January 2022 Home Front Activities and Carryings On's

Started by Donald Garner, December 31, 2021, 03:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Greetings to all,
:toot: ~shade Here we are January 2022  :toot: ~shade

To everyone I pray this New Year will bring much Happiness and Good Health to us all.  Be safe in your travels across our Great Land.  I look forward to seeing ya'll here daily when you have the time to stop in.

Don
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bassgal

Thanks for that nice greeting and blessing, may you have the same, happy new year (almost) lol.

topdsm0138

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Capt. BassinLou

I have been following your guys thread since its inception. @ Donald, love the concept and community you have created with this thread series. Are you guys taking in new members who would like to participate in 2022? I would enjoy taking part in the conversations this year if you will have me.

SHC286

Ahoy Captain!
If I'm not mistaken, and someone pretty please correct me if I am, I'm pretty sure this is a general chat thread for anyone on UB. Personally I've been wondering why we don't have more participants.
I for one come here just to catch up with my online friends and occasionally chat about fishing on the rare opportunity I get to actually hit the bank and cast a line.
If you notice, I actually talk very little about fishing these days. Because I do very little fishing these days. Every spare moment seems to be occupied with some new thing that seems to desperately need my attention, and by the time I'm finished reacting to one minor crises after the next, I'm just too spent to fish.
I went out recently, and just sat there holding my rod and reel and looking at the water. A fella cruised by in a little Jon boat and asked if I'd been catching anything. All I could say was "dust".

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: SHC286 on January 01, 2022, 08:33:53 AM
Ahoy Captain!
If I'm not mistaken, and someone pretty please correct me if I am, I'm pretty sure this is a general chat thread for anyone on UB. Personally I've been wondering why we don't have more participants.
I for one come here just to catch up with my online friends and occasionally chat about fishing on the rare opportunity I get to actually hit the bank and cast a line.
If you notice, I actually talk very little about fishing these days. Because I do very little fishing these days. Every spare moment seems to be occupied with some new thing that seems to desperately need my attention, and by the time I'm finished reacting to one minor crises after the next, I'm just too spent to fish.
I went out recently, and just sat there holding my rod and reel and looking at the water. A fella cruised by in a little Jon boat and asked if I'd been catching anything. All I could say was "dust".

Thank you sir!! Yes, this is an awesome general chat thread, I just wanted to see if it was ok to join the party.  :) ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

With that said, good morning guys, I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. It's a beautiful South FL morning here, everyone is still asleep, long night, and I will be indoors for most of the day editing video.

topdsm0138

Good morning.

Nephew wants me to take him fishing at the big pond where he lives (Port St Lucie) tomorrow. He wants to try out his new rod and reel.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone   8)

We're starting this first day of 2022 with overcast skies across Central Texas.  There is a chance of rain sometime later on today.  Our forecasted temps are 25-79dgrs with 84% humidity and a S wind @ 10mphs.  Its supposed to be down in the mid 20's tonight but we'll see what happens.

There is nothing planned for today at all.  It's looking to be a lazy day here which is ok by me.

Stratos Buddy; Tks for getting this thread posted for us  ~shade

Top; you got the boat uploaded and ready to go?  That Nephew is a waiting my good man.  Ya'll have a great trip  ~shade

Lou; this is an OPEN General Chat Forum and any member of UltimateBass is free to stop in and share his / her day with us. We look forward to you stopping in and sharing your day with us  ;)

SHC; My good man you dodge any arrows lately?  That is just crazy that happened.  Fishing and dust?  I've been out now 3 times here mostly teaching my son how to drive the Stratos.  We have stopped and fished a little bit while out though.  The skunk has set up residence unfortunately.

Bassgal; Tks for stopping by we hope that you'll stop in as often as you can.

Bud; Rodney; Hope ya'll made it through the night ok.  We had fire works going off at dusk and didn't end till 1am this morning.  We live outside of the city limits and we even have gun fire going off.

To everyone enjoy this first day of 2022.  Be safe in your travels as the Holiday Season winds down this weekend.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Mike Cork

Happy New Year everyone :toot: I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable evening. We played games with the grandkids all night and rang in the new year with Sparkling Apple Juice.... Damn I'm getting old  ~roflmao Just staying up that late was a miracle for me...

No fishing this weekend, high winds and storms today, low of 21 and high of 39 tomorrow  :shocking: thank the lord this kind of weather only lasts a day or two around here.

Hope everyone is whacking them ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

SHC286

No arrow dodging! Today's actually been an easy and uneventful day at work. Hope it stays that way, I've got one more stop to make then I'm headed home to hopefully put my feet up and may have a sip or two of maker's mark.

Bud Kennedy

Very busy today taking down and packing up all of the Christmas decorations both inside and outside.  Each year the decorating thing seems to take more energy but we will keep it up as long as possible.

Did not sleep all that well last evening and have been up since very early this morning.  Trying to stay up till my normal bed time of 11pm but my eyes are feeling pretty heavy from time to time.  Tomorrow being Sunday it should be a very slow day with no honey do items on my list.  I sure hope so.

Temps today was in the upper 70s again with some fairly stiff wsw winds at about 20 gusting to 25.  Cold front coming through tomorrow late afternoon marking the end to the couple week long warm spell.  Still not gonna be real bad but we will see a couple of nights down to the upper 30s but with the daily highs still in the upper 60s.  That is pretty much our normal winter time temp so it won't be too bad except for some very gusty winds with gusts near 40.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Some one left the front door open up in North Texas >:(   It is fricking cold here in Central Texas this morning  ~shade

We got Blue Bird Skies 23dgrs with a NW Blustery Winds @ 22mphs moving through the area  :surrender:
the high today is supposed to reach 44 dgrs.  Needless to say I won't be spending any time outside today.

The wife texted me early this morning letting me know if was Hot and very humid in Tampa Florida.  Pam is taking her out sight seeing today.  Dwayne and I are heading to church here shortly.  We're thinking about Texas Road House for lunch today.  The rest of the day will be spent in side watching TV.

Bud; Taking down Christmas Decorations seems to take longer than it does putting them up.  I remember those days a long time ago.  Winter has shown up here in Central Texas this morning.  It can leave anytime now.  Hope you have a relaxing day today. 
SHC; Hope you have a relaxing day today.
Rodney; How you doing this morning, hopefully the aches and pains are being kept in check.
Top; You out on the water with your Nephew this morning?  If so hope you guys have a great day.

To everyone have a Peaceful and Relaxing day today.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.

SHC286

No rest for the weary Don. Got rain, sleet and snow on Caney Lake and I've got equipment down.

Oldfart9999

Afternoon all!!! 25 headed to 13, snow flurries, we got about 3 inches overnight, blah. The back is acting up, the next procedure has been denied, they want a peer to peer with my Doctor, I'll get the approval but there will be a delay. I'll not go into a rant now, just say I don't understand it and I don't like it, they really can't give me a reason.
Good to see the newbies, always good to hear from others, will find a way to keep y'all straight. lo
HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!
Dale, not to worry about SHC, he's not contagious. lo
Lou, it's ok to talk about your warm weather and how tiring fishing almost everyday is not a problem, we'll enjoy the teasing we get about being cold and able to walk on water, wait till it's summer and 105 with matching humidity. >:D >:D ::)
Mike good to see you here. Hope you listen to Mother and get more fishing time in.
Bud, good to hear you're standing up for geezerdom and doing the hard work, congrats on getting the steering done.
Top, so did you take your nephew out? Interesting looking fish there.
Pferox, nice to see you here, been a while, hope all is well.
Donald, good for Mrs. Donlad to get away for a spell, are the little darlings back at school tomorrow? Hope you and Dwayne can get some fishing in.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

topdsm0138

Went to give my nephew his new rod n reel and tackle box (for Christmas) and take him fishing at the neighborhood lake. One of the neighborhood kids asked to go because he's never been fishing. Let him use my spinning rod, he caught his first two bass and loved it. Went home to ask his dad for his own fishing stuff. My nephew caught his first bass on his new rod and was really proud of it.

We now have two more inducted into our hobby/addiction.

Bud Kennedy

Big winds today with a few gusts hitting 60.  Mostly the wind is out of the NW steady at 25 gusting to just over 30-40.  Currently at 5PM the winds have died down to about 10 mph and not gusty.  Temps this morning at 7AM were 58 but dropping all day long.  currently temps are 46 with overnite lows expected in the lower 30s.  So all in all it was a cold blustery day but nothing like some of you folks are reporting in your areas.

Had a driving assignment today to drive miss daisy to her physical therapy.  A quick stop at the grocery store to pick up some orange juice and have been home the rest of the day.  I have got all the tender plants covered up so they don't freeze tonight.  Now it is time to walk the dog and then get supper ready.  Everyone have a great evening and stay warm.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas was 28 - 55dgrs with 34% humidity and a SE wind @ 7mphs.  Tomorrow is forecasted to be warmer high 30's for lows with mid 60's for the highs.

Real slow day for me at work.  I had an appointment with our Home Security Alarm Company this morning.  They spent 3 hours upgrading our security system.  Tomorrow is going to be another slow day for me.  All the teachers will be back conducting training and getting ready for the kids to return on Wednesday.   There's not much of anything for me to do during these In-Service Days.

Bud; See ya'll got a taste of this cold weather everyone else has been enjoying.  We're fixing to get back into somewhat a normal Texas Winter here later on this week.  Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Rodney; How's the back doing today?  Better I hope.  I have ya'll in my daily prayers.
Top; You make out onto the water today?
SHC; Anymore high adventures to share with us? 

To everyone have a Blessed & Relaxing day tomorrow.  Be safe traveling if you have to get out.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 20 headed to near 40, partly cloudy, 40s tomorrow with rain, most of the snow we got, 3 inches, will be gone. I dropped my wife's car off for service yesterday, she picked me up. I got the call to pick it up, it was done, my wife had to go to work so I got dressed, grabbed my cane and took a walk, about a 1/2 mile to pick it up and bring it home. I was a bit sore but not real bad. I hope to hear from the Doctor by the end of the week saying I have the approval for the diagnostic procedure. So, 2/3 or so days and all those what were going to start by because this looked like a great chat thread are where? It is a great chat thread. lo
Top, good job converting those kids!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Kids belong outdoors not vegetating on a computer screen!!!
Bud, good to see you made it through the high winds. How is Mrs. Bud doing, the PT workingand she is becoming more mobile?
Donald, all we're hearing is that the union doesn't want teachers to have to be submitted to possible covid in the classroom, I say fine, don't want to tech, don't want to get paid, the kids have already been screwed out of a years learning they'll never get back. Rant over. Any chance of getting out and wetting a line? The back is up and down, if I'm able I want to do a little walking each day, need the fresh air and the exercise.
Have a great day, be well!!! 

Princeton_Man

Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 02, 2022, 06:37:30 PM
Went to give my nephew his new rod n reel and tackle box (for Christmas) and take him fishing at the neighborhood lake. One of the neighborhood kids asked to go because he's never been fishing. Let him use my spinning rod, he caught his first two bass and loved it. Went home to ask his dad for his own fishing stuff. My nephew caught his first bass on his new rod and was really proud of it.

We now have two more inducted into our hobby/addiction.

That stuff right there is awesome!  ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SHC286

Dragged my wife to Lowe's, Home Depot, and Best Buy last night. Told her to pick out the washer and dryer she wants. I was shopping for a welder and pressure washer too.
I guess we're just getting too picky. I found a pair of work gloves at Home Depot I liked. That was it. Left the house prepared to spend about three grand on appliances and other odds and ends. Bought some gloves.
I did find a stick welder I want, but by that point about 7 in the evening, I'd only had a pop tart about twelve hours earlier. I was ready to eat or face plant, so we hurried out to eat. Went to Applebee's and it was quite gross, but I managed to choke down something to keep me going.

Princeton_Man

Well, I'm still catching up. Looks like we're all getting bitch slapped by Winter. We got about 8" of nasty white stuff early Monday morning along with some high wind gusts, my boys who both live Northeast of us in Louisa and Fredericksburg, got it worse. 12"+ of heavy snow power outages and an overall major mess up that way. I suspect home standby generators will be on both their shopping lists in the very near future. We dropped into the teens overnight and it looks like another slap is headed our way for Thursday night.

Bud, you're living in paradise!

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

Quote from: SHC286 on January 04, 2022, 07:01:51 AM
Dragged my wife to Lowe's, Home Depot, and Best Buy last night. Told her to pick out the washer and dryer she wants. I was shopping for a welder and pressure washer too.
I guess we're just getting too picky. I found a pair of work gloves at Home Depot I liked. That was it. Left the house prepared to spend about three grand on appliances and other odds and ends. Bought some gloves.
I did find a stick welder I want, but by that point about 7 in the evening, I'd only had a pop tart about twelve hours earlier. I was ready to eat or face plant, so we hurried out to eat. Went to Applebee's and it was quite gross, but I managed to choke down something to keep me going.
I've been shopping for a stick welder for a few years to go along with my Hobart Mig. It's not a priority, I probably wouldn't use it more than a couple times a year and I've managed without one for many years. I keep watching for an old Lincoln 230 AC/DC to pop up in the local FB selling groups. I see lots of old AC units, but people seem to hang onto the AC/DC ones. WHat are you looking for?

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 04, 2022, 07:19:40 AM
I've been shopping for a stick welder for a few years to go along with my Hobart Mig. It's not a priority, I probably wouldn't use it more than a couple times a year and I've managed without one for many years. I keep watching for an old Lincoln 230 AC/DC to pop up in the local FB selling groups. I see lots of old AC units, but people seem to hang onto the AC/DC ones. WHat are you looking for?

Those old Lincoln buzz boxes were great, we sold a bunch back in the day. Most every farm, rual garage and home tinkerer has one.
Rodney

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on January 04, 2022, 07:45:04 AM
Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 04, 2022, 07:19:40 AM

Those old Lincoln buzz boxes were great, we sold a bunch back in the day. Most every farm, rual garage and home tinkerer has one.
Rodney
I grew up with one, It's all they had in VoAg and shop class and as you said, every farm had one. There are many old barn finds still waiting to be discovered and sold.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club