Remembering a fishing day with a buddy

Started by rb-nc, October 23, 2021, 06:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rb-nc

I was on Norman a few days ago. I was working back into a creek when I came up to a place I had smashed them on over 20 years ago. It too was an October day, not a cloud in the sky, zero wind. I was fishing with a buddy Coop. Me and Coop didn't fish that many times together, but we laughed our butts off when we did. In the back of this creek is a rock pile, not a big rock pile but the only one in there. For some reason, I don't know I picked a buzzbait up and threw it over the rock pile. Now no way should a bass have bit that jerkbait with high sky and no wind in the middle of the day. But it did. And so did another, and another and... Well you get the point. Me and Coop sat there for hours throwing buzzbaits over those rocks. The lead on the baits were almost torn away from the hooks.
So remembering that trip I dug a buzzbait out of the box and gave it a chunk over the rocks. Nope no luck, didn't get a bite. But I could hear Coop laughing just as if he were in the back of the boat, so yes I did score. Miss you Coop look forward to the laughs when I get up there

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

bigjim5589

Great post! My fishing buddy and best friend Pete, has been departed this life for many years now, but I still often think about the fishing adventures that we shared. We were friends for 15 years, a relationship that started with a fly tying class that I held. We didn't get to fish together as often as we would liked, but when we did, it was always a pleasure, and we had a blast!  lo

The Lord puts good folks in your life for a reason! What you do with it is up to you!  :)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Oldfart9999

I to have a friend, Eddy, best pattern fisherman I ever knew, he taught me quite a bit, I miss him and the tackle store he brought with him to fish. Eddy carried a lot more gear than I did but still rummaged through mine, he replaced anything he borrowed. He has Parkinsons and hasn't been fishing in 7 or 8 years, he's missed and he's thought about a lot.
Rodney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

It's amazing how a fishing trip can stick with you. I remember many things about various trips with fishing partners, even 20 years ago.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pacific NW Ron

This was my first year fishing alone in many years.  I fished the back seat a great friends boat for the last 6 or seven years.  Weather and health permitting we fished every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from March through October unless one of us was on vacation with family.  You can only imagine the memories all that time together created. 
Many of those memories came back to me this year while out on the water.  There were a few times I just stopped fishing, popped a beer and thought about him.  RIP Tom
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Bigbass201

Most of the time it's more about the memories than the fish catches.   I have several friends that passed away and do the same thing when I fish a place we use to fish together.  Nice tribute.  Puts things in perspective what is the most important thing while your out there fishing.
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035