Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Aren't boats fun

(Read 618 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Aren't boats fun, I realize it didn't hit the water for almost 2 years but this is nuts. Went fishing Monday and had a big time leak, thought might be the plug, it was hard as a rock and wouldn't compress when the lever was flipped, bought a new on and went Friday, wasn't the plug, on top of that Friday the electronics were playing games, bow unit had chart but not sonar and chart didn't have depths, console unit had sonar but not chart, neither one would load waypoints from my micro card. After I gat home and had lunch I did a soft reset and the electronics is good to go. Went out this morning and checked for the leak, the live well pump had the inlet fitting broken off. I'm waiting for West Marine to open to see if they might have one, if not then most likely I'll have to go to BPS. I have to pull the batteries to be able to get to it, and hope I can get the same make and just swap out motors, I don't want to lay on my side and try to rewire with no room to do it.
Aren't boats fun? lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

topdsm0138

• Charter Member
B.O.A.T.: Bankruptcy On A Trailer.
(But totally worth it.)
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Simon Belmont

Marine Coat One

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
B.O.A.T. Break out another thousand $. But you just GOTTA.

Really glad to see you back at it, sir.

Dale
If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans...

Nutoy

• Largemouth
  • It aint over until the last cast
Since you're already bilge diving, now would be a good time to replace and reseal all the fittings and maybe even the pumps.

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
I got it done. I found an Attwood at  sportsman's Wharehouse, the electric leads were long enough on the old Rule and the boat leads were also that I could pull the old one out through the access port, trim them, connect the Attwood up and feed it back down  through. Of course all the pushing the new unit out through the hole in the transom was done blind and with just one hand, I couldn't get both arms through the access port and I couldn't see what I was doing, funnsies, got it done, sealed the nut with silicone and Monday it's  shake down time. Pump runs so half the battle is done. That's the only thing I did, between having to remove the batteries and the gas tank blocking 2/3s of the bilge, my back and shoulders there wasn't going to be anymore work done.
Rodney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

WTodd

• Ultimate Basser
B.O.A.T.: Bankruptcy On A Trailer.
(But totally worth it.)
Or Break Out Another Thousand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • UB Life Member & LSCR Club Member
Rodney, tks or the update on the repairs.   Glad you were able to find a matching pump.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax
G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat  Yamaha 25hp outboard
Personal Best 8.33lbs

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
Glad you were able to get it all fixed.

I read years ago and find that it is true that: Letting a Boat Sit is the WORSE thing you can do to it.

I don't know why it is but every time I've ever let a boat sit for several months there is ALWAYS something that needs fixed to get it right, when NOTHING was wrong before.

I guess they are sort of like us, Keep Moving and Moving is easy. Stop Moving and it doesn't take long before Moving gets hard.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

Pat Dilling

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Hope all is right now.  Deadeye is right, and not just boats.  Letting anything, cars, boats, airplanes, sit unused is bad for them
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

topdsm0138

• Charter Member
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Simon Belmont

Oldfart9999

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Hope all is right now.  Deadeye is right, and not just boats.  Letting anything, cars, boats, airplanes, sit unused is bad for them

Nope, bow HOOK needs to go to the hospital. I had no choice but to let it sit, health reasons.
Rodney

Bassinkorea

• UB Nightshift
  • CM Chief Community Diplomat
  • UB for life - UB Life Member
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Pacific NW Ron

• Ultimate Basser
Glad that your back at it but sorry it's starting out with problems. 
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB