UB'ers turned YouTuber's Support Thread Chapter 2 (2022)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, December 30, 2021, 03:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big g

Thanks for the info on producing these vids.  I know how costly, and time consuming it must be.  Not something I would ever do, but I do appreciate all the efforts you U-tubers do to prepare a first class vid for whatever reason.  Keep up the good work, you have a life long viewer here.  Extra nice to know the fisherman, and the local waters being filmed! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

topdsm0138

For the Florida Guys (and others from other states as well..), if you have facebook, you can feel free to follow our "local" fishing page (now expanded to all over the USA) Tug My Rod and post your videos up there for some extra views and maybe a few followers. It's a mix of salt and fresh guys..
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 15, 2022, 03:21:42 PM
For the Florida Guys (and others from other states as well..), if you have facebool, you can feel free to follow our "local" fishing page (now expanded to all over the USA) Tug My Rod and post your videos up there for some extra views and maybe a few followers.
Thanks Topdsm, I'm pending acceptance to the group. Thank you for the invite.

D.W. Verts

You Florida guys. I am so jealous...

I will be needing YouTube help directly. I won't beg, but I will need some help. Stay tuned (ain't this FUN?)

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

D.W. Verts

Okay, here's what I need assistance with-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSVe7bajF0CwOXZtf32I63w

Yep, I did it again. This time I think I'll get it right. The whole world and LIFE itself is and should be a learning experience every single day. I think I've done this long enough that I can handle this deal, plus I'm just doing the ONE new channel. I separated the fishing from the other "junk" (I like my "junk").

There you go, and any support is appreciated. Captain Lee- I CAN listen. Sometimes I'm a little late to the game, but I listen. Peace.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 15, 2022, 04:37:16 PM
Okay, here's what I need assistance with-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSVe7bajF0CwOXZtf32I63w

Yep, I did it again. This time I think I'll get it right. The whole world and LIFE itself is and should be a learning experience every single day. I think I've done this long enough that I can handle this deal, plus I'm just doing the ONE new channel. I separated the fishing from the other "junk" (I like my "junk").

There you go, and any support is appreciated. Captain Lee- I CAN listen. Sometimes I'm a little late to the game, but I listen. Peace.

Dale

Good work Dale, following up is one of the areas I need to work on. It's also good to see I'm not the only one that talks to myself when fishing. Thank goodness for editing,,,,  lo lo

FD

Good job Dale.  Subscribed!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

I've been behind the times when it comes to battery pack tech.

I have been using this 12000 mAh battery pack for the longest time and it continues to serve me well.

I wanted to stream line how much I carry on me while shooting video, and I came across this 10000 mAh battery pack.

Significant size difference between the two batteries.

When it comes to shooting long video shoots, like in my case anywhere from 6-8hrs. These battery packs eliminate the need of carrying multiple camera batteries.

topdsm0138

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 15, 2022, 03:41:23 PM
For the Florida Guys (and others from other states as well..), if you have facebool, you can feel free to follow our "local" fishing page (now expanded to all over the USA) Tug My Rod and post your videos up there for some extra views and maybe a few followers.
And Jeff accepted your request.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 16, 2022, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 15, 2022, 03:41:23 PM
And Jeff accepted your request.
Yes he did. Thanks again.

D.W. Verts

And I'm beginning an experiment with my new channel- education vs. entertainment. Any guesses which will win? Pretty sure that I know how this is gonna go, but I could be wrong. We'll see.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Took me all afternoon, but I finished my latest video. Went with a funk music track this time. Up next, Thumbnail and Title,,,, ugh,,,,  :)

D.W. Verts

So I'm cleaning up and updating my channel(s). And I'm adding a channel to portray all of the other YT channels, mostly UB folks, that I subscribe to. It went well, except for AE Fishing. It says "No matching results. Please try again" when I try to paste the URL in the section. Any ideas?

Dale

FD

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 16, 2022, 09:33:26 PM
So I'm cleaning up and updating my channel(s). And I'm adding a channel to portray all of the other YT channels, mostly UB folks, that I subscribe to. It went well, except for AE Fishing. It says "No matching results. Please try again" when I try to paste the URL in the section. Any ideas?

Dale
Did you go to the AE Fishing Channel and pull the URL from there?

FD

Dale,

Don't add too many videos up to your new channel at once.  Give each new video some time to "breathe."  That will allow the previous videos to help the performance of each new video.  It's an analytics thing but trust me on this.

Based on my viewer demographics, which should be similar to yours, I would release a new vid on Sunday at 10 a.m. and Wednesday at 3 p.m. central time.  You can load them to your channel in advance and schedule the release times when you load.

Capt. BassinLou

Why should Dale have all the fun?!? While on my morning walk, the idea hit me out of left field. (One of the reasons I enjoy walking.  ;))
I will be launching another Capt. Lou channel in the Summer of 2022. Stay tuned.  ~shade

D.W. Verts

Quote from: FD on January 17, 2022, 04:26:27 AM

Dale
Did you go to the AE Fishing Channel and pull the URL from there?

Copied it straight from your url on top of your page. It worked for everyone else, so? I'll try it again.

As far as videos are concerned, I get that. I just wanted a little bit of content to start with. It's WINTER here in MO- hard to do much new stuff, I'm afraid.

Dale

Scott McGehee

Dale

great idea, Dale.  I went there and subbed to all the people I wasn't already.

D.W. Verts

Yeah Scott, I was told by smart and important people that it's good policy to show those channel links. It was a long explanation, but it made sense. I have a bunch more to do on my "Outdoors" page, but I'm keeping it to "fishing" stuff on my "Fishin'" page. Go figure.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

I can't get over how one video, which I almost scrapped mind you, has made a significant impact thus far on my channel. Yes FD, give yourself a pat on the back....  lo ~beer~ My Lake Okeechobee video is blowing up my analytics. Guess where I will be going again this week?  ~shade lo ~gf

FD

I told you!  Months ago...

I've got one that I don't like, published  months ago, that keeps steadily getting views.

Proving that it's not about us,

It's about them,

The Viewer.  Period.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on January 18, 2022, 05:00:13 AM

I've got one that I don't like, published  months ago, that keeps steadily getting views.

It's about them,

The Viewer.  Period.

I know, I know, lesson learned.  :surrender: :surrender:

~roflmao  ~beer~

topdsm0138

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 18, 2022, 05:07:06 AM

It's about them,

The Viewer.  Period.

~roflmao  ~beer~
You want to know my tip/trick for Lake "Big Water"? You already figured out 1/2 of the equation with slow n steady. The other is, pay close attention to where you caught the fish and make note of the bottom type/makeup of that area. South Bay and the ghost islands are "inconsistent bottom" as in areas that go from rock to sand, to shell, to muck quick. Where one end of the island will be rocky, while the other could be sand/shell or muck.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 18, 2022, 06:56:44 AM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 18, 2022, 05:07:06 AM

It's about them,

The Viewer.  Period.

~roflmao  ~beer~
You want to know my tip/trick for Lake "Big Water"? You already figured out 1/2 of the equation with slow n steady. The other is, pay close attention to where you caught the fish and make note of the bottom type/makeup of that area. South Bay and the ghost islands are "inconsistent bottom" as in areas that go from rock to sand, to shell, to muck quick. Where one end of the island will be rocky, while the other could be sand/shell or muck.

Appreciate the info. Hard to believe there's hard bottom out there. When was the last time you were out in those areas? You might not recognize it today. All that beautiful lush vegetation is gone, it seems like its all muck. But we can have that discussion over on the FL forums.  :-* 8)

D.W. Verts