Micropterus salmoides

Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: Forum updated, problems HERE if you see any!

Old Pharts Selling Boats

(Read 502 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

tooboocoo

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Because of health issues I'm going to have to sell my beloved Ranger this year. I am unable to offer a test drive, and I hate to pay for a consignment sale at a dealer. I'm not going to let a stranger drive off with my boat to a lake or a mechanic. Do I have any other options? Thanks

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Sorry to hear you are having to sell your Ranger.  Kind of a sticky situation not letting a potential buyer get a test ride.  I would think about the only thing you could do is to have a dealer go over your boat and provide some form of certification about its overall condition.  A motor print out record and service record also go a long way towards making the boat a safer buy.  If you could offer some kind of limited warranty based on the dealer condition report that might satisfy some buyers.  All I can say is without a test ride it makes it a bit more risky for the buyer.

Princeton_Man

• My Mission is goin' fishin'
Very sorry to hear, tooboocoo.

X2 what Bud said.
Condition and appearance will help sell it, but if you can get a reputable shop to go over it, provide an engine report, and a statement of condition, it'll help a lot. Any possibility you'd have a trusted friend or family member do the pulling and test rides?

Given the circumstances, You might try selling it to a dealer. You'll have to leave some meat on the bone, but it's a sellers market right now, component shortages are slowing new boat availability and helping drive the market.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
What is it? Model, year, etc. Maybe we can help. Maybe someone here would be interested? Maybe?

Dale
Hickbilly Bass Fishin' and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

Pat Dilling

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
I agree with the others about getting some proof of the boats condition.  If I was a buyer, and a seller told me I could not take it for a test drive or to a mechanic, I would lose interest pretty fast.  Would you buy a boat you could not test or have inspected?  Selling to a dealer and being done with it is also a pretty good option.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

tooboocoo

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
I agree with the others about getting some proof of the boats condition.  If I was a buyer, and a seller told me I could not take it for a test drive or to a mechanic, I would lose interest pretty fast.  Would you buy a boat you could not test or have inspected?  Selling to a dealer and being done with it is also a pretty good option.

Ironically, I bought this boat without a test drive or mechanics ok. Drove over 200 miles to pick it up. Best boat I've ever owned.