UB'ers turned YouTuber's Support Thread Chapter 2 (2022)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, December 30, 2021, 03:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Steve81

Quote from: FD on January 04, 2022, 05:03:15 AM
It worked, I just subscribed!

I subscribed to your's as well. I'm jealous of your lakes. Those are the kinds of waters that I want to fish every day!

Scott McGehee

Any chance we could pin a list of all the member's channels?  I'd like to make sure I've subbed to everyone's.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Scott McGehee on January 04, 2022, 07:56:13 AM
Any chance we could pin a list of all the member's channels?  I'd like to make sure I've subbed to everyone's.
That's a good idea Scott. Welcome to the thread. I will move your suggestions up the chain and see how we can do this. Thank you.

Pferox

Why not start a sticky thread in the video section and keep it up to date there.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Pferox on January 04, 2022, 08:40:22 AM
Why not start a sticky thread in the video section and keep it up to date there.

Excellent ideas. As I mentioned, I will move these ideas up the chain and discuss with Admin.

Scott McGehee

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 04, 2022, 08:21:07 AM
Quote from: Scott McGehee on January 04, 2022, 07:56:13 AM
That's a good idea Scott. Welcome to the thread. I will move your suggestions up the chain and see how we can do this. Thank you.

I read through most of last years post and tried to pick up everyone, but I'm pretty sure I missed some.

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Steve81

Another thing that I think helps a video is an intro (introduction) and an outro (a summary) to begin and end each video. I believe the into is especially important because it kind of sets expectations for the viewer. By starting the video by saying something along the lines of "We are on Lake X with X conditions. I am going to try to catch them doing X today" it gives the viewer something like a starting point on how they think the day on the water should go. And then if you had to make adjustments throughout the day to find success (and assuming you mentioned that in the video) then the viewer tends to find some engagement due to seeing how the angler reacted to those conditions.

As far as the outro goes, I don't consider it quite as important but it is helpful to bring the day together. It's also useful to describe somethings you noticed throughout the day that you might not have mentioned or a s a great opportunity to describe in detail a certain lure or pattern that was successful.

Additionally, I like to do something like a middle of the trip breakdown to sort of bridge the gap. I use it to talk about how the day has gone compared to what I expected when it started and how I plan to adjust. It also allows the viewer to get an understanding of how much time has passed by in the day. Without it, it can be hard to tell that 4 hours have passed and the temperature has dropped by simply watching a 15 minute video.

Capt. BassinLou

My latest video drops today at 4pm Eastern Time. Titled Lake Okeechobee: Slow fishing? Fish Slow. This was a tough video to edit. Not because of the complexity of the video, but simply because of how challenging the bite was. Anglers become conditioned especially with YT, in thinking that every outing on Lake Okeechobee or the Kissimmee Chain of lakes anglers catch 10 lb bass and/or a 30 lb sack, nothing can be further from the truth. Case in point, my video.  lo lo Enjoy!!

FD

My latest drops in a minute.   Completely different style with a specific goal in mind.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

FD

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 04, 2022, 08:47:29 AM
Quote from: Pferox on January 04, 2022, 08:40:22 AM

Excellent ideas. As I mentioned, I will move these ideas up the chain and discuss with Admin.
It's coming in Dock Talk.  Still working on some details to keep from getting over run by YouTubers that don't post anything but their videos.

D.W. Verts

Lee, I love the classroom stuff. I've obviously done some myself, and I hope it works better for you. That was about perfect- the only thing better, and I know it will come in time, would to be to interject video at the salient points. Great stuff, sir. I can see a guy like me coming to Florida and following your road map the whole way. Yes sir.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

FD

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 06, 2022, 09:06:01 PM
Lee, I love the classroom stuff. I've obviously done some myself, and I hope it works better for you. That was about perfect- the only thing better, and I know it will come in time, would to be to interject video at the salient points. Great stuff, sir. I can see a guy like me coming to Florida and following your road map the whole way. Yes sir.

Dale
Thanks Dale.  I had some vid clips in mind to put in but I was running short on time. 

Would that have made a better video?  Absolutely.  Should I have spent the time to add the other pieces. Probably.

But with the intent of this particular video, timing was critical..  I'm starting to build a connection with my core group of about 150 viewers.  I wanted it published by 7 pm on Thursday so they would have this info for the weekend.

Will that hurt the long term performance of this one video.  Yep!

Was it worth it to help my community to possibly catch more fish this weekend?  You know the answer to that question....and you would have done the same.

Scott McGehee

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 06, 2022, 12:42:12 PM
My latest video drops today at 4pm Eastern Time. Titled Lake Okeechobee: Slow fishing? Fish Slow. This was a tough video to edit. Not because of the complexity of the video, but simply because of how challenging the bite was. Anglers become conditioned especially with YT, in thinking that every outing on Lake Okeechobee or the Kissimmee Chain of lakes anglers catch 10 lb bass and/or a 30 lb sack, nothing can be further from the truth. Case in point, my video.  lo lo Enjoy!!

How did you get the post in the video board to show a thumbnail of the video?  I only seem to be able to get a link to post.

FD

Quote from: Scott McGehee on January 07, 2022, 07:59:27 AM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 06, 2022, 12:42:12 PM

How did you get the post in the video board to show a thumbnail of the video?  I only seem to be able to get a link to post.

I fixed it for you Scott.  You used the insert link instead of the insert YT link feature (it's a little YT sign further to the right).  I left the old one in your post so you can see the difference.  You can edit your post to remove the wrong one.

Scott McGehee

Thanks.  That's what I guess for taking a couple of years off. Y'all have gotten all fancy on me and added some new buttons.   lo

Bigbass201

My buddy Jim and I actually left YouTube a couple years ago with close to 3,000 subscribers.  Started over from scratch on Rumble.  Appreciate any support you guys can give by subscribing.

https://rumble.com/c/RJBassFishing
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Bigbass201 on January 08, 2022, 11:01:05 PM
My buddy Jim and I actually left YouTube a couple years ago with close to 3,000 subscribers.  Started over from scratch on Rumble.  Appreciate any support you guys can give by subscribing.

I've had almost zero success on Rumble so far. But I'm subscribing to you.

Dale

Bigbass201

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 09, 2022, 05:53:00 AM
Quote from: Bigbass201 on January 08, 2022, 11:01:05 PM

Thanks Dale.  You know you can link your YouTube channel to your Rumble channel?  That might be an option until your Rumble takes off.  They claim to pay more, and you don't have any requirements for watch time and subscribers in order to make some money.  Can you put a link to your Rumble account so I can subscribe to that one too?

I've had almost zero success on Rumble so far. But I'm subscribing to you.

Dale

D.W. Verts

Well, it's funny. While you was posting this I was trying to do just that. And I failed. My brain just does not work this way. I dislike technology so much. Spite. Hatred. Dripping venom. And the very fact I'm typing all of this on a freakin' LAPTOP makes me a hypocrite.

But I still hate all of this technological stuff. With a passion.

Dale

Bigbass201

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 09, 2022, 06:39:50 AM
Well, it's funny. While you was posting this I was trying to do just that. And I failed. My brain just does not work this way. I dislike technology so much. Spite. Hatred. Dripping venom. And the very fact I'm typing all of this on a freakin' LAPTOP makes me a hypocrite.

Dale

I get it Dale.  It can be a pain.  Try this link for setting up an account.  It should be easier.  I get that way working with my phone at times.  Hand it to one of the grandkids and they get me in order.  Comical.

https://rumble.com/register/RJBassFishing/

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Bigbass201 on January 09, 2022, 07:46:32 AM

Dale

I get it Dale.  It can be a pain.  Try this link for setting up an account.  It should be easier.  I get that way working with my phone at times.  Hand it to one of the grandkids and they get me in order.  Comical.

Thanks. We are still sans grandkids. But even if we had a pile of them I wouldn't have a cell phone.

Before the Rumble thing this morning I was getting kicked off of discussion forums and such (I OWN these forums- it said that I was BANNED). Couldn't post comments on YouTube. What the heck. Finally figured out it was my Norton antivirus. Crap.

I hate technology.

Dale

Bigbass201

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 09, 2022, 08:46:02 AM
Quote from: Bigbass201 on January 09, 2022, 07:46:32 AM

Dale

Thanks. We are still sans grandkids. But even if we had a pile of them I wouldn't have a cell phone.

Before the Rumble thing this morning I was getting kicked off of discussion forums and such (I OWN these forums- it said that I was BANNED). Couldn't post comments on YouTube. What the heck. Finally figured out it was my Norton antivirus. Crap.

I hate technology.

Dale

Well that makes sense.  Those antivirus programs can cause some havic.

Pferox

Wanted to show you guys something.
This guy's name is John.  He does nothing to his videos except make them and put them on you tube.  He has one heck of a following.  He even gets mentions by other YT video creators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-QoNoKmOS8

I was thinking that besides hawking Ultimate Bass, we should be promoting the other You Tubers that are here in our videos, kind of like spreading the wealth.
A little smack going back and forth might get the interest up in the vids and thus the site also.

Never know.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim