Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Well got that last trip in yesterday

(Read 331 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

rb-nc

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
Beautiful day to be outside, sorry day for fishing. Water temp mid 70's. No clouds, no wind temp mid 70's.
Still was a fun day. Didn't get out until around 9. Slept in and had breakfast. First stop we make we have an eagle come down and get a gizzard shad right in front of us, pretty cool. Catch some fish on flutter spoon. We moved around a lot. There was a tournament going on and Robert was looking for things for his next one. I'm at the front casting a swimbait and all of a sudden my middle three fingers on my left hand locked up. Couldn't move them for nothing. Robert had to crank my bait in. So most of the rest of the day I just sat and watched. Finally got my fingers worked free. Did find good bunches of fish. While I was setting there I got to thinking, in a few years when I retire will I be able to fish?? Like Buds's hold em fold em. I don't think I will. We had been busting butt all week getting the chicken house ready for the new flock. We sprayed it down with insect spray so we couldn't go in it yesterday. Every year it takes more out of me. My hands are all but useless now, can't feel much and I have no strength in them. I have to use my teetf to open a zip lock bag. My right knee is so weak it's hard to stand from sitting, and getting up in the boat is very hard. Once I get on the deck I can go all day. Got some other issues going to see a surgeon about. Farming beats you up. Add to it I don't sleep worth a crap. Sleep about two hours then I get up and sit in a chair in the dark for 3.5 hours so I don't wake the wife. Might get lucky and go to another bed and get anothe hour in befor we get started at 4am. Once I lay down my mind gets going on what has to be done and I can't shut it off. Getting old sucks. Some things I just can't do now, but Robert helps a lot thankful he moved back. Brought a couple of reels in from the boat. Going to try and clean them tomorrow night to see if that helps clear the head. 

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
Sorry to hear about your physical problems RB, what do the Doctors say about it, they can do a lot these days.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Marine Coat One

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Man, can I appreciate all of that. Glad you got out, but still. Good luck with the next flock.

We have tons of chicken and turkey farmers around here, and many are my customers, landowners and friends. I dig what you're up against.

Dale
If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans...

Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YouTube!

rb-nc

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
They aren't sure. Except it isn't Covid. Have six doctor appointments in the next four weeks

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
Everyday getting up from a squat hurts more and more and it's almost impossible without help or bouncing... Getting old sux for those of us that didn't work that hard for a living, I can't imagine what farmers, daylight to dark, go through in your bones, joints, and vertebrae.

Sure hope they figure something out and it's a simple fix. Hope the next flock goes smooth and leaves you with some energy to fish in the spring.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB