Old School Meet New School

Started by FlatsNBay, January 13, 2022, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Daiwa BG series spinning reels sure have come a long way. The old school BG from 30 years ago is still kicking! What a bullet proof reel! I hope to make a ton of good memories with my new series.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on January 13, 2022, 09:54:32 AM
Daiwa BG series spinning reels sure have come a long way. The old school BG from 30 years ago is still kicking! What a bullet proof reel! I hope to make a ton of good memories with my new series.

Wow!! I haven't seen a wooden knob like that in forever!!  lo Good stuff Flats, thank you for sharing!!

fishballer06

Right, Lou?! I think the last reel I saw come stock with a wooden knob was the Stradics about 15 years ago or so.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: fishballer06 on January 13, 2022, 02:11:27 PM
Right, Lou?! I think the last reel I saw come stock with a wooden knob was the Stradics about 15 years ago or so.
Yeah, my Stradics from 2000 had the rosewood knob.

I took those handles off and put the double paddle ones on cause I liked them better. But when I sold the reels I put the original handles back on. Got more money for them that way.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FlatsNBay

I still have one of those Stradics with the wooden handle. It's a 1000 so I don't use it much until I go speck fishing. Those were good reels too. I sold some of my used Stradics on Ebay and got almost as much as I paid for them!