Little pond pig

Started by Blacknredflake, July 01, 2021, 07:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacknredflake

After a long day of sweatin at work. I decided to head to my buddies pond for a little peace and downtime.

First rod I grabbed was a Fury 734C with a Lews Xfinity 7:5:1 that had a bitsy flippin jig tied on. After I few flips I just wasnt feeling a jig so I retied a EZ Lures Gizzard Shad wrapped lipless crankbait (only $8).

First cast I had something slap at it. Thinking to myself ok maybe they are wanting shad.

5-6 casts later this chinky butt latched on. At first I was thinking it was a gar by the way it was fighting.  Didnt hit the bait hard and certainly wasnt pulling for dear life.   The Lews struggled even with the drag set all the way.

I didnt realize the size of her until I got her to  the bank.  I was shocked as its been 2 years since I caught 1 over 4lbs in this pond. In a rush to find my scale in my tackle bag that was near me as I didnt wanna keep her out the water too long. I couldnt find my scale.

Got a couple pics and let back in the pond.  2 hours later I find my scale thats buried among all my soft plastics in my tackle bag.

This bass is highly likely to be my PB but without knowing the weight. I cant say that it is.  Ill catch her again 1 day. But it surely did feel good to pull a good one like that again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Mike Cork

Awesome bass, congratulations :toot:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Look at the belly on that girl. Congrats!

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Oh wow!! WTG!! Thank you for sharing.  ~beer~