FD

Day 2 with Capt. LOU is up.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

D.W. Verts

So I have sixty-six "new" videos posted on YouTube since I started doing this again.

I have another five in my editor awaiting, uh, editing.

And I shot the footage for three more bass fishin' videos today. Not just fishing, but some lesson stuff too.

Is there something wrong with this?

How about all of these individual sentences? Is there something wrong with THAT?

More-

I just looked at what ONE of my action cameras has in it from today (its memory is full, 32gb and four batteries). It has ninety-three clips in it. I also have the other camera that ran thru 2-1/2 batteries, so figure another forty-plus clips to choose from, edit and delete (What to leave in, what to leave out, Seger).

Is there anything wrong with THAT?

I'm asking for a friend.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Pferox

Dale, at one time I had over 100 individual games waiting to be processed, I also had a pile of stuff from the shop. I started processing and cleaning up as much as I could.  It also helped that I got sick again and couldn't do much except play that stupid tank game and process them.

I got caught up enough that I had over 130 videos ready to upload.  So I got on and uploaded em all, 15 at a time.  It used to be 40 at a time but they changed that. When I upload my stuff, I always do it as private, that way I can see what is there and schedule it instead of having a surprise by uploading the wrong clip or something.

After I got them all uploaded I scheduled them for one or two a day to publish.  Between playing and processing all day, since I couldn't do anything else, I ended up with almost a years worth of scheduled videos.  AND I thought there was something wrong with that.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Pferox on October 21, 2021, 12:24:13 AM
Dale, at one time I had over 100 individual games waiting to be processed, I also had a pile of stuff from the shop. I started processing and cleaning up as much as I could.  It also helped that I got sick again and couldn't do much except play that stupid tank game and process them.

I got caught up enough that I had over 130 videos ready to upload.  So I got on and uploaded em all, 15 at a time.  It used to be 40 at a time but they changed that. When I upload my stuff, I always do it as private, that way I can see what is there and schedule it instead of having a surprise by uploading the wrong clip or something.

After I got them all uploaded I scheduled them for one or two a day to publish.  Between playing and processing all day, since I couldn't do anything else, I ended up with almost a years worth of scheduled videos.  AND I thought there was something wrong with that.

No, I think that's cool. And way too organized. And I guess I didn't realize that you can schedule your releases. Make sense.

Here's the way I film (while fishing) Tell me if I'm wrong.

I shut the camera off every three minutes or so (and yes, sometimes I screw that up) If that particular clip is going to be toast, at the end I say "nothing here"- that way I can check the very end of each clip- if I say that, then the clip gets dumped. And yes, I screw up there too.

I shut the camera down after every fish catch, no matter then size. When I check to edit, and I don't hear "nothing", then I automatically file that clip.

If I do these things properly, I can quickly go thru and eliminate the "bad" video (I'm not sure that I have an GOOD video). Make sense? This was way easier with my Garmin Virb because it had a great remote. These cheapos, not so much.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

Capt. BassinLou

Pferox

I don't run my cameras long either, usually.  This keeps them from overheating.
There is no right or wrong, there is this saw mill guy I follow called frikinjeep, he is older than Us I think.  He just uploads what he takes on his camera, doesn't know how to splice or use any editing software.  Funny thing is that he is getting quite a following.  His camera times out every 30 minutes, so he films up to 30 minutes.  One time he videoed about 15 min and then packed up the camera without shutting it off, he uploaded the whole 30 minutes half of it black and silent.

Right now I have a few "A" roll on some of the new tools I bought for the shop that I want to do an initial opinion on, I need to get feeling well enough to get out there and do some "B" and "C" roll stuff so I can flood the video waves with my boring stuff again.

All Y'all are doing right, don't change up now, just keep it up, you are going to upload that one video that will set your channel afire and will get tons followers and maybe a button even.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

D.W. Verts

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on October 22, 2021, 09:38:23 AM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on October 21, 2021, 07:48:10 AM
Dale, does your camera have a looping feature?

Okay, here goes-

"Huh???"

Dale
Lol!!

Look at your camera settings and see if you find something that looks like this:

Your camera will record in loops of 5 min, 20 min, etc. This makes finding the action clips you want to showcase on your videos much easier to find when your editing.

How it works is, you leave your camera running all the time. When something happens that you want to capture, you press the start/stop button to capture the clip, and press the start/stop button on the camera again to resume recording.

This method saves you from using up your memory on your card, and it makes it easier to find what it is you want to share to the world, versus watching 4-8hrs of continuous video.

D.W. Verts

Well Lou, that's how I do it. Like I said, I'll have a hundred-plus clips at the end of the day. I kill the filming myself every 3-4 minutes or after a catch (or whatever). I've left cameras running all the time before, replacing the battery every hour or so, and it's a mess. The end of the day editing, the battery replacing, and whether the durn thing is actually recording. Especially with the junk remotes that this Akaso has- I really liked my Garmin remote.

Anyway, that's how I do it. I never saw anything about "looping". I'm a little "loopy" myself, but let's not get personal.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

D.W. Verts

7000? I think? It's the cheaper one. I'm not fixed on them either. They do okay, but I also realize that they are kinda junk too. One of them never worked out-of-the-box, although I've messed with it some and it works MOST of the time now. And again, the remotes SUCK, and I need a good remote. Anyway, I'm watching you and looking at other stuff. These are okay for now, and I hate to jack with it. Much.

But I don't do the tech well. Ya'll will give up on me soon enough on that. I'm a bass fisherman. SOMETIMES I do THAT well, and that's all that matters.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

@Dale, looked into your camera. If it's the Akaso 7000, found your manual on-line and it indeed has a looping feature.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on October 22, 2021, 12:52:26 PM

But I don't do the tech well. Ya'll will give up on me soon enough on that. I'm a bass fisherman. SOMETIMES I do THAT well, and that's all that matters.

Dale

I'm tech challenged as well, but I'm persistent as all hell until I get it.  ;) ~beer~

D.W. Verts

Persistent. Hard headed. And Crusty. Thanks Lou.

Wait a minute. An OWNERS MANUAL?

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on October 22, 2021, 11:11:13 PM
Persistent. Hard headed. And Crusty. Thanks Lou.

Wait a minute. An OWNERS MANUAL?

Dale

Lol!! That sounds about right.

And yes,,,,, your camera does have an owners manual, but like with a lot things these days, the owners manual is on line.  ~b~

D.W. Verts

I almost bought a GoPro 9 last night- extra batteries, charger, remote, everything. I finally regained my sanity and never clicked "purchase". Man.

Dale

FD

If you look at gopro again, get the 8.  9 has problems and 10 hasn't been out long enough to know.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

D.W. Verts

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on October 25, 2021, 07:21:07 PM
Yeah Lee that was one of my issues. Thanks.

Dale
The 7 black still gets good reviews.  And they all loop. ;)

D.W. Verts

Capt. BassinLou

Shooting video from the big boat tomorrow. Let's see what I get myself into.  ;D

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on October 26, 2021, 05:43:17 PM
Shooting video from the big boat tomorrow. Let's see what I get myself into.  ;D

Good luck, sir.

Dale