Aug 2021 Home Front Activities

Started by Donald Garner, July 31, 2021, 01:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHC286

Thanks. I been working on getting this particular place since at least February. Needs a good bit of TLC, but a damn thorough cleaning takes care of most of it. I assume you're familiar with the barracks "Chinese field day"? It's easier when there's already no furniture to move out. Bleach, bleach, bleach.

I need a bunch of light bulbs, a couple shower heads, a line for a toilet, a flapper for another, a couple light fixtures, and I need to figure out what to do with the grow room that doesn't involve growing more pot. Preferably. Only cause it's still illegal. I was kinda thinking a model train garden, there's plenty of outlets for all the lamps that were in there, hooks in the ceiling to get really creative, and I've always been a little fascinated by model trains.
Maybe a home distillery. My understanding is it's legal these days to make your own "hand sanitizer" as long as you're not selling it but I'd better double check on that.

Jarine88

Quote from: SHC286 on August 13, 2021, 09:54:37 AM
Thanks. I been working on getting this particular place since at least February. Needs a good bit of TLC, but a damn thorough cleaning takes care of most of it. I assume you're familiar with the barracks "Chinese field day"? It's easier when there's already no furniture to move out. Bleach, bleach, bleach.

I need a bunch of light bulbs, a couple shower heads, a line for a toilet, a flapper for another, a couple light fixtures, and I need to figure out what to do with the grow room that doesn't involve growing more pot. Preferably. Only cause it's still illegal. I was kinda thinking a model train garden, there's plenty of outlets for all the lamps that were in there, hooks in the ceiling to get really creative, and I've always been a little fascinated by model trains.
Maybe a home distillery. My understanding is it's legal these days to make your own "hand sanitizer" as long as you're not selling it but I'd better double check on that.
Definitely familiar with field day, but it has been a long time. Which state are you living in?
Life is too bizarre, don't take it seriously.

USMC (1988-1992)

SHC286

Louisiana. Beautiful weather right now, 91 degrees, 100 heat index, 60% humidity, and plenty of full Sun at the moment to illuminate the tree trimming and pipe cutting I'm about to do.

I've got 12 bottles of water, a pop tart, and two packs of smokes. I hope that's gonna be enough.

Bud Kennedy

Another Ground Hog Day in August here at the beach.  Temps in the middle 90s with heat index well over 100.  No rain in the forecast with more of the same tomorrow.  Finished the haul away of all the tree trimmings.  Today was all the palm branches and it was a full truck load.  Everything is now at the recycle center so we are done with this task for a while.  Got the garage all put back together where everything belongs.  Just finished watering all of the plants all around thej house and yard and with some extra water on the two younger trees out back.  All is put away so I am done for the evening until I have to move the plants in the courtyard back to their night time places.  We move them to keep them out of the direct summer sun otherwise most of the would die for sure.  The hummingbird feeder remains busy and has to be refilled daily and sometime twice a day.  Those little birds sure have been active the past month or so.

Tonight is burger night at the Kennedy house.  Just a nice simple meal that is easy to fix.  Got some left over baked beans and mashed potato as well.  Don't know if we will use the potato but certainly will finish off the baked beans.  Tomorrow will be out day to waterproof the boat cover finally.  No other tasks to get in the way as far as I know.   The new decals came in for the motor cowling so sometime next week I will be looking to do that job.  Have to remove the old decals and primer the cowling and then paint and clear coat before I can put on the new decals.  They are a wee bit different than what is currently on the motor but very similar.  I will have to pay particular attention to the proper measurements of everything so I can get them back on the the correct position.  Next week the long range forecast is rain everyday but in the form of scattered thunderstorms.  Sunday afternoon and Monday will certainly be rain from the remnants of tropical depression Fred.  Not gonna be much here but it looks like northern Georgia and North West SC and NC will get a good soaking.as the low heads up the  Ohio valley.

SHC Congratulation on your new home.  I am sure you will get it in shape in a jiffy.  Makes a whole lot of difference when it is yours.

Rodney where are you. I hope your back is behaving itself.  Donald, looking forward to hearing about how your visit with some teachers worked out.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone

Our forecasted temps for Central Texas were 74-95dgrs with 53%humidity with a SE wind @ 8mph.  We got some small chances of rain for the weekend ahead.  Sat = 24%; Sun 41%.  The temps are forecasted to be 73-94dgrs for the weekend.

It was an interesting day at work today.  Every year just prior to school starting we have a gathering at the Bell County Expo Center.  Its a huge production with the bands, cheer leaders and all of the employees.  We didn't have it last year or this year.  This year it was a video message from our School Board Members and the Superintendent.  They all thanked us for all the hard work we've done last year and into this past Summer.  They wished us well on the upcoming school year that starts next Wednesday.

The Superintendent told all the Principals that at 10:01am they would be receiving an email message.  So while we're watching this video and the with the closing remarks our principal gets this email.  Our school board members in their way of saying Thank You for all the hard work gave each employee that work last year and renewed their contract a $1,500.00 check.  Every employee that signed on in the middle of the last school year and renewed their contract got $500.00 check.  These checks were all deposited into our personal accounts this afternoon.  Also come this Dec the same employees that received that check today will also receive an additional $500.00 just prior to Christmas Break.  Wow is all I heard from everyone that attended that meeting.  I've never heard of this happening before but I for one am surprised and thankful.    Needless to say that put everyone in a Super Great Mood for the rest of the day. 

After the gathering I had a Team Meeting right quick rehashing what was put out in the video conference.  My Team members couldn't believe what they heard etc.  I had gotten an email from our Director indicating it was all true etc.  I read that to them.  They all were extremely happy needless to say.  We all broke for lunch except for me. 

I went and found that teacher that send me that email reference her classroom not being cleaned this Summer.  I didn't have to look very hard she came walking around the corner and started in.  We went into her classroom and for 10 minutes it was pretty brutal.  I kept it professional and at the end the bottom line was she was pissed because she found a dead snake in her classroom.  I looked at her and told her that was the first I had heard about it.  She looked at me and told me she told one of the custodians about it.   I asked her how come she didn't tell me about it.  Her reply was " She thought I was too busy to worry about it"  Holy Smokes I just looked at her and was speechless for a few seconds.  Then she started in again about a stain that was on the concrete floor. She informed me that it had been there since the last day of school.

I was getting real tired of this conversation and made one last comment.  I told her that she needed to go and see the Principal if she was that pissed.  I turned around and walked out.  I got in my truck and went to lunch.  When I got back from lunch I had the custodian that's responsible for that classroom to clean up that stain etc.  I instructed him on what and how to do it.  If it didn't come up to come and get me.  He came and got me and told me the stain had come right up.  I can't prove it but its amazing how a jelly sandwich can make such a big mess on a concrete floor.  If that jelly stain (which there wasn't ) on the floor on the 14th of Jun I would have seen it.  I was one of 3 people that cleaned that room.  I even went back at the end of the day rechecking everything we did that day.

I was making some notes on my dry erase board in the hallway for Monday's work schedule.  I heard someone walking up on me and it was that same teacher.  In my mind I said Chit what now.  She apologized for make such a scene in her classroom.  We had an adult conversation for a few minutes and she left.   She had a better understanding on how I conduct business and what I won't tolerate.  What a day.  I'm glad it ended on a positive note.  I just checked my checking account prior to starting this posting and yep there sits a $1500.00 deposit.

Bud; Sounds like a super busy day you had.  Most of your days from the posting are like that.  Wonder how much $$$ you'd make if you got paid for your services?  Have fun finishing up with the Ranger.  Make sure you take some After Photos.

Rodney; Hope you had a good day today. 

SHC; Congrats again on getting into your new house.

Jarine88; Tks for stopping by.  Don't be a stranger there's no cost for visiting and BS'n with us a little  ~shade

Guys you all have a really relaxing and enjoyable weekend ahead.  Be safe traveling if you're out and about.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SHC286

Burger night at this household too Bud.
I got home from work and skedaddled to my sister's house to get her trailer. When I got back in my neck of the woods I stopped at the dump to toss out the trash on the trailer and Connie called to say they were headed to the new house with a couple loads. Good. The new place is about a mile from the dump, the trailer lights don't work right, and it's getting dark. So I met them there to help unload and to have someone follow me home.

We should be sleeping in the new house by Sunday night.

SHC286

Our burgers last night SUCKED. We're not 100% sure exactly what happened. My wife picked up what she thought were the same pre made patties I got a couple weeks ago. But they took so freaking long to cook! They were looking perfect on the outside, but the first bite I took revealed they were bloody and gooey on the inside. I spit it out. I like my steaks rare to medium rare, but I will not eat undercooked ground beef. We even changed up the cooking methods. Moved them from the grill to the air fryer to the oven to the frying pan. FINALLY got them cooked through and couldn't even manage to overcook them. They should've been blackened hockey pucks by that point but they looked perfect in every way.

Then we discovered what I think may have been the problem: they seemed to be mostly gristle. Every single bite was mostly that cross of hard crunchy rubbery texture of tendons, ligament and gut. My wife just dropped her patty in the trash and replaced it with sliced turkey from the deli. I lost my appetite and just ate a handful of fries. Not eating enough is just as dangerous for a diabetic as eating the wrong stuff, but a small amount of the wrong stuff isn't a bad compromise. Still, I'm feeling the effects today so I got an order of bacon and an apple for breakfast at the gas station. Their bacon is a great deal. Cooked fresh, and they give you dang near half a pound for a buck fiddy. The apple cost two fiddy. No wonder it's so easy to get fat. No matter where you go, you'll never find a salad on a dollar menu.

topdsm0138

Son called me and asked me if I could order him a couple of those Googan Click Baits. Ok...weird thing to call me at 3am (my time) and ask for, but then again there are a lot worse things a 17yr old can be asking money for.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Bud Kennedy

Hot but not as humid today.  Current temp 93 and humidity is 52%.  No breeze just flat calm at this point.  I did finish treating the travel cover on the Ranger.  It was a battle just trying to get enough time where I could do the job without being in a constant state of interruption.  For the second task was a trip to the farm stand and then to the grocery store.  Those tasks are now done.  I have had a couple other task assignments from she who shall be obeyed but those too are done until she dreams up something else for me to do.  Those pop up tasks are the ones that set me free.  Mostly because they are not that important in my opinion and because I don't like being supervised.  Just tell me what you want and don't tell me when or how to do them.  Most of the Mrs. wild hair tasks happen in the late morning hours when I am in the process of doing other things.  Interruptions like these are not appreciated.  The one task remaining for today is to water all the flowers in the front, back and side yards.  These will be done around 4-5pm once they are no longer in the sun. 

Taking the boat by the tire shop tomorrow.  I have an appointment to get the starboard trailer tire examined to find the really slow air leak.  Once that is done the Ranger is going back in storage for a few days.  The next task for the ranger is to get the motor hood cowling prepared for a new paint job.  I have to remove all the old decals and shoot a coat of primer and then followed up with two coats of paint and two coats of clear.  Then the task of putting on the new decals will take place.  When everything is done, I will post a few more pics. 

Rain is forecasted to begin on Sunday afternoon and will continue on an off and on basis through most of the week ahead.  Does not look like a big deal with no real flooding or anything like that likely.  Just some isolated thunderstorms are forecasted.

SHC, our burgers were fantastic.  I usually buy ground sirloin with a lean rating of 90 +%.  It had been a long time since we had burgers and they hit the spot.

Top I have a hunch that your boy is looking forward to taking you fishing when you finally get home.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We're starting the day off with Partly Sunny Skies across Central Texas.  Forecasted temps are calling for 72-91dgrs with 92%humidity and a NE wind @ 2mph.  We encountered a brief shower at 6am this morning. 

Somewhat busy morning yesterday.  I went in and got our time sheets completed and turned in.  I stop by church and mowed the North and South Entrance ways grass.  I used the push mower due to the number of trees and roots systems that are sticking up from the ground.  It took me 3 hours to mow, trim and clean up.  I stopped by Sonic for lunch came home and showered and took a nap.   The rest of the evening was spent watching TV.

We're off to church here shortly.  Lunch location hasn't been determined yet.  We had Friday night supper at a new Italian restaurant that just opened across from the town court house.  I'm thinking of having lunch there beings supper was good.  The rest of the day hasn't been determined yet.  I might drive over to Ft. Hood's Rod and Gun Club and purchase my new fishing licenses they go on sale today.  The wife's car needs washed and detail as does her truck. I don't know that I'm all in for that this afternoon.

Bud; You are one of the busiest persons I know.  I hope your day today isn't has busy as yesterdays.

Top; So you having your son pickup a couple baits for you also  :-\  Yep there are far worst things he could be asking money for.  I have you in my daily prayers.  Praying for positive good things for your health here in the near future.

SHC;  To bad about the burgers nothing worst than a meal that isn't prepared right.  So you about finished getting the house settled?

Rodney; My good man hope you're doing well and the back isn't giving your fits.  So did you stop by the weigh in yesterday?

To everyone have a really pleasant and relaxing day today.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

A bit cooler today with temps remaining in the 80s.  Some off and on rain and continued cloudy with rain expected overnight and through tomorrow.  Had an appointment at the tire shop to get the boat trailer tire fixed but they backed out of the deal and would not change the tire with the boat on the trailer.  Although that is BS it is the way it is so I will have to find another shop to do it or I will just have to do it myself.  I don't want to but it is not a big deal.  Took the Ranger back to storage for now.  Will go down this week and take off the motor cowling and bring it home so I can get it ready for paint and new decals.  Looks like it is gonna be a rainy week ahead but still remaining fairly cool until next weekend.

Nothing else going on today.  Fixin to jump in the shower and then am planning on having some Pizza for supper tonight.  Next week is fairly easy with the only appointment being my physical on Wednesday.  Have not needed the nothing box today as the Mrs usually leave me alone on Sunday.  I am sure she is anxious to make new work detail assignments for the coming week however.

It has been two weeks since my nose surgery and all is well.  Can't believe I am even able to smell things again after all these years.  I also have noted that my non working eye has a wee bit of improvements.  Still not able to focus but I can see objects now instead of blobs so I guess that is an improvement.  I don't know if the sinus deal helped out the eyes or just what has happened.  I only know there has been some improvement.  I can really notice this when backing up the boat and the improvement in my overall depth perception on my left side.  Doesn't make sense but I'll take the improvements just hope they last.

Rodney we are missing your chronicles on a regular basis.  We hope you are doing well.  SHC is now a home owner and we look forward to his stories about the joys of homeownership.  Donald it does not sound like you did any fishing this weekend unless it was this afternoon.

SHC286

Top, you're right about there being much worse things to call at 3AM for! I'd order those baits right away!

Bud, I normally get at least 90% lean when I buy ground beef. There are some benefits to fattier content, but it's a texture thing for me. Fattier beef tends to hold together slightly better and stick a little less, but also tends to be greasier. I just don't like it, and there are tricks to making leaner meat hold together and remain juicy.

Second night in the new house last night. Not even close to getting everything moved. The oldest boy fell out of the back of a truck yesterday and hurt his elbow and shoulder pretty badly. I think he may have damaged a tendon or ligament but believe he'll be okay. He's decided to take the wait and see approach before deciding whether or not to get it looked at. He had a few things in the back of his grandmother's truck and decided he could secure the load a bit better so he stopped before he got out of the driveway, resecured the small load, and as he was dismounting his right foot slipped off the bumper while he was swinging his right foot back over the tailgate. He landed with his full 220 pounds on his left elbow. He kept it in a makeshift sling for a few hours with an ice pack and after a while was able to move it again. He may have damaged a nerve too, when he straightens his arm his pinky starts twitching.

First night in the new house wasn't great but it had its highlights. Part of the reason for the move is to get away from all the noise, but it was so damn quiet I could hardly sleep. I guess ten years of living with a highway running through your front yard can do that, but it's nice to sit on the front porch and have a conversation without having to stop every couple seconds when a log truck or loud redneck pickup passes. Hey, my truck makes some noise too, but I've got high performance mufflers instead of no mufflers at all, and I'm not trying to keep my RPMs at 5K to impress the redneck girls with the cracking and popping.

My mother in law stayed over the first night. She sleeps in a recliner at home and we have a matching recliner so she decided she'd sleep there. Funny thing, she doesn't really care for dogs, but she just loves Annie. At about 0100 my stomach woke me up. After I handled that, Annie let me know she needed to go fertilize the yard a bit. We walked right by my sleeping MIL, but I think Annie forgot she was there. Because on our way back to the bedroom, she let out a snore and all unholy hell erupted. Even though she'd just done her business, turds went flying and she started barking loud enough I thought the windows were gonna shatter. It took a bit for the three of us to calm down.

Then this morning, about 0500...
I awoke to the sound of trees being cleared.
Thankfully, they're far enough away that I can just barely hear the drone of the equipment, and tree clearing isn't a long term project like the commercial dirt and gravel pit I've been living right across the street from. But we moved partly to get away from all the noise with the gravel pit and log trucks being our biggest aggravation. So guess what came rolling down the gravel road with no regard for noise, speed or safety at 0530?

So at 0545 I was over there hunting for a foreman. The project should only last a week. I pointed out to him that truck tires are expensive and it'd be a shame if those trucks didn't slow down a bit and end up with a series of mysterious blowouts when they pass my house. He said he'd be sure to let them know there's possible road hazards they can avoid by being more courteous.

Bud Kennedy

Nice simple day today.  Cloudy most of the day with a few peeks at the sun.  Temps stayed in the mid 80s with humidity in the 70% range.  No rain but some beginning overnight tonight with scattered shower most of the day tomorrow as the remnants of Floyd pass by.  No wind here just some rain off the ocean.

I mowed the neighbors lawn this morning as requested by she who shall be obeyed.  After mowing had a nice shower and got on some clean clothes and got hard at work doing absolutely nothing for a few hours.  I did go out and picked up a prescription at Walmart and also got a tank of gas for the expedition.  I had about a half a tank but so a shell station with $2.67 and decided to swing in and top off the tank.  Prices here range from the rare 2.57 to 3.10 per gallon depending upon where you are.  Amazing how spread out the pricing is.  Most of the regular stations are selling at 2.96.  So it does pay to keep an eye out for a deal if you happen to stumble upon one.  I have full tanks on the boat and since I have not been out on the water for 6 weeks I don't need gas there.  The old fast strike is right fond of gas.  I have no idea where non ethanol might be priced at this time.  Almost afraid to go look.
SHC, I know about construction traffic too.  Our community is now expanding by adding another 500 homes and the only road in to the community runs right past the rear of our home.  Those dang dump truck start rolling by at 6AM and they are not that quiet.  My new siding and new hurricane windows block out most of the noise but there still is some.  We have not had any new homes built in here for many many years but now that the golf course is closed it is being turned into a housing development.  According to the census the Myrtle Beach area has grown in population by 30% since the last census.  There is construction everywhere in this area. The real estate folks are lovin' life for the past few years.  Housing prices are skyrocketing and available inventories of homes remain very low.  Most home sell in a day or two and usually for more than the asking price.  We are still a lower priced market here and most new residents are from the North East and have lots of available money after selling their homes up north.    It is also noted that the also tend to vote more towards the blue side than the traditionally very red South Carolina tradition.  So I guess the next thing will be higher taxes as our new residents want different things then we have now.  I think the folks in Texas and Florida are seeing much the same thing.  Colorado has already been the victim of this kind of reality.  I hear that Arizona is also under a lot of tax pressure.  Oh Well.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,
We had a pretty nice day today weather wise.  Our forecasted temps were 73-94dgrs with 53%humidity and a SE wind @ 9mph.
Our forecast yesterday called for a brief shower.  We'll it poured down buckets with some serious lighting and thunder going right along with it.  All this started just as church was getting over with.

The wife and I had lunch at Texas Roadhouse yesterday and afterwards it was a trip to Ft. Hood to pickup my new fishing licenses.  I was informed yesterday beings I was 65 I no longer needed a Ft. Hood fishing license.  I still need the Area Pass and State License though.  There was a $20.00 savings by not having to purchase the post fishing license.  The wife's car nor the truck got washed yesterday due to the rain storm we had.  Maybe next weekend they'll get washed :-\ 

While at church yesterday I had a Red Wasp double sting me in my upper right arm.  The Bicep is all red and swollen and itches to the devil.   I got it packed in ice right now.  Afterwards I'm going to smear some anti itch cream over it.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep all night tonight.  Last night I got up 3 time to put some anti-itch cream on it.

Somewhat busy day today dealing with the teachers needing furniture moved out and for some they needed furniture moved in.  Tomorrow is the Day Before the kids come back to school.  I got the upcoming football schedule today so now I know which Friday Nights I'm going to have to work over time.  The fun is fixing to start.  ~shade

Bud; Glad you had a few hours of nothing to do.  Our gas prices around here range from $2.65 > $2.75 for regular unleaded.  My Stratos is full also from the last outing.  As long as I don't run WOT all day long and limit my running around I'll only burn a 1/4 tank of gas.  My Yamaha 150 VMax does pretty good on the gas if I don't bury the throttle.  I know one thing also she'll suck that oil up fast also running at WOT.  My Stratos has a 32 gal tank in her and it a painful site filling her up from almost empty  :'(

SHC; Sure sorry to hear about your son falling out of the truck.  We'll add him to our daily prayers.  Glad to hear you're at least getting to sleep in the new place already.

Rodney; My good man sure hope you're not down and out with your back.  We still have ya in our daily prayers buddy.

To everyone have a Blessed day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels.

SHC286

Bud, I am grateful for this: the lady that lives over here seems to just be selling some timber off her land. Shouldn't be any sort of construction.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 68 headed to 80 or so, just finished raining with more possible, boomers possible later this afternoon. I had hoped to go fishing but won't, I'll clean up the boat and get the gear back in order. I'm amazed how much tackle and baits get strewn around the boat in 4 hours of fishing, next trip will probably be Friday. The changes in the bay since I last fished it 2 years ago are amazing, areas that should hold fish aren't, even with good grass, the areas that didn't produce still aren't. I have noticed the pressure during the week has increased, I'm not ready to hit the water at zero dark 30 and fish in the dark for up to an hour. I didn't fish the Big Fish Derby this year but when I did I was on the water by 4:00, normally the winning fish were in the boat by 6:00 and I spent the rest of the morning keeping it alive. I think once I caught the winning fish at noon, on a deep crank otherwise it was early. The times for the most activity has changed also, still need to figure it out. I got my first check from the vaccine study I'm involved in, it's going into a fund for the boat, I need to swap out my steering, get fenders for the trailer and several other things, the money will come in handy.
SHC, congrats on the "new to you" home!!! Found any gators on the property?
Bud, congrats on the hard work of doing nothing for your do nothing period, tough job but somebody has to do it. lo Are those new homes part of your HOA? Yes, those folks are real dingbats, want all the goodies but then complain about the high taxes, they just don't understand the correlation no matter how many times you explain it to them. I've reached the point I just laugh in their faces. I've seen them move out of the county to a small town then start demanding sidewalks, street lights, garbage pick up, local police instead of county sheriffs all the stuff they miss but didn't want to pay for. Suddenly their taxes double or triple, no such thing as a free ride.
Donald, congrats on the bonus, you sure earned it!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Good job dealing with the nut job teacher too!!! I'm paying 3.199 a gallon for gas for the car and truck, the boat last fillemup was 3.649, I don't want a big bass boat, my 16 footer and Merc 50 are fine, if I don't get into it I get better than 6 miles per gallon, when I cruise it's at about 27 mph.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bud Kennedy

Rodney, the new homes are not part of our HOA.  Within this total community there are actually 22 HOAs.  We have condo units, patio homes, golf villas and apartments and each of these communities has an HOA.  Most are not active but those of us in traditional homes seem to be the most active.  The biggest problem here is that all of the roads in this community are private to each community.  This means that little to no maintenance is happening and the roads are mostly a mess.  Each HOA is responsible for the maintenance and it becomes part of the quarterly dues.  In the past the owner of the golf course was also the owner of the community with regards to available land.  We have had 3 different owner organizations who have all declared bankruptcy and moved on leaving the property owners high and dry.  Trying to get 22 HOA organizations to agree to a coorrective action management plan is next to impossible.  Most in here are retirees and as you know retired folk don't want to spend one cent to maintain things. 

The new homes being built were authorized by the county with the provision that the main roadway into the community will be upgraded to county standards to include drainage and safety needs.  If this actually happens I will be surprised.  Most likely the proper owner building the new communities will get to the finish point and declare bankruptcy and once again leave us high and dry with little to no alternatives.  In the mean time all the construction traffic with heavy trucks and equipment are destroying the main roadway.

Oldfart9999

Bud, the good news up here is that we have few HOAs, that means the governing group, town, city etc, does build to their code and after a fashion do maintain.
SHC, I'd tell your son to get that elbow looked at. My oldest son was taking a lunch hour walk when he fell on black ice, after seeing the Doctor he was told to apply for Workman's Comp, he had an elbow injury like your son, after they got done refusing needed surgery he is now fully disabled with his right arm. By the time he got the surgery it was too late, after a lawsuit they gave him full disability and he has been approved for SSI.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

topdsm0138

Was finally able to go to medical again. They want to do surgery and remove both of these tumors next Friday (27th), then she said she'll worry about the biopsy. That will put me on light duty again, until I get back to the states.

As for the "events that have unfolded" over here yesterday, I've just been staying to myself, in my "little cave", to try and forget what happened and relax.

Oh, and great job on the last few videos guys.

Annnnd my brain hurts from reading a bunch in the Rods Section. Going to buy me about 5 new combos when I get back home.

SHC286

They brought in some heavier equipment. Someone came over and let me know the idea is to make the job go faster.

No gators on the property, but I'm about to start spotlighting armadillos in the yard. They digging their little holes under the Holly tree.

My son's arm does seem to be recovering quickly, he has almost full range of motion and the scrape on his elbow hurts more than the elbow itself. It did get a bit swollen yesterday after he over used it a bit.

Donald Garner

Greetings from Central Texas  ;)
Forecasted temps for today were 74-95dgrs with 59%humidity and a SW wind @ 9mph.  Looking at the radar there's rain all around us but none of it has arrived here in Belton.

Well tomorrow its on, the first day of school.  We're forecasted to have 1600 (+) kids this year > Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors.  We're starting the year short handed once again.  I'm still waiting on the paper work to come back on my two replacements.  I talked with my one lady that just had her baby.  She's and the baby are doing just fine.  She told me her plan was to come back to work and the end of Sept.

SHC; Tks for the update on your son.  Glad to hear things are getting better for him.

Top; We still have ya in our daily prayers buddy.   Best wishes on the upcoming surgery.

Bud; After all this work you've been doing out side etc.  how's the post op surgery recovery coming along?

Rodney; Glad to see ya back on line here.  Thought maybe you back had you down and out. 

You guys all have a relaxing evening and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for everyone. 

Bud Kennedy

Man what a day.....This was a day of absolutely nothing.  No job assignments, no store visits just sittin' here doing nothing.  Really boring stuff.  Tomorrow is my annual physical and thats it as far as I know.  We are still getting a few rain showers off and on today and more of the same expected tomorrow morning then the weather will be turning hot and humid once again.  Today temps were in the 80s with heat index of about 90.  Tomorrow through Sunday our heat index will once again pass the triple digit range.  I may be able to start the paint job on the motor cowling of the fast strike.  Kinda anxious to get that job underway. 

School started here today.  I saw the school bus go down the road this morning at 6:30 .  Don't know what the schools are doing for masks.  They are not mandated but some of the school boards want them so they are working with the Governor to try to get an agreement.  Most parents don't want them but a few do and of course the teachers want them.  I don't have a dog in this fight so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Been a little bummed today about the crap going on in the middle east.  Sure is an embarrassment for our country after all the money that was spent and the American lives lost and the thousands of wounded for life vets.  Reminds me too much of my time when the same crap happened.  One thing about it elections have consequences.

Dog

Howdy all
Been real busy pounding the pavement. Tomorrow I start my onboarding with a new company. Hit my limit with the other one.
Works out for the best I will work only 40 hours a week now instead of 60+ and make a lot more money to. Benefits are about equal so thats good. They had no issues with me saying I only plan to stay 2 3 years tops then retire or at least I hope I do not sure I can stand not getting up and going to work.
Got a whopping 21 hours on the new boat now really enjoying it when I get to take it out. Pretty soon wont be no water for me to launch in getting bad again real bad. then all these days fires new one exploded over night to over 30k acres thanks to the dry conditions and winds here.
Just washed my truck again 3rd time in 6 days if I dont you cant see out the windows from the ash and dust.
Here yall go little taste of how bad the water is here the bridge this pic is taken from is normally under 250+ feet of water. The bridge you see is the new one (1977) to replace the one im on. I used to cross this bridge everyday to go to school. When they enlarged this lake back in 1977 it was a bad scene out here people chaining themselves to trees etc. Then stole my familys land did emanant domain on it because my family refused their idea of fair market value of 10 cents on the dollar. They did that to a lot of people.
The other picture is of a support for the old sierra railroad train trestle on lake mcclure.

Bud Kennedy

Dog, was just thinking of you a couple days ago and was wondering how you were getting along.  Sure is a nasty situation all of you folks are facing.  From what I hear there is no apparent relief in sight.  Both fire and drought are bad but having them both for this long is awful.  Good luck on the new job.  Hope it all works out for you and your family.

topdsm0138

Nice pics.

Boring day here....just sitting....doing nothing..

Kind of leaning twords buying the BPS Carbonlite combos. Was thinking 2 baitcast one in M, one in MH, and 2 spinning one in M, one in ML. That should give me a good "range" for all my stuff. (Yes, I said ML action. Sometimes I like throwing smaller baits, just for a good challenge and fight. )