UB'ers turned YouTuber's Support Thread Chapter 2 (2022)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, December 30, 2021, 03:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Sorry gang, been pretty busy behind the scenes, but,,,, I did manage to shoot a video and just wrapped up editing and its exporting right now. Throughout 2022 I will be providing my viewers with Bank Fishing "How To" videos specific to South FL.  Let's see how it goes. My channel I think is finally gaining some traction,  ~sweat ~sweat

Bigbass201

R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

Capt. BassinLou

Man,,,, ever had one of those moments where an idea brick hits you out of no where?  ~b~  Just had one of those ohhhh,,,,, moments. My video presenting format is going to be changing a bit.  ;)

FD

With the time crunch I have voluntarily subjected myself to lately,  ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ I had to stop everything else this morning and get a video edited and out. 

Another short and sweet Rod Shop video that should help everyone catch more fish this weekend.

Now back to my other 2 fulltime jobs.... ~roflmao ~roflmao
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

The more I record with a chest mount, the more I don't like it. So after researching the topic I decided to check out the "stunt man" over the shoulder mount instead. Found a cheap one on Amazon. I will keep you guys posted.

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 13, 2022, 11:55:15 AM
The more I record with a chest mount, the more I don't like it. So after researching the topic I decided to check out the "stunt man" over the shoulder mount instead. Found a cheap one on Amazon. I will keep you guys posted.

I think Lou has been influenced by Inspector Gadget

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on January 13, 2022, 12:46:48 PM

I think Lou has been influenced by Inspector Gadget
Lol!! Inspector Gadget sure was creative.

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

FD

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 13, 2022, 12:54:41 PM
Huh...?

Dale
Being you haven't watched network TV since MASH went off the air...you missed a few things

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

Uhhh...

I feel stupid all the time lately. Folks have conversations around me and they might as well be speaking Martian. I don't get stuff. I don't do "current events". I don't get anything. I just may be the happiest person on this forum.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

FlatsNBay

Anybody see the Dave Mercer (MC for the Bass Elite tournaments) interview of Pro Randy Blauket? They dove into how successful Randy Blauket's YouTube channel is and the fact that all he does to make his videos is to simply record from his cell phone and that he does minimal editing. I thought it was interesting. I think that the reason for his successful channel is that it is so different than most of the other fishing videos out there. It's just a guy talking fishing. Brilliant!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

I thought is was a great podcast. Randy and I are of an age, with some of the same views on the world. Some. And he shows how simple this can really be. Simple, sometimes, sells.

Dale

Steve81

I have a shoulder mount. I don't use it much but it's definitely a different perspective. It think is is perfect for days when you know you are going to be on a flipping bite. One those days, at least with me, the top of the hookset puts the hands/reel right in the middle of the frame and blocks everything else. With the shoulder mount, you get everything. The drawback is that the side of your face is always in the shot. That means you can't pick your nose anymore.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Steve81 on January 14, 2022, 12:10:42 AM

I have a shoulder mount. I don't use it much but it's definitely a different perspective. It think is is perfect for days when you know you are going to be on a flipping bite. One those days, at least with me, the top of the hookset puts the hands/reel right in the middle of the frame and blocks everything else. With the shoulder mount, you get everything. The drawback is that the side of your face is always in the shot. That means you can't pick your nose anymore.

Thanks for the input Steve.

D.W. Verts

big g

I know little to nothing about video production or video web sites, but I am curious.  I ask this only because of the time, work, and money that goes into the production of these vids.  Is there money to be made through having a web site that is followed by a certain number of subscribers.  I can't for the life of me see any other reason people would subject themselves to the time it takes to develop a successful video fishing web site.  I do realize the work you guys do to produce a quality vid, and I thank you for it!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

Quote from: big g on January 14, 2022, 02:07:16 PM
I know little to nothing about video production or video web sites, but I am curious.  I ask this only because of the time, work, and money that goes into the production of these vids.  Is there money to be made through having a web site that is followed by a certain number of subscribers.  I can't for the life of me see any other reason people would subject themselves to the time it takes to develop a successful video fishing web site.  I do realize the work you guys do to produce a quality vid, and I thank you for it!

Yes, there is money to be made, eventually, from a number of sources.  But there are other goals that can be accomplished as well with a successful YouTube channel.

D.W. Verts

I like to teach people stuff and I like to B.S. Not necessarily in that or any certain order.

Dale

big g

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 14, 2022, 03:43:24 PM
I like to teach people stuff and I like to B.S. Not necessarily in that or any certain order.

Dale

I just don't understand that response!!!!    ???
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

D.W. Verts

Yeah G, anyone that's read my drivel over the last four years here on UB understands that I can Blow Smoke with the best of them. But I feel the need, for whatever reason (and I've been accused of being a show off, NOT true) to pass stuff on. From bass fishing to trapping to my traditional archery and even my arrowhead hunting, well, I've got a LIFETIME in these pursuits. So I'm gonna share.

Making it interesting in YT videos however, that may be the biggest challenge to date.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

I haven't started going through yesterdays footage yet, but its going to be different that's for sure. I forgot my powerstick.  ~b~ ~b~
Fortunately, I carry the chest mount in my camera bag. Let's see how this goes.  ~sweat ~sweat

Steve81

Quote from: big g on January 14, 2022, 02:07:16 PM
There is money to be made for some that truly leverage every little bit out of their channel and have the time to do so.

I am not into that so much. I make videos because I like to teach people. It's as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk