A Big 'Ol Box of Doc Irv Custom Plastics

Started by D.W. Verts, January 20, 2022, 03:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

I made two orders from Doc Irv when he came up with a plan to support the Adopt A Family program. Doc donated half of the money spent back to UB, which was a pretty alright deal. I finally got to the box today (it came Tuesday but I've been a little under the weather).  A HEAVY box, layered with bags of Doc's baits. The invoices alone weighed a half a pound.

Doc sure makes some pretty baits. I ordered a bunch of 3" & 4" single tail grubs from him, because you can't beat the deal and having your own custom colors is the coolest plan ever. I also ordered a bunch of my absolute favorite, old-school G-Tail worms and some of his Chicken Foot worms- both big-bass catchin' mothers. A few tubes and these "Centipedes" rounded the order out. 55 packages of baits in all (I think that was some kind of record). Doc also isn't stingy with the worm oil- it was OOZING out of the box. A beautiful sight, for sure.

So once again, THANK YOU to Doc Irv for his efforts to help a great cause, and for making some truly tremendous CUSTOM lures. If you've never seen his stuff you need to check him out. Peace.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Blacknredflake

I like that G tail!!!

Looks like I need to make a wish list and leave the big box store stuff alone!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

D.W. Verts

Those Gator Tails have been my go-to big bass bait for about 39 years. When it finally gets HOT I got to the 10"(or larger) worms (and Doc makes those too) but before and after that it's the G-Tails for me. A lot of the younger crowd are saying "ho-hum" but they're missing out.

Dale

zippyduck

The one with the arms was called a sensation made by BPS years ago. It caught me lots of bass dragging it over Hydrilla.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Donald Garner

Doc makes some great soft plastics for sure.  I've like using his crawtube softplastics for flipping and pitching.  Tks for sharing that picture with us.  I've been looking for those Gator Tails all over the place and haven't found any :'(   

I now know where to order them.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

D.W. Verts

Zippy, the ORIGINAL was called a SINsation and was a Mister Twister bait. Doc's are a little bulkier and are tremendous when flipped in the heavy stuff.

Dale

Oldfart9999

Nice haul Dale!!! Good looking baits there!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.