New here from Indiana Transplant to Winter Haven Florida

Started by Larry Francis, January 11, 2022, 07:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Francis

Hello Everyone.
They said I should do the get to know Ya thing so here you go.

I used to do the Bass Club thing and some Local Tournaments years ago. Kinda got out of it and went about 20 years without fishing at all. I retired a couple years ago and moved to Florida last year as a full time resident So Of course I bought a Tracker Boat and started fishing again. It's Florida who wouldn't. No more Tounaments for me but just looking for Bigs.
My PB is an 8.8 lb out of Northern Indiana (which is extremely rare) and a 6.5 lb Smallie out of St Clair. Both on the wall. Trying to break the 10 lb LM is my current objective.

I have found there is a huge difference in Florida LM and and northern strain. It has been quite the adjustment for me.

Anyway looking forward to so good fishing content and talk.

Larry
Molon Labe

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

TNDiver

Welcome!  Feel free to ask questions, especially in our Florida board.  Lots of guides and good fishing folks there and great with answering questions. 
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB!! Join us over on the Florida forums. FD is one of the guys you need to talk too.

FD

Welcome Larry!  Glad you made it over here.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

topdsm0138

Welcome to Florida. Land of coconuts, alligators and retired people.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Smallie_Stalker

Hey Larry, Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.  

I see you have already found the New Member's Contest. and I will get your name in the hat for the drawings as soon as I see you have the 5 posts required to play!

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

We're looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member. 

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

Larry
Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here ~c~ ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Larry Francis

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 11, 2022, 11:35:38 AM
Welcome to UB!! Join us over on the Florida forums. FD is one of the guys you need to talk too.
I actually have met and fished with FD. He took me out on one of his Veterans Free Trips. Even made a Video of us on Cypress Lake and Hatch. Yeah FD is the Man. Taught me how to power punch ( I made up that term ) Helped me catch more fish though.
Molon Labe

FD

Quote from: Larry Francis on January 13, 2022, 06:55:14 AM
I actually have met and fished with FD. He took me out on one of his Veterans Free Trips. Even made a Video of us on Cypress Lake and Hatch. Yeah FD is the Man. Taught me how to power punch ( I made up that term ) Helped me catch more fish though.
Ooohhhhh!

"Power Punch"  I'm stealing that term Larry. Thanks!

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Larry Francis

Quote from: FD on January 13, 2022, 07:32:00 AM
Ooohhhhh!

I caught a couple that way since then and one hell of a Dogfish (Bowfin) on Kissimmee. lol 
Molon Labe

Gatorbait

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou  on January 11, 2022, 11:35:38 AM
Ooohhhhh!

.  Power punch sound like a good bait name hmm ~b~ :-*

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Gatorbait on January 13, 2022, 09:34:27 AM
Ooohhhhh!

I believe Power Punch is a beverage that was first created at one of our Ultimate Bass Guntersville rallies. ;D
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Larry Francis

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 16, 2022, 12:26:01 PM
Ooohhhhh!

I believe Power Punch is a beverage that was first created at one of our Ultimate Bass Guntersville rallies. ;D

I think we need a Power Punch Rally in Florida then. Either Kind
Molon Labe

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Larry Francis on January 17, 2022, 07:08:51 AM
Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 16, 2022, 12:26:01 PM
Ooohhhhh!

I think we need a Power Punch Rally in Florida then. Either Kind

We are actually working on that.  ~shhh ~shhh  ;)