VA end of fiscal year

Started by Wizard, September 05, 2021, 01:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizard

The VA's fiscal year ends on 30 Oct. Like all agencies, they have to spend allocated funds provided by Congress or give unspent funding back to the Treasury and have reduced funding for the next fiscal year. They save money through the year in case of need and struggle to spend it the last month. IF YOU NEED ANY DURABLE EQUIPMENT, NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK THE VA. I applied on Friday for a powered stair chair to get me to the second story floor and a walk-in shower and bath for an upstairs bathroom. You apply through the VA doctor, a Physical Therapist comes to the house to assess the bathroom, and the veteran,  If they agree, the VA will supply everything, including a contractor, to install the equipment.  If you buy, hire a contractor and install with your own money, the VA will NOT reimburse you.

Wizard

WTodd

That's 30 Sep, not Oct but kudos on this thread because you're right about the VA spending all their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topdsm0138

I haven't filed for any of my "disability" yet. I've got 12yrs coming to an end and get hounded by others to file. But 1) There are some of y'all qho need it a helluva lot more than I do. And 2) I was just holding off till my contract is up. Brother works for the VA and says they make it damn near impossible to add anything once you've already been evaluated and approved, so just waiting till this nightmare is over.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Wizard

topdsm, I'm a Nam Vet with lots of problems and didn't file until I was 70. I have great health insurance from a career in the IC and, like you, felt I would be taking from others. The DAV volunteer who helped with my paperwork set me straight. If you deserve compensation, you should take it. If you got hurt, you earned it.  He also said I was a dumb chit for waiting until I was 70.  He said I should have filed earlier...like at age 19 when I left the army.  It did take awhile to get rated. They couldn't tell what was Nam related from agency related. Eventually they gave up and put everything under Agent Orange.

Wizard

SHC286

I've fought with the "woops"s off and on for 15 years. Finally making a little progress. I've gotten in for my evaluations at least. They've gone radio silent since then. The orthopedic surgeon asked how the hell i was walking. I said same way I learned when I was a toddler, wobbly.

topdsm0138

Quote from: Wizard on September 06, 2021, 10:38:18 AM
topdsm, I'm a Nam Vet with lots of problems and didn't file until I was 70. I have great health insurance from a career in the IC and, like you, felt I would be taking from others. The DAV volunteer who helped with my paperwork set me straight. If you deserve compensation, you should take it. If you got hurt, you earned it.  He also said I was a dumb chit for waiting until I was 70.  He said I should have filed earlier...like at age 19 when I left the army.  It did take awhile to get rated. They couldn't tell what was Nam related from agency related. Eventually they gave up and put everything under Agent Orange.

Wizard
I will start filing once I get back to the US during demobilization. I'm still active and only have 18mo left on my contract. I started late at 30yrs old.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Oldfart9999

Better spending it on you that deserve it then on new office furniture to replace what they bought a year ago.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.