to accept weatherperson, kept changing it to weatherproof, I had to beat it into submission. Caught several bass, a couple of rock bass and saw my friend catch a couple of bass, perch and a pike. It felt soooo good feeling a tug on the end of my string, I don't care if they were small, 3 legal though. I was using a Yum Dinger, made one cast by a stickup and loaded up on a real slob, wrapped the stickup and that was the end of that, fish gone, hook barb buried in the wood, intentional break off, such is fishing.
SHC, any new adventures? Bud hope you're feeling better!!!
Donald, it must feel good to be nearing the end of the major cleaning, hope all goes well for the remainder. You may want to see an orthopedist for the knee, nip the problem in the bud before you have to have a replacement, they're no fun. Hope you get to hit the water real soon.
Rodney 

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

We had sunny skies across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 70-86dgrs with 70% humidity.  The winds were are out of the NE @11mphs.  There's rain in the forecast for tonight and into tomorrow.

Finished up dividing up the equipment, materials to the team today.  Tomorrow we're going to Re-set up the cafeteria.   The principal wants it setup like it was the first day of school.  So we'll spent tomorrow morning rearranging furniture again.  Thursday we'll complete Summer Cleaning with working on the exterior of the bldg.  Power washing the lower windows and doors and cleaning the Football and Baseball Concession Bldg Restrooms.  I'm still waiting on the contractors to finish working in the areas of Dance Studio, Both Gyms and the stage in the Performing Arts Center.  Once their completed we'll get in there and have things cleaned up in ( 1 ) day.

I made an appointment to take the Silverado in for repairs.  The darn Tire Pressure Monitor System light is flashing and it's starting to get on my nerves.   I'm sure this will be another $400 (+) dollar expense to have this system checked out and repaired.  It's always something.

Rodney;   So glad to hear that you were able to hit the water and feel that line tug  ~c~  Congrats on the catching.  Yes sir it feels great getting the Summer Cleaning done.  The Team did a great job of following instructions and carrying out the plan I put together. 

I called to make a doctors appointment about my knee. Beings my doctor has moved on I have to re-enroll back into the VA Clinic Program.   The soonest I can be seen is mid Sept.  Once I make this initial appointment I'll be assigned to a Team and Doctor.  My knee is being a PITA but it's not something I need to go to the emergency room for.  There are a lot of other individuals that need that service more than me.   

Just as soon as I can get that knee bending I'll be climbing back into the boat. 

Bud; Hope you're feeling better today.  We have you and the wife in our daily prayers buddy.

SHC;  So what Wild and Crazy adventure did you find yourself into today?  Hope things are going well for you and the family.

Guys Ya'll have a pleasant day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about. 

SHC286

So my wild and crazy adventure for today was!

Nothing!

It's back to work tomorrow so I took it easy. We went to Waffle House for breakfast, then me and the oldest went and did laundry. When we got back home we just did some chilling. I had a beer and watched him play a video game.

After I got bored watching the video game I went out to the barn and fired up the forge. I'm pretty proud of the project I'm almost finished with, it's a Viking style seax knife (pronounced sax).

SHC286

There is an upside to my staycation coming to an end: audio books. I've been listening to them like crazy in my work truck. Most of my area is so remote the radio is mostly static and I can't stream music because of poor cell signal. I've been listening to an audiobook series that I've really gotten into. I REFUSE to listen when I'm not working because it's just about my only option to break the monotony of staring at my windshield going from place to place. So at least there's that. Plus, I do actually enjoy my job so that just makes everything easier even when I end up working outrageous hours.

Bud Kennedy

Just another quiet and boring day.  I have felt a bit better today after managing to get 5 hours of sleep last night.  Hope my luck continues tonight.  This morning Me and the Mrs, mowed our yard and the neighbors yard ahead of a very hot and humid spell for this weekend.  Heat index numbers beginning tomorrow will be right about 100 with high humidity.  I wanted to get this done also because of my upcoming surgery next Tuesday.  I won't be able to mow next week or maybe even longer depending upon doctors post operative instructions.  I have some pre op testing on Monday to also include a Covid test as surgery protocol requires a very recent test. 

I don't know why doctors don't want to prescribe medicines to help you when you have a bad sinus cold or what ever it is.  Got tired of struggling to breathe the last three weeks and went out and got some super Mucinex that I started taking yesterday.  I know the doctor won't like it but I just had to get some relief so I could at least sleep a little bit.

It has been too hot to go fishing but that does not mean I am anxious to get back out there or at least bring the boat home for some sprucing up.  I want to paint the outboard from below the cowling down to the lower unit.  It is looking shabby and I know this will help.  Unfortunately I don't want to do it in this heat especially with the daily pop up rain showers.

Donald, your Strat will must be feeling very lonely these days. You certainly need to get her out if it is just for a run so she can stretch her legs a bit.

Rodney, glad you got a little time on the water, I bet it felt good and I hope you did not experience pain as a result.  Us old guys have to find a way to keep on kickin'.

Beginning tomorrow we are forecasted to get some of the smoke into our area that is coming from the out west wild fires. I can only imagine what the California and other western are folks are experiencing with the smoke and other disruptions.  Seems like you guys can't catch a break.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Beautiful sunny day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 70-92dgrs with 61% humidity.  The winds are out of the NE @ 10mphs.  There's no rain in the forecast for the next couple days.

Spent the morning resetting up the cafeteria.  I sure hope this is the last time.  I'm really not liking anything about this cafeteria at all.  It's big and 60% of the tables are individual heavy metal tables with individual chairs.  Every time we've done this its taken 3-4 hours.  After we completed the task I told the team to spend the rest of the day working in their individual areas.  Tomorrow we're setting the hallways back up with the trash cans and disinfectant hand washing stands; Power washing the exterior windows and doors and cleaning both concession bldg restrooms.

Bud; Glad to hear you finally got at least some sleep last night.  My wife and I do the same thing when we mow etc.  it's all done early in the morning starting at 7am.  I noticed several boats out on Belton Lake as I drove home today.  They're still discharging water from the lake so I guess they're opening more of the ramps.  For sure I need to get the Stratos wet. I just need to let my knee get to feeling better.  Right now I can't bend it enough to climb up into the boat.

Rodney; Were you able to get out and wet a line today?

Dog; Hope things are getting better for ya'll out that way. 

SHC;  Sounds like you had a quiet day today. 

To everyone I hope ya'll have a Blessed Day tomorrow.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 56/59, headed to mid 70s depending, sunny, dry. I started my clinical research project yesterday, answered 873 questions, had a gallon of blood drawn, poked and prodded by a Doctor finally was vaccinated then wait for 30 minutes to go home. I do have homework, have to keep a daily record of any systems that could be a part of or side affect of the med. It's for a viral infection that has been found in just the past few years, RSV, I don't remember the full name, it mimics a cold or even the flu, like the flu, cold it can develop into pneumonia, there is no vaccine for it. It also can infect babies under the age of one and can be fatal. Being of the age I figured I should help out.
SHC, sorry the vacation must end but since you love your job it's not so bad, and you shouldn't have any deadly type adventures. It does mean the site will be a bit more boring. lo lo
Bud, good to hear you're feeling better, we'll be praying for your surgery to work!!! Yes it did feel good to back to fishing, now I just have to get organized, hope to be back out tomorrow and maybe Saturday.
Donald, I'm really sorry to hear about your knee issues, make sure you get an MRI and get to see an Orthopedic Doctor who understands knee issues, it's a big deal. There are a number of things that can be done, no need to live with a joint that wont work right. The knee is the second most complicated joint in the body and should be dealt with by someone who's training is for joints. Hope you and the Stratos can make a trip soon!!!
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

Hot and hazy day today temps in the the mid 90s winds wnw 5mph  hunidity 80%  Yet hot and sticky with poor air quality due to the smoke from out west.  More of the same through the upcoming weekend.  Just staying inside is about the only thing us old geezers can do. 

My over the counter meds are working well and I actually got a good nights sleep last night except for 1 get up to pee.  I am still drinking tons of water that even adds to the need for a bit more frequent bathroom visits.  I did get out for a little bit to pick up a couple grocery items and to stop by the farmers market for some tomatoes and cukes.  Hopefully I will get more sleep tonight and help with making my sinus cold better. 

Medical appointments for Monday and Tuesday all confirmed and ready.  Will have to transfer some money from savings to checking so I can pay these folks on Monday and Tuesday.  The seem to want all their money up front.  Not a problem I guess that is how it is these days.  Not all that much of an outlay as insurance pays most. The only unknown charge will be for the anesthesiologist.  Surgery will be on an outpatient basis and should take under 30 minutes to complete.  Not sure about the recovery time but it looks like about a week total with the first couple days being the most important.  I guess I will be finding out very soon.  Will likely know more on Monday after my pre op visit to the doc.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

We had lots of sun shining down on us across Central Texas today  ~sun  Our forecasted temps were 75-95dgrs with 53% humidity.  The winds were out of the SE @ 12mph.  We have some rain in the forecast later tonight early in the morning.

The team continues to fine tune the Summer Cleaning we finished up putting out the Hallway trash cans; Clean all the restrooms at both football and baseball concession bldgs and did the Auto Tech Classroom and restrooms located in that bldg.  We started power washing the exterior windows today.  The team I had doing that got half way around the bldg.  Monday morning I grab some individuals and we get done with the other half of the bldg. 

The place is going to be crawling with folks next week.  Everybody and their brothers want to hold their meetings at our school.  The football coach text'd me prior to coming home they are sponsoring a football camp on Monday.  Looks to be about 300 kids showing up for that event.  There going to be a couple taskings I'll have to take care of early Monday morning to support this.  School starts on the 18th of Aug also.  Its a good thing we got done early with the inside of the school.

Rodney; Wow that's a lot of questions to answer  ~shade  Good luck with dealing with this research project.  Yes sir just as soon I make that next medical appointment in Sept I'll be asking for an updated MRI be done on my left knee.  My wife has been giving me a rub down at night and first thing in the morning.  This has seem to help in dealing with the pain.  Right now I got about 90% movement with the knee so I'm happy with that part.  I still can't bend over like I'm suppose too. But we're slowly getting there.

Bud; Hope you're feeling a lot better today than yesterday.  We still have ya'll in my daily prayers.

SHC;  Hope things are going well for you and your family there buddy.

To everyone be safe in your travels; I hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone.

Donald Garner

Good morning from a Partly Sunny Central Texas  ~sun

Our forecast for today is 74 / 96dgrs with 64% humidity.  The winds are out of the S @ 15mphs.  There's no rain in the forecast for the next 4 days. 

Dropped off the Silverado this morning to have the Tire Pressure Sensors replaced in all 4 wheels.  They called me back up an hour later letting me know the front axle bearings need to be replaced.  Wow I didn't see that coming.  More $$$ to spend   >:( 

The wife and I went to Cracker Barrell for Breakfast this morning.  There isn't anything else planned for today except pickup the truck when they call.  The left knee is feeling pretty good this morning.  It feels a little tight but I'm getting more motion out of it than I did yesterday. 

To everyone have a really pleasant day today.  Be safe in your travels.

Bud Kennedy

Not a bad day today.  Temp is down just a bit due to the smoke in the air creating a haze.  was almost like a cloudy day today temps in the upper 80s for a high but it did not feel like it since the humidity is down today and not so much hot sun beating down.  Similar is expected tomorrow with the smoke mostly going away as the jet stream changes and then a return to hot and humid weather.
Only task today was to get groceries for the week.  I am feeling much better but still taking it very easy until the surgery is over next week.  Don't want any additional problems.  Still able to sleep in the bed and that is a good thing.  Cut way back on the meds today but will take some before bedtime. 

Donald, hope your truck turned out ok and did not cost you too much extra.  Seems like there is always something extra when having a vehicle serviced.  Have not had a breakfast at cracker barrel in years.  Here at the beach we have lots of other breakfast locations although I still like Bob Evans best but I usually like going for breakfast around 10 am or so.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and get lots of rest.

SHC286

Rodney, thanks for stepping up for those clinical trials. I've had a close family member lose a baby to RSV and it's devastating.

No misadventures today guys. Had a smooth day at work, mostly. I completely remodeled a chemical feed system, took me about 30 minutes. Met the septic truck at one of my wastewater sites to get the solids sucked out. That's gotta be done every now and then.

I got home, mowed and weed whacked half the yard. Called it quits because of the heat, I'll do the rest in the morning.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 57 headed to 82, possible boomers sunny otherwise. I've been having problems with the boat; 1st time out I hit a 3 foot wake and went airborne, I now have a big time leak, thought the plug was the problem, replaced it and went out yesterday; electronics wouldn't work right chart only on the bow unit, sonar only on the console unit, got home did a soft reset and now everything is fine. I got up and had b'fast this morning, then went to checkout the leak, the live well pump is broken, the hose fitting is snapped off, need a new pump, I have to pull the batteries to do the job, not fun. I hope to find the same make so I can just swap motors, save me from having to rewire flat on my back in very tight quarters. BOAT=Break Out Another Thousand.
Bud, good to hear you're feeling better, hope the surgery goes well for you!!!
SHC, sounds like a perfectly boring day, they are nice sometimes.  I hope this vaccine works out, it's a nasty disease and I fall well within the upper age limit of 65 and older.
Donald, Good to hear the crew is doing so well, to bad your hosting 300 rambunctious teenagers, they'll make a mess out of the restrooms. lo Good to hear the knee is doing better, it'll be good to get new pictures, you'll be able to nip any problem in the bud. Go fishing!!!
Have a great day and weekend!!!
Rodney 

topdsm0138

Good afternoon for me and Good morning to all of y'all back home. Well, deployment isn't soo bad now, made a new friend, a wild Cannan. She even took me to her pups. So I grabbed the spare land cruiser, went into town and got them some food. Missy (I named the mom) has been following us and "keeping watch" of our project site for the past few days now. If I knew of a way to ship her or atleast one of her pups back with me, I would without thinking twice. It's nice to have a real friend/family again while away.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Bud Kennedy

Well here it is Saturday again.  Very sad when this day that used to be so special is now just another day.  One of the problems with being retired I guess.  All days seem to be the same.  Weekends are something now we try to avoid because everyone else is out and about crowding the restaurants, boat ramps, waterways and other recreational venues.  Also a very busy day at the market as folks try to catch up from their work week.  Won't be long the big box stores will be packed with people buying school supplies.

High temp today about 90 a little bit of clouds but not much and the humidity went up a bit but not bad at all .  In fact currently it is listed at 50%.  The week ahead is promising very high humidity, scattered thurnderstorms and high temps.  UGH.  Living here in the south you always look forward to the other three seasons and dread the summer for the most part.

I am beginning to get a little antsy about my up coming surgery on Tuesday.  I have researched it and have been amazed about what to expect and just how many conflicting things are posted.  Some say piece of cake and others talk ugly stuff.  I will get the straight scoop from the doctor on Monday during my pre op visit.  I can't imagine this being a walk in the park especially the recovery period. (what ever it may be)  All I know it is likely I will be sleeping in the recliner again for a few days or a week.  Not good tater but I will get by.  I do know I have to take it easy for a while afterward and don't expect to be released for fishing for 3-4 weeks.  I will know more about that also on Monday. Until then I will just have to worry about it.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

It was a smoker today.  Our forecasted temps were 70/102dgrs with 40% humidity.  The winds are out of the SE @ 12mphs.  There's a little chance of rain moving through the area these next few days but nothing above 24% chance.

The wife and I spent the morning down in Georgetown, TX.  Its a small city between Belton and Austin.  We checked out the historical town square.  Stopped in a couple shops and had lunch at one of the restaurants there in the town square.  We took our time driving home as we drove through one of Dell Webs Communities.  Down here its call Sun Cities and it is a site to see.  Everything is well maintained, Its a Golf Cart driving around city.  They have different neighborhoods or cottages like areas.  The houses are nice some were duplexes.  They have it well laid out with activities center, tennis courts, golf courses, and small shopping center with gas station.  Just driving around looking the only thing we didn't like was the houses are too close together for my taste.  It reminded me of living on a military installation.  But then this being a Retirement Community I guess it doesn't matter.  Close quarters is good sometimes.

Made a stop at Stillhouse Lake Cedar Gap park.  The water is down and the parking lot and ramp is open.  The hydrilla has taken a hold and it looks great coming out of the coves and running down the old river channel bank line.  There were a few trailers parked in the parking lot.

Got the Silverado worked on yesterday.  I took it in to Good Year to get the Tire Pressure Maintenance Sensors replaced.  The tech called me up telling me the both front hubs bearings were needing replaced.  The cost of repairs went from $400.00 dollars to $1400.00 dollars.  They did a front end alinement and tire rotation beings they had the wheels off.  It drives better for sure and that darn flashing tire maintenance ICON isn't flashing on the dash anymore. 

Bud;  I remember when I was retired the first time everyday seemed like a Saturday at first.  Then it changed to me not really caring what day it was cause I didn't have a job.  I did what I wanted to during the week and stayed off the water during the weekends.  Yep same thing here school is starting up on the 18th of Aug.  Back to school sales will be starting up. 
We got lots of people starting to school up at school now > Monday for meetings.  Football camp & practices starts on Monday as do other sport venues.  We still have contractors doing some repairs to the areas damaged during last Winters cold weather ordeal.

We still have ya'll in our daily prayers for the upcoming surgery.  Best Wishes my good man.

Top; Tks for checking in and letting us know you're vertical and breathing.  Every place I was deployed one of the rules we had was No Messing around with the local pets.  Hopefully ya'll wont' have any issues with diseases or someone getting bit. 

Rodney; Well buddy that sux that the pump went out.  Good luck getting it replaced.  Yep the knee is feeling a lot better today.  New pictures for sure are a priority on that left knee.  Yep back to the ole grind here starting next week.  Grown people acting like pigs and wanting you to wait on them hand and foot.  Gott to love working for a school district especially a High School.

SHC; Wow no misadventures to share with us for the past couple days :-\  Boring reading you posts ~shade  You need a boring day or two once in a while.  Hope you and the family are doing well my friend.

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant Sunday tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about. 

topdsm0138

Yup. We still have that "rule", but this is an outpost here with about only 20 some people. Plus she shows no signs of aggression to worry about it. I actually have a wild coyote back home I take care of as well.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont