Hello from Germany

Started by LarsS, November 06, 2021, 05:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarsS

Hi there and thaks for the add to this forum. My name is Lars and i found this forum while reserching crankbait rods.
I live in Germany and i love fishing for perch and pikeperch. (unfortunately we have no bass here)
I would be happy to learn something from you and maybe I can even pass on my knowledge to you.

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!!!

I also love to catch Pike here. No monsters yet but several over 30 inches.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Pat Dilling

Welcome Lars!  I lived in Germany for 6 years on two tours with the US Air Force,  We were 3 years at Zweibrucken from 1973-76 and 3 years in Heidelberg from 1988-1991.  I fished a couple times at some public lakes near Heidelberg.  But the most fun I had fishing was in Spain for bass at Lake Caspe (Mar de Aragon)  I took 4 trips down there for a week at a time. A truly great experience.  My current favorite crankbait rods are the Dobyns Fury 705CB,  Great for casting and the fish stay hooked well because the composite rods have a great balance.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Donald Garner

Lars,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~ 

I lived / stationed  in Mainz, Germany for a couple years 1980 - 1982 while in the Army.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

big g

Welcome Lars,  glad you found our site, we are always happy to share info, so don't be shy!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

LarsS

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and nice to hear that some of you have already been to Germany. So far i have never been to the USA but i hope that changes some day.
I live in the west of Germany, about an hour away from Cologne. Most of the time i am fishing in the Netherlands because they do a lot catch & release there, which is what I absolutely prefer.

@Pat Dilling  I have also been to Lake Caspe in Spain several times and to Italy for bass fishing, what i realy enjoyed. I already planed a trip to Lake Caspe for 2022  ;D
Do you remember the nice view to the old monastery at Isla Magdalena?

My crankbait rod reserch endet in ordering 2 CB Glass rods. (704 CB Glass & 735 CB Glass) These sticks are awesome  ~c~

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard and welcome to the Dobyns family!
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Terry G

Welcome to UB
I worked for the German Co. Robert Bosch and spent time in there plants and in different locations purchasing machinery.
Beautiful Country good food & drinks

Pat Dilling

Quote from: LarsS on November 07, 2021, 12:10:29 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and nice to hear that some of you have already been to Germany. So far i have never been to the USA but i hope that changes some day.
I live in the west of Germany, about an hour away from Cologne. Most of the time i am fishing in the Netherlands because they do a lot catch & release there, which is what I absolutely prefer.

@Pat Dilling  I have also been to Lake Caspe in Spain several times and to Italy for bass fishing, what i realy enjoyed. I already planed a trip to Lake Caspe for 2022  ;D
Do you remember the nice view to the old monastery at Isla Magdalena?

My crankbait rod reserch endet in ordering 2 CB Glass rods. (704 CB Glass & 735 CB Glass) These sticks are awesome  ~c~

I certainly remember the monestary. Glad you get go there. Love that lake
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

BASSCATLILDAVE

MarkAmerica

Hi! I love Germany. I spent more than five years of my life there. My wife is from there, and our daughter was born there. (Ansbach).

All in all, I had a good time there in the mid-late 80s.

Welcome!

Mark