New Personal best

Started by Eric-Maine, October 03, 2021, 07:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric-Maine

Caught my first Louisiana bass today on the Ouachita. Caught 6 total. Not bad for a blind squirrel lol after 1700 miles or so.

Watching Brady play his old team tonight. I will do a report later in the week as I learn more.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

coldfront

NICE!
what do you think about 'differences' between maine bass fishing and ouachita bass fishing?

Smallie_Stalker

Nice, Congrats!

I know two guys from MA who made nationals in the past and had to fish the Red River. They said it was like being in a whole different world of fishing.

Hope when it comes tournament time you rack 'em up good.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Eric-Maine

Quote from: coldfront on October 03, 2021, 08:40:21 PM
NICE!
what do you think about 'differences' between maine bass fishing and ouachita bass fishing?
Lot of wood no grass on the Ouachita. I spent a lot of time getting my boat unstuck. The big ranger is the boat for Erie; the  Ouachita backwaters not so much. The boat does bounce better of wood than rock.

As for fishing, fishing is always good. Sometimes I even catch one......

Eric-Maine

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 03, 2021, 09:06:52 PM
Nice, Congrats!

I know two guys from MA who made nationals in the past and had to fish the Red River. They said it was like being in a whole different world of fishing.

Hope when it comes tournament time you rack 'em up good.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk
Thanks

Pat Dilling

Congratulations!  Fishing new waters is always exciting, especially when you catch a good one!
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catch and tks for sharing the picture with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Mike Cork

Yep that was my biggest challenge when I first moved here.... Boat was always stuck.... ~roflmao

That's an awesome Ouachita fish, most guys from that area dream of catching a one like that.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Eric-Maine

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 11, 2021, 09:03:24 AM
Yep that was my biggest challenge when I first moved here.... Boat was always stuck.... ~roflmao

That's an awesome Ouachita fish, most guys from that area dream of catching a one like that.
Had another first last week; a spotted bass my first and only so far. About 13" 12 oz. or so. Hopefully I will be able to best that when I come back down.

Boat is going to the shop tomorrow to fix my TM. It took a beating. Hopefully something easily fixable.

Oldfart9999

Nice looking pig Eric!!! Now you know why I like tin boats. lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.