Micropterus salmoides

Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: Forum updated, problems HERE if you see any!

New to UB and the Forums but not new to Bass Fishing!

(Read 1573 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

bubba2262

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Hello everyone, I am new to UB & The Forums, but I have been Bass fishing for...... OMG I guess about 45 years, mostly here in Indiana. I have fished Professionally or maybe Semi-Pro, since it's not full time, since 1975, when I helped form a Bass Club in Northern Indiana, PORTER COUNTY HAWG HUNTERS, which I believe, is no longer around. I fished in the NBA (Northern Bass Anglers) and fished a B.A.S.S. tournament in March of 1980, on Sardis Lake in Mississippi. IN FACT I drew BILL DANCE as a first day partner. I must say Bill is just as you see him on TV, in commercials and on his TV show. What a class act and super southern gentleman. We laughed, joked and teased each other all day. ALSO I caught my PB an 8 lb 2 0z. Bass the final day of practice, for that tournament (OF COURSE) since it didn't count. VERY TOUGH tournament, in fact Roland Martin won it with like, I believe, 21 pounds and some ounces for the three days. What an experience, to fish with Bill Dance AND catch my PB in one trip. It was ALL well worth it! I still to this day Bass fish at least 4 times a month and I own an OLD, let me repeat OLD 1984 CHEETAH 156PRO, with an 80 hp Mercury 2 -Stroke. I have Completely redone the boat, wiring, carpeting, and electronics. I have installed a MINN KOTA TERROVA 80# trolling motor, a HUMMINBIRD 898CSI on the console and a HUMMINBIRD HELIX 7 GPS SI G3 on the front deck. It serves me just fine, as I no longer fish tournaments and Thank God I don't, bc these new young bucks make like 5,000 casts a day which I can no longer do. Anyway, I am glad to be a part of UB and look forward to posting with everyone on here and making some new fishing friends. Tight Lines to ALL and be Safe on the water.

Smallie_Stalker

• Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.

Your years of experience will be a great asset to the site and I'm looking forward to your posts.

We have a great community of very friendly anglers here who are always willing to help or just share some fishing stories, pictures etc.

If you ever need a hand with anything please don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other staff member and we will do our best to get you pointed in the right direction.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

• Admin
Welcome to UB Bubba.  ~beer~

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • UB Life Member & LSCR Club Member
Bubba,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here.   ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax