Unique summer HB Frog Presentation

Started by Mike Cork, July 25, 2021, 06:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Unique summer HB Frog Presentation...

Fishing cypress trees on blue bird sky days with no wind can be difficult to say the least. However I've found a pattern that has worked for me for a couple years now and it allows me to cover a lot of water in a short amount of time. Best of all, this pattern produces some big bass.

If you like the video please visit our page and subscribe, thank you.
https://youtu.be/kaFbZgO3RHc

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassmanRudy

Great video! Def something to try on a bright, windless day. Now my thumb probably can't handle the spool lol so I'm sure a few backlashes will occur!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

FishaHallic

Good video Mike.  That was some good pointers, I always hate fishing blue bird skies but next time I do I will try your tip.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

Thanks guys. It's something that has worked well for me.

It's a great technique when you're looking for that kicker fish  :-* as you can see, you better have your net out when doing it because the big bass will choke it.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Deadeye

I saw it on the UB Facebook page.

Interesting Concept and I see how and why it works. 

So many times we think the lure we are using is one thing to the fish, but to the fish they see it as something totally different.

A Jig is another great example of this. Most people think it imitates a Crawfish and many times it does. But it can also look like a small "eating size" Bluegill or similar Bream Type Fish.

A Frog is a bait that could be to the fish whatever they want it to be, if presented in a fashion for something they are eating at that time.

Great Idea Mike and something I would of never considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

That was a pretty cool video. The HB frog is a very diverse lure and can be presented in several different ways. Thank you for sharing one of your frogging nuggets Mike.

coldfront

so, this summer I've been working on my ability to skip.  comes in handy with overhanging vegetation like cypress, river growth, cut-banks  and of course docks.
have learned first hand the power of that 4-5 'skip' ('spat, spat, spat, spat, spat....) as a bait moves quickly, but quietly into dark areas.  working on my ability to skip frogs... have been handling primarily soft plastics as my learning curve has been STEEP...
would love to take a crack at some Cross lake cypress monsters... but it'll be a while before I can figure that out... perhaps 'retirement trip' while...  unless the stock market makes me a $100-millionaire any time soon.

my approach is 'different':  a weightless soft plastic that after the skip, just floats gently down.  can be dangerous as the 'take' can be very subtle and if in heavy cover, can lead to a lot of see-saw battles.

I see the power of the HB frog for this.  first time I saw this was watching a local 'kid' (kyle welcher) skipping frogs under over-hanging trees 'way up the Hiwassee'...

Mike:  thanks for the video and sharing a key technique/strategy.  I really appreciate the opportunity to learn that UB offers...

BassmanRudy

A weightless fluke is one of the easiest baits to learn to skip with. And it works!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com