Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

One last request to help a UB Staff Member

(Read 457 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
Below is a copy of the post from Friday, I will be sending money tomorrow. If you can help that would be awesome, if it's a bad time no problem, either way please keep Smallie_Stalker and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you to all that have given in support of Smallie_Stalker. 

As I stated in the below post - $10 or $20 can be a big help. He's without a vehicle, $20 can cover an Uber or Taxi ride to the facilities and legal offices he will need to visit, versus having to use the public transportation system.

As many of you know, Smallie_Stalker, Jim, lost his wife in a very quick illness.

Without going into great detail, Jim could use some help. This has put a serious financial burden on him (as it would anyone). Jim does not have a lot of family close by to help out. What I'm getting at is Jim will have to use public transportation to get to and from in dealing with all the final preparations of his wife's passing. 

I'm not asking anyone to give anything they can't absolutely afford but if we pass the virtual hat, I think we can help Jim with some extra funds to purchase Ubers and Taxis versus waiting at a bus stop. If we can get him a few dollars for food, travel, or necessities around the house we can make a big difference for him right now.

If you are in a position to give $10-$20 or more please send a PayPal or Venmo to mike@ultimatebass.com and I will get it forwarded to Jim. If you would rather send it directly to Jim, send me a message and I'll get you his information.

I know as a community we can make a big difference for Smallie_Stalker, Thank You.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

rb-nc

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
Mike where he lives do they have a community transportation system. Not talking bus line or anything like that. Here in my county we have ICATS. For a monthly fee,not much, they will come to your house in a nice van more like a small bus and take you anywhere in the county you want to go. If that's the case there you might want to be him a pass card

Marine Coat One

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
Thats a great idea, let me look into it.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
Great idea rb.

We do have a similar program here called the Ride. It is only for disabled and senior, which I qualify on both counts. I don't know their criteria for acceptance but Eileen applied 3 times and was turned down each time. And she had far more serious health issues than I do.

I have some calls in to some other senior service providers including council on aging.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Golly Jim. Hang in there bud.

Dale
If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans...