Hi everyone from South Carolina

Started by Basstagger, August 06, 2021, 08:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basstagger

~gf New Guy from South Carolina. Moved to S.C.  8 years ago. Originally from Massachusetts. I just retired  and now can begin my search for a Double-digit bass. My PB is 9# 13 ounce out of the lake I now live on and I have started to Tag and document every bass I catch. Wish me luck and I will be reading for many hours on this forum to get the tips I need to Catch that double digit bass

bigjim5589

Welcome to SC & Ultimate Bass!

I'm a transplant too, moved here back in 2015 from MD.

That's a great PB! What lake are you fishing? I'm within sight of Lake Marion, but so far have not caught anything that big other than a Bowfin!  lo
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Bud Kennedy

Welcome to Ultimate Bass.  I have lived in SC for just over 30 years in the Myrtle Beach area.  We had a camper on Lake Marion for 7 of those years but sold it about 6 years ago.  We still miss it a lot.  I have been trying for a double digit bass for over 6 decades and have not made it yet.  Have a bunch of 9s to my credit all from Lake Marion but no official double digit bass in my win column.  I will keep looking but not likely now that I mostly fish the Waccamaw river with a few side trips a year to the Cooper river and Lake Marion.  Again welcome aboard Ultimate Bass I believe you will enjoy your time here especially if you participate and become involved in the discussions.

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Basstagger

I moved from Frederick Maryland  to South Carolina over 8 years ago and I am originally from Boston. I am fishing a private 210 acre lake (32 feet max) generally 2-15 feet water. The lake is a no wake lake and jet-skis and tubing are not allowed. It was  restocked in 2016 with Sunfish, Shellcracker and sunfish with the guidance of a State Biologist. Beavers, eagles, ospreys,

I just downgraded from a fiberglass Skeeter to a Bass Tracker  4 stroke cause a 150 Evinrude is just too much for what I need. Lake Marion, Lake Moultrie, Lake Murray and other big lakes are just so busy and too many people driving boats and drinking. I'm  a careful boater and don't need the noise of jet-skis or arguments with other boaters. If you google Edisto Lake in South Carolina, that is where I live and fish, but it is a secured, gated lake, so no one from the public has access. The biggest I have personally seen come out of this lake is 13# 9 ounces and in an average week, no more than Maybe, one other fisherman.

If it is allowed, I will update everyone once in awhile when I start catching fish I have already tagged. It will be interesting to see how much weight gain and length each fish has as they grow. Thnx again for the warm welcome.

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!!!!
I am anxiously waiting to hear how your tagging program goes. So many stats can come from tagging.
Good luck.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

BassmanRudy

Welcome!! Will be cool to hear your stories on the tagged bass.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Captsteve

Welcome

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

topdsm0138

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Basstagger

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pat Dilling

Welcome!  Good luck on your search for a DD!
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Basstagger

36 Bass now tagged. No recaptures yet

BassmanRudy

Good job at catching em!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

mygreenihc

Welcome aboard!  I look forward to hearing more about your project.  It would be interesting over time to see the average weight gain.

Smallie_Stalker

I'm very late to this thread. Welcome to Ultimate Bass!

What part of Massachusetts are you from? I'm born, raised and still living there.

Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to following along with your adventure.

In the meantime if you need a hand with anything at all please feel free to reach out to me or any other staff member and we will do our best to get you pointed in the right direction.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire