UB'ers turned YouTuber's Support Thread Chapter 2 (2022)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, December 30, 2021, 03:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 14, 2022, 04:43:34 PM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on February 14, 2022, 03:26:12 PM
Tried something totally new on my latest video that dropped over an our and a half ago. I promoted my first contest. A Free 4 hr Charter in the Everglades, and someone found the correct answer in less than 30 min!!  :o :o I guess if the motivation is right, no question is too hard to find.  lo
Very cool of you to do that Lou. Hope it leads to many paying clients for you down the road. 

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim, the strategy worked for me on my previous business. Won't hurt me to do this from time to time.  :)

D.W. Verts

If you get a request to do a YouTube/Google survey and say "yes", you best have a cup of coffee or a glass of whiskey, and maybe some sort of food item handy  'cuz it's gonna take a while. Sheesh.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Capt. BassinLou

I know its been a spell, just wrapped my latest video with my channel's first contest winner. We had a blast!! Dropping soon.  ;)

D.W. Verts

I dropped (dropped? Where does THAT come from, anyway?) a new fishing video yesterday. How to "play" a bass in heavy cover. Pretty boring stuff. But a video, nonetheless.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on February 26, 2022, 08:47:07 AM
I dropped (dropped? Where does THAT come from, anyway?) a new fishing video yesterday. How to "play" a bass in heavy cover. Pretty boring stuff. But a video, nonetheless.

Dale

lo lo YouTube lingo Dale!!  ~b~

FD

Quote from: D.W. Verts on February 26, 2022, 08:47:07 AM

Dale
It's actually from the Golden days of vinyl records production.  Where you "dropped" a record on a turntable.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

D.W. Verts

Yeah, you "dropped" the needle. I remember that.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Busy editing weekend,  ~sweat ~sweat  my bass fishing outing while Python Hunters were hunting for snakes drops Wednesday.  ~shhh

Capt. BassinLou

I have learned that as a channel grows, YouTube (YT) unlocks or provides additional analytical information. As an example they provide demographical and peek activity data points which helps creators hone in their content. But I also just found out, that if your channel traffic falls below certain thresholds, those data points are removed.  :'( :'( 

Capt. BassinLou

Just wrapped up with my latest video, it drops tomorrow. I titled it Florida Everglades: March Madness, because the outing was NUTS!! Yes, I was fortunate to catch a good number of nice bass on camera, but the wind was crazy!! Thank goodness Premier Pro has a sound repair option and I was able to significantly reduce the wind noise without effecting my audio too much.

D.W. Verts

I'm just now putting up a new YT video on Hickbilly Fishin' where I gripe/complain/whine about the new technologies. Wait. Whoa. Hold up... No- I talk about the politics of trying to become a pro fisherman in the nineties. It's about Ranger boats too. Hope ya'll dig it. A little.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSVe7bajF0CwOXZtf32I63w

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

How do you edit video again?  lo lo I haven't put up a video for a few weeks, fortunately I shot some footage last week, lets see if I still remember how to do this.  lo lo

D.W. Verts

I've done something like 125 so far. I can edit videos in my sleep.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 03, 2022, 08:09:44 AM
I've done something like 125 so far. I can edit videos in my sleep.

Dale
You don't have to rub it in.

D.W. Verts

FD

Dang, I just hit 50 on the fishing channel. 6 on the rod building.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Capt. BassinLou

My channel is still an infant with only 34 vids. It continues being a heck of a journey though. Wrapped up my latest video earlier this morning. It will drop at 4pm today.

big g

Another great job with the Pea vid.  Action and good teaching points.  Well done my friend!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on April 04, 2022, 10:42:36 PM
Another great job with the Pea vid.  Action and good teaching points.  Well done my friend!

Thank you George.  ~beer~

FD

I know this took longer than it should have, but the showcase thread is now active and a sticky at the top of Dock Talk.  PM Lou if you want your channel to be shown there.

D.W. Verts

I know I'm an idiot. I get it. At least where technology is involved, and there I struggle. Wait, that means that I struggle with lots of stuff. Point is, I'm back to having problems with uploading- the video software won't let me "sign in" to Google/YouTube even though I already am. Signed in I mean. This last few days has been trying. I don't think or see how it's ME (famous last words).

Just ranting. Peace.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Remember this thread??  lo lo Wanted to take a moment and extend Happy YouTube Channel Bday's wishes to Hickbilly outdoors and AE Fishing YT channels. The 3 of us started our channels in July of last year. I know you guys are "big time" now with managing more than one YT channel,  ;) lo ~beer~ but it all started here a year ago and I wanted to recognize you guys for it.  ~beer~

I also wanted to recognize Steve81's channel for going over 1k subs, as well Dale's other channel that's over 1k subs . Wtg guys!!  ~c~

In my case, my channel is moving along, I just went over 200 subs, and have learned a lot about shooting YT videos this past year. I have knew found respect for the amount work that goes into a making a video. Although the jury is still out if my content is any good or not,  lo lo but a good amount work and time goes into each of my projects.

My focus for this year will be expanding on the production side of the my video's. Work on doing a better job on explaining and "showing" what I'm doing versus telling. I have tendency to "tell" what I'm doing a lot.

Looking forward to creating new content, and hopefully the channel continues to grow.

Later.

D.W. Verts

Thanks Lou. You "tell" very well though.

Yup, a year ago today with my first video coming out on the 16th. I said that after a year I'd decide of I wanted to continue. Hmmm.

My FIRST YT channel, Dale Verts, is five-something years old. Wonder what could have happened if I'd have understood the intricacies of this interweb stuff? Wait- I STILL don't always understand.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Just found this out, can't believe it took me this long!!  ~b~ ~b~

FYI, another FREE Thumbnail Program besides Canva, is one called Adobe Express. It's pretty streamline and easy to use. Let us know if you like it.  ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

Researching ways to help small YT channels grow, I came across how Shorts can help drive traffic to a small creator's channel. Since I have so much spare footage, I figured what the hell. I have cranked out about 6 shorts today, and spaced out their drop dates over the next couple of days. My first short already has a 100 views and I picked up a subscriber. Maybe these can help, time will tell.  :-*

Shorts format are a little different, they can only be :59 sec long, and their dimensions on the screen are different requiring creative editing to capture the clip your trying to show.