Aug 2021 Home Front Activities

Started by Donald Garner, July 31, 2021, 01:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone in the UltimateBass Family ~shade

:toot:   Aug is upon us already   :toot: 

I pray that this new month will be a better month for all of us that belong to the UltimateBass Family. 

A new month means there be new and different opportunities for each one of us.  I pray for the very best for all of us and that our personal health improves.   I pray also for those that lost love ones and friends recently.   What little time we have left in the Summer months take the time to enjoy it with the family.  Schools will be starting back up here soon > 18 Aug < for those of us that live here in Texas. 

This could be the time for a new personal best to be caught  ;)  Tight lines and safe boating for those still getting out on the water.   

To everyone be safe in your travels if you're out and about.  If you get the chance stop in and share your day with us here on The Home Front Activities Thread.

Don
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Wanted to kick off August on a positive note.  Tonight my next door neighbor is mowing his lawn and our lawn and the lawn on the other side of us that the wife and I do to help out another neighbor.  Currently he has finished mowing and is now trimming.  How good is that.  It is really special when a neighbor steps in to help out.  He knows that I had surgery this week and have not yet been released to do normal work things around the house.  In our mostly old folks neighborhood this is a rare thing.  Folks just don't help each other and that is a shame.  My neighbor Jeff, was born and raised in Michigan and apparently has some of those solid mid west values.  He has lived here a year and has been what could be considered a model neighbor.  Erma and I are so pleased that he is help us until my doctors release which hopefully will come this coming week. 

Today was the warmest day of the year with temps hitting 100 again.  Beach temps held at 90 but with a west breeze was not much help to beach goers.  Pop up storms were forecasted this evening but they did not happen.  We sure were hoping for some rain.    It is still really boring around here not being able to do anything and I am hoping soon that I can return to the bed for sleep instead of the recliner.   OK folks have a blessed Sunday and I will see you  again tomorrow.   FYI, Jeff's reward tonight was a nice big piece of fresh peach pie.  I am sure as a single man he will enjoy.  I'll be sure to brag on him to his mom when I see her the next time she comes to visit.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all from Belton, Texas  ~shade

We're starting the day off with clear blue skies and forecasted temps of 74-96dgrs with 88% humidity.  The winds are out of the SE @9 mph.   There's no rain in the forecast for today but over night there's a 68% chance of us getting wet  and into Monday.  We could use the rain also.  We'll take the rain anytime we can get it around here.

We're off to church here shortly.  I don't have any idea of where lunch will be taken at.  I have nothing planned for the rest of the day except relaxing.  I am going to put the Stratos and G3 on charge thought.  It's been a while since I've charged the batteries up. 

The contractor working on the PAC stage called me last night.  His crew was there putting the finishing touches to the stage.  One of the Theater Arts teachers had taken upon himself to lower the stage currents.  It's difficult to apply the floor coating down when the curtains are down.   I don't know how to raise and lower the curtains so I called the principal and asked her to contact the teacher.    A short time later he shows up all surprised etc.  Not only did he lower the curtains but he had also moved a bunch of tables out onto the front part of the stage.  So I gave him a hand after the curtains were raised to move the stuff off the front of the stage.

Tomorrow and all this week the school is going to be packed with people.  There are work shops being conducted, kids picking up schedules etc.  The teachers will be showing up on Wednesday to start setting their classrooms back up.  The fun is fixing to begin.  We'll open the doors for the 2021 / 2022 school year on the morning of the 18th.

Bud;   That is good news about your neighbor stepping up and lending a helping hand there.  That doesn't happen to often anymore.  Tks for the update on your recovery also.  You hang in there and enjoy this down time.  I'm sure that once you've recovered A Honey Do list will be handed to ya.  We still have ya in our prayers for a full recovery.

Rodney; You and the wife doing alright there?  Hope both of ya'll are feeling better today than you were a couple days ago.  Did you make it out onto the water Friday? 

Dog; Hope things are going alright for you and your family.  You had the opportunity to wet a line this weekend?

SHC; You still breathing over there in NE Louisiana?  Hope things are going well for you and the family there.

To everyone a Blessed Sunday with your families.  Be safe in your travels if you're out on the highways and waterways.

Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

Another day like the last.  Very hot 98 no wind lots of humidity but wait...Theres more ! ! Frontal system coming through late tonight bringing some thunderstorms and then tomorrow cooler temps back into the mid 80s and lots of rain  over the next 4-5 days.  Just having a break in the heat will be a good thing and the rain will help but unfortunately its gonna be a lot of rain perhaps even too much.  5-6 inches over Monday and Tuesday creating the possibility for some minor street flooding.

Hoping to sleep in the bed tonight.  I certainly am gonna try.  I am improving every day even though not a lot but I'll take any improvement I can get.  Tomorrow the Dog has to go to the Vet for a dental exam.  She appears to have a tooth ache and she does have a history of problems.  My Dr. appointment for the nose is on Wednesday and the Mrs. has a dental appointment on Thursday.  The following week is the start of my annual physical with lab tests first and an exam the week after that.  I think all the medical folks are trying to bankrupt me the way it is going.

Sure hoping I can get a clearance from the Doctor this week to start getting back to a normal life and routine.  All my meds have been taken and no others to use.  I don't like taking drugs of any kind so this is welcome for sure.

Gonna watch a few minutes of TV in a few minutes.  I am not a TV person but I do watch a show from time to time just to see if it is interesting. 

Bud Kennedy

Really nice weather day today.  Temps stayed in the lower 80s most of the day with medium humidity and a nice breeze.  Tomorrow kicks off a few days of rain for the area with temps remaining low.  May not even reach 80 tomorrow due to clouds and rain.  Weather will return to normal about Sunday.  A few day of  cool wet weather will be a good thing for the most part.  Just hope the rain does not get too bad.  5-6" being forecasted and that will bring on some flooding is areas prone to standing water.  Here in Low country thats just about everywhere.

Took the dog to the vet to have her teeth check out and all is well.  All she needed was some antibiotics that was in the form of a shot.  Just a problem with a gum line near one tooth but no decay or any signs of an abscess.
Slept in the bed for the first time last night so it looks like each day things are getting better.  Sinus are finally starting to clear out and that is a good thing.  No appointments scheduled for tomorrow so most likely will be another do nothing day watching it rain.  We are hoping to take a neighborhood walk tonight to enjoy this nice weather. 

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

We had mostly overcast skies today across Central Texas.  We had a rain shower move through the area and got the side walks wet a little bit.
The forecasted temps were 72-91dgrs with 72%humidity with a N wind at 8mphs moving through the area.  There a chance of rain 13 % > 24% these next 4 days. 

The day went well I didn't hear any complaints from the principal.  We had close to 1000 people in the school today attending meetings and such.  The Facilities Construction Director stopped by and checked out the PAC Stage this morning.  He found some things that are going to have to be corrected.  Nothing major that will cause us not to be ready for school opening.  Wednesday my Team will go in and clean the (3) Theater Arts Classrooms, Stage and the PAC itself.  Thursday we'll tackle cleaning all the additional pieces of equipment that is kept stored on the stage.  After cleaning we'll move everything back onto the stage.

Today was the first day of football practice.  Those guys were suxing doing those drills as the day got longer  ~sweat ~sweat     The soccer team, volleyball teams were all out there doing drills   ~sweat ~sweat ~sweat     

:-* I spent most of my day in side in the air conditioning  ;)  Tomorrow I'll be inside most of the day again.  The School District is hosting a Job Fair and I've been tasked to work that.  I also will be conducting any job interviews that occur during my shift tomorrow.    I hope we get some people that want to work.  I'd surely would like to have a full team to start the school year off with. 

My team member that is out for having a her baby sent a picture out.  The baby was born a few days ago and everything is alright with her. 

Bud; Glad to hear you were able to sleep in your bed.  Tks for the update on the recovery also.  Our weather is changing a little bit here also.  Its not as hot as it was previously.  Hope the cooler weather hangs around a bit for ya.  You and the wife enjoy your evening walk.

Rodney; My good man hope the arthritis or your back hasn't gotten you down.  I still have ya'll in my daily prayers also. 

To everyone have a really pleasant and relaxing day tomorrow.

Oldfart9999

Good evening!!! Cool day. dry which is nice, the water has cooled a bit more, supposed to warm up this week, hopefully the water will warm up too. Not much else going on, I'll mow the lawn in the morning, it's getting high. I got out Friday and Saturday and today, next trip will be Friday hopefully.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SHC286

Y'all I'm aggravated.

I've had three people recently ask me about a good mechanic. I referred them to my guy, and did any of them listen? No. All three took their cars/truck to the same damn crackhead that's been messing up their crap and over charging them for years.

THEN THE AUDACITY! THE AUDACITY!
"Hey, my car's still messed up, what was your mechanic's name?"

AW HELL NAH!
Why you wanna know? Ain't like you're gonna take it to him.
At this point, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF MY MECHANIC!

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 55 headed to upper 70s, dry, sunny, nice day to mow the lawn and rebuild a raised bed. Next fishing trip, Friday, tomorrow, off to Corning Glass Works, been quite a few years since we've been to Corning. Corning glass has a museum of glass and you can watch the artisans making their products.
SHC, that's a bit harsh, folks today can't think and so they have to learn their lessons the hard way, pity them.
Bud, congrats on sleeping back in the bed. Good to know the hound is healthy also.
Donald, with the weather you're having I'd be hiding in air-conditioning too. I assume the theater guy didn't get the memo that he should consult with folks before arranging things on the repaired work on the stage. Good news on no complaints, everything should be that good. Any plans to float a boat soon?
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Beautiful sunny Central Texas Day  ~sun ~sun ~sun  Our forecasted temps were 71-94dgrs with 49%humidity and a NE wind @ 9mphs.  There's a slight chance of rain here on Thursday 34%.  The weekend is looking good with an 8% chance on Saturday.  The forecast for Saturday is 74- 94dgrs.

It was a quiet day for me at work.  I spent most of it at the job fair and conducting interviews.  We interviewed 8 personnel I want to say.  Hopefully they'll all accept the pay and won't have any issues with back ground checks.  There were still lots of people running amuck at school today.  Tomorrow we're going to clean the Theater Arts ( 2 ) classrooms.  We did this back in early July but beings the contractors didn't seal the area off they're saw dust all over the place.  Once the furniture has been removed and classroom cleaned again.  We'll put everything back and start cleaning the hallway again.  Thursday we're going to clean all the Theater Arts and Band Equipment that gets stored on the stage.  There's saw dust all over it also.  We had all this stuff out in the hallway due to the lack of storage space.

Rodney; Glad to hear you've been able to hit the water.  Good for you.  That trip to Corning Glass Works sounds interesting.  While on vacation in Venice, Italy we had the opportunity to visit a Glass Works there also.  It was pretty cool watching them blow and form the glass objects.  They had numerous items for sale there also.  We didn't purchase anything beings it would have gotten broken flight back home.

The theater guy  is new and seems to be a bit of a character if you ask me.  The first time I met him he had on a Kilt and sandals.  I wasn't in any mood to ask him about it.  The next time I see him I'm going to ask about it.  I've been around guys that wore them while stationed in Germany.  Our company Executive Officer worn one as it was part of his Dress Uniform.

Yes sir, barring any unforeseen incidents I'm heading to the lake on Saturday.  Carl's back from vacation and he called me up Sunday afternoon.  My knee was still bother then but I'm back to 100% now.   He needs to get his Stratos wet also.  It hasn't been out on the water since late Winter.

SHC; Sometimes people just don't learn.  I only share information once and that's its.

Bud; How's things going over your way?  Hope the cooler weather has held up for ya.  Hope you're recovery is still going well for ya.

Guys you all have a really great day tomorrow.  Be safe in all you're doing.

Bud Kennedy

It has been a rainy and cool day today. We received over 6" of rain in a fairly short time and had lots of local flooding .  Mostly just storm run off and over flowing ditches.  I suspect however it will has some small impact on the river system.  The rain is over now and any rain over the next few days will just be routine stuff like we get here in the summer. 

Big nights sleep last night and did not get up until 8AM.  So my recover is doing very well from what I can tell and tomorrow I have my post op visit with the doc.  Hopefully he will release me from the restrictions and I can begin assuming a normal life once again.    Even the sinus stuff is clearing up so all appears well.  If I get released, I see an opening to bring the boat home for the weekend so I can do some clean up stuff and charge the batteries and just maybe get to the river early next week.

Current temperature is only 75 with high humidity 99%.  A little muggy but all in all a good day.  I think it is forecasted to remain on the cool side for a few days before the warm up begins.  It wil be in the mid 80s but for us that is cool.  The hummingbirds have had a really big day.  Even during the rain they were at the feeder all day.  Even saw a few new ones today that I have not seen this year until today.

Rodney, how does it feel to get back on the water after two years away.  Are you holding up well and are you fishing alone or do you have a partner with you.

SHC usually when someone asks me to recommend a mechanic or some other service person I usually don't respond.  Mostly because what they are asking for is not work but good work cheap.  I just don't play that game.  I want work done right and am willing to pay for it.  Paying for good work and not getting it is another deal that when it happens the contractor and I have a straight forward discussion.

Bud Kennedy

Follow up visit for my surgery today.  All checked out good and I have been returned to duty.  Immediately upon returning home the Mrs. had a honey do all lined up.  I kinda got used to being lazy so having an immediate job assignment did not sit all that well with me.  Anyway,  The task was completed as requested to trim the back yard shrubs and the debris has been taken to the recycle center.  So, my first honey do is complete.  Now all I want to do is find some reasonable weather and get the Ranger home for some clean up and have the batteries charged and tackle loaded.  Most likely will be next Monday or Tuesday the way the forecast is looking.  I also have some painting to do on the Johnson if I can get the weather.  At least I can back the trailer into the garage a bit to get that job done.  I had ordered the special color paint and just needed the time and place to make it happen.

Temps today stayed in the 70s all day with a cloudy overcast sky.  Was a good day for the honey do assignment. 

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Bright sunny day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 72-97dgrs with 44% Humidity with an E wind @ 7mphs. 

My team got the 2 Theater Arts classroom cleaned and furniture moved back in.  In the morning we'll knock out the stage furniture out in the hallway.  I won't take along to get it done and moved back onto the stage.  The only task left after that for the Theater Arts area will be to get the hallway cleaned.  That will be a Friday's task.

I'm feeling pretty good there's no pain in the knee, ankle or lower back.  It's looking like a trip to the water this weekend.  I got both boats on charge.  I checked them prior to leaving for work this morning all the charger lights are on GREEN  ;)  I'm going to give ole Carl a call and see whets the plan is.  I'm sure we're going to fish out of his Stratos beings he's driving. 

Bud; Tks for sharing that great news reference your recovery.  Glad to hear you got the Clear Go Ahead.  Sorry to hear though that a Honey Do List was already prepared and the warrant issued :(  You have fun tinkering with the Ranger when you get it home.

Rodney; Tight lines buddy.  Hope you're finding some quality fish to set the hook on.

To everyone have a relaxing day tomorrow.  I hope ya'll are able to do what the heck you want too  ~shade

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 57 headed to low 80s, getting muggy, summer is showing up. Made it to Corning Glass Museum yesterday, it was a nice trip. It had been 10 or 12 years since we were there last, lot of changes mostly for the better, I'll post some pics later. I hope to be on the water tomorrow, shopping day today.
SHC, I agree with Bud, if asked I tell folks where I take my vehicles, it's not cheap but they do very good work and stand behind it, if there is a problem they're on it and at no charge. If they don't want to pay the price then pay more because of shoddy work, no skin off my back is you're that dumb.
Bud, it feels really great being back on the water, a friend usually goes with me but for the most part I launch and retrieve by myself, I'm normally early to launch and don't care to wait. I'm fortunate, everyplace I go has good docks and ramps, get the boat ready, back in the water, gently let it float off, tie it off and park the truck/trailer and go fishing. Retrieving is simple also, back the trailer in far enough to wet the bunks then set it with the tops of the fenders out of the water, hop in the boat, unplug the gas hose, crank it up and pull up onto the trailer, while the carbs empty I winch it up tight and set the line and safety chain, pull it out, pull the plug, set the transom saver and go home to lunch. I'm set so that there is little to no strain on my body, the only real exertion is winching it the last foot or so. I enjoy the company, but there are many times I prefer to be alone to do what I want and dawdle so I can consider what I'm doing and enjoy the scenery. It's good to see you're doing much better, maybe the weather will hold so you might be able to take the Ranger out for a run.
Donald, I think they should have the new teachers have a chat with you, things like putting the furniture out when an area has to be worked on will be prevented and they might realize that you and the crew are able to give them a hand making life easier for both of you. Everybody working together makes life easier for everybody. Hope you can float one of the Stratos this weekend. Do you have an appointment for your MRIs? We had a good trip to Corning, it's a bit over an hour and a half from here, driving through the Southern Tier is a pleasant one, rolling hills to carved hills, farm land and if you take the scenic route quaint farm towns with their own attractions, at times we've gone just to walk through one or another of them, it can be a pleasant way to spend a day.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

The normal work details continued today.  Mowed our yard and the neighbors yard as per normal.  After that went to get some gas for the mower and the Expedition and then stopped at the farm stand on the way back home for some more peaches.  I am gonna miss them when the season is over.  Not making any pies these are just slice and eat deals and might have them on  cereal for breakfast also.

the Mrs. bathed the dog today and we finished the day with our traditional walk around the neighborhood.  So we are done for the day and might watch some TV later.

Now that I am breathing well again the big change has become that I am sleeping late instead of the 4AM and 5AM stuff.  The last two days I slept until 7:30- 8:00 AM.  I don't believe that is a good thing as it seems to be wasting the day but when you think about it, Unless I am going fishing there really is no other reason to get up unless a nice hot cup of coffee is calling my name.

Fairly cool again today with temps in the low 80s with some peekaboo sunshine today.  Rain expected over night with maybe some more here on the coast in the morning.  Saturday will be more spotty rain but a bit warmer but Sunday shows to be a little drier.  Went by to check on the boat today and all seems well.  Most likely will bring it home on Sunday if the weather holds.  Wife wants to do a waterproofing treatment on the cover and I want to charge the batteries and maybe do some painting on the lower 2/3 of the motor.  I don't have any clear coat but probably should pick some up to finish off the paint job once it dries.  I have the primer I need and the paint I need.  The work will be on taping off things and masking the boat so no overspray gets places it should not be.

Hope everyone is well and taking care of business at home so you can have time to play on the water.  Always a challenge for time even for us retired folk.

Donald Garner

Howdy from Belton, Texas  8)

Beautiful sunny day across Central Texas today.  There was lots of sun out and the temps weren't to bad this morning.  Our forecasted temps were 71-92dgrs with 62%humidity with a SE wind @ 8mphs. 

We got the furniture wiped down and everything back in place on the stage.  Tomorrow myself and 4 others are going to work on the 2 hallways and everyone else is going to clean the Performing Arts Center main seating area.  We'll be finished by lunch time.  I had one of my ladies submit her resignation this morning.  She has another business she runs on the side and it's requiring some personal attention now.  I thanked her for her hard work and support.  I've had 2 of the hardest working ladies move on this month now.  Looks like I might wind up getting one of those 8 people we interviewed on Tuesday after all.  At least I hope so.

I talked with Carl this afternoon we're set for a trip on Saturday morning.  We'll be fishing out of his Stratos beings he's driving.  Tomorrow after work I'm going out and retie up 5 rods to bring along.  The Co-Angler bags stays packed and ready.

Rodney; You got the launching and re-loading down pat there buddy.  None of our ramps on Belton or Stillhouse have the docks right next to the ramps.  They're all several feet or yards away depending on where you launch from.  We usually wind up getting our feet wet here launching and re-loading.

We have a Whole Bunch of New Teachers this coming school year.  I've had a couple stop me in the hallways already asking questions about this and that.  We're going to have a good time I can sense it already.

I don't have an MRI appointment made yet.  I have to get back into the system first due to my doctor leaving etc.  and COVID issues last year.  My lab appointment has been made and 3 days later I'm in to get the results.  While there on that day I'm going to have a physical done and we'll go from there on the MRI etc. 

A trip to your part of the country is on our Bucket List.  We want to come up during the Fall and check out all the colors etc.  I've seen lots of videos, pictures of that part of the country and it's beautiful.  I want to come up and fish a couple places also.

Bud; Glad to hear things are back to normal there (-) the Sleeping In Part ~shade  I've tried sleeping in here lately on Saturdays and Sundays but I can't make it past 7:30 am.  Of course on Sundays we have church services we attend at 9:30am.  I really don't think it's in "Our DNA" anymore to sleep late into the day.  Spending 30yrs in the army and working over seas it was always early to rise etc.  and you slept when you could.
Glad to hear your wife is doing better also.  Tks for the updates on both of youns.

Guys you both take care and enjoy the family time together.  Tight lines on those next trips out.  Be safe out there.

Bud Kennedy

Donald, I am pleased you are gonna go leaf peeping up North this fall.  The entire area from Maine to Pennsylvania can just be spectacular.  West Virginia is also a wonderful sight seeing opportunity but a bit out of your target area.  Just get off the main roads and explore those country roads especially in mountain area.  Truly magnificent.  Lots of folks visit the region during the fall colors so be prepared for some active crowds at some locations.  We too have wanted to re visit New England to do exactly the same thing.  It has been 40 years since we were living there and still have very fond memories of the true New England country experience.  Especially all the small towns.

Oldfart9999

Afternoon all!!! Sunny, breezy, 84. Here's 2 that made it into the boat this morning, I put a limiting but I lost 3 really good ones. The first good one I lost was around a 5, the second broke off my dropshot, the 3rd wax about the same size as the larger of the 2 I have pics of. I missed the 3 but still feel good about the day, I'm out of practice.
Rodney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

Way to go Rodney.  I kinda expected you catch to be brown fish.  Glad you are getting out and gettin' the job done.

Another wet day today.  It has rained most of the day with a few heavy downpours but mostly just a steady tropical style rain.  Temps stayed in the 70s all day with humidity about 90%.  Tomorrow promises to be about the same.  Sunday still looking possible to get the boat home but we will have to wait and see what really happens with the weather. 

Otherwise I only had some house cleaning chores this morning and nothing else all day.  Went out to Dunkin to pick up a few bags of coffee and thats about it.  Fixin' to make some supper in about an hour and as far as I know nothing else on the agenda for the day.  Wife has been very quiet about Saturday's schedule.  Wives are like kids....when it gets quiet things are about to go bad.  Her back has been acting up the last two days and she has been in an evil mood so just about anything can happen and what ever it is will be my fault.   LOL 

SHC286

Rodney, I don't feel I'm being harsh, because I've had that conversation with that specific person so often over the past few years that it's at the point where it's become disrespectful to me and to the professional I use.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,
It was another bright sunny day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 74-97dgrs with 63%humidity.  Our winds were out of the SE @ 15mphs.  Very little chance of rain in the forecast for the weekend ahead.  Carl text'd me and he'll be by at 6:30am in the morning to pick me up.  Looking at the temps I'm guessing we'll do a 1/2 day trip.  I don't know where we're going it will either be Belton or Stillhouse.  It don't matter to me.

Busy morning getting the Theater Arts hallways and the PAC, and Stage cleaned.  I spent the rest of the day tinkering around on the computer.  We're going back to wearing masks again.  The principal had a staff meeting this morning and she had her mask on.  Some of the assistance principals did as well.  She didn't make it mandatory but you could tell by the conversation it would be most beneficial to everyone if mask were worn.   Glad I didn't throw those neck gators away.

SHC; Glad you had the time to stop by and holler at us.  Hope things are going well at your household.

Bud;  Sounds like things are back to normal around your household.  Sure sorry to hear about your wife 's back acting up.  Hope she gets to feeling better soon.  Hope you enjoyed that down time as much as you could.  Sounds like the Honey Do List if being formulated and you're fixing to get the worst part of it.

Rodney;  Tks for sharing those pictures with us.  Congrats on the catching there also.  Glad you're finally able to get back out on the water.

Guys you all have a relaxing and pleasant weekend ahead.  Be safe while traveling and tight lines if your out on the water. 

SHC286

Things are going great man. Been working 10-12 hours a day this week, but I've got the weekend off and we're closing on our house this upcoming week. Our scheduled closing date is the 12th but it could be a little sooner.

Rodney, I wasn't trying to go off on you, I was just trying to explain why the situation is aggravating me so much.

SHC286

Big watermelon. Found this when I stopped for steaks.
That's 166.6 pounds y'all.

Bud Kennedy

A little bit more rain this afternoon followed by clearing and finally some sunshine.  When the sun came out the temps jumped into the mid 80s  with humidity still in the middle 80s.  More sunshine tomorrow after a little chance of rain overnight tonight and into the pre dawn hours of Sunday then sunshine is expected.  Sure looks like the Ranger will be home tomorrow sometime. 

Today was Grocery getter day and we were home just before noon and a bit ahead of the rain.  Had a nice hot shower this morning before going out so all in all a good day.  I even took a little power nap this afternoon which is very unusual for me but that too was nice even though it was just short.

Donald just saw your trip report....Congratulations on the fishes.  Looks like you and Carl had a nice time.  Hopefully you guys can do it again sooner vs later.   

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 72-102dgrs with 48% humidity and a SE wind @ 16 mph.

Carl picked me up at 6:30am and we got his Stratos Launched at 7am over at Cedar Gap Park on the upper Stillhouse Lake.  We fished from 7am - 11:45am up in the lower Lampasas River.  We managed to hookup and land 6 bass today.  We only had (2) that were keepers that weighed 5.7lbs.
Carl with our (2) keepers

Our keepers were caught on a Berkley Whopper Popper and a Lockett Lures Tube Craw > Red Shad Color Texas Rigged.

After getting dropped off at the house Carl and I pulled his prop off his outboard and cleaned out a bunch of braided line.  There were several inches of that chit wrapped around the prop shaft.  I was glad we were able to get that stuff off of there.  I got everything cleaned up and made a run out to work to submit our weekly time sheets.  The wife had gone to the movies and I managed to put together a fishing report for UB. The rest of the evening will be spent relaxing.

SHC; That is a heck of a Watermelon there.  I can't remember seeing one that big before.

Bud; Tks for the comment reference the trip.  Yep it was a nice trip.

To everyone have a relaxing Saturday and Sunday.  Enjoy that family time together.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.