FORUM MAINTENANCE, DOWNTIME

Started by TechAdmin, February 16, 2022, 08:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechAdmin

The forum will experience an unknown amount of downtime in about 6 hours due to an extensive database maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
More informations here: http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=156908.0
Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

TechAdmin

The task has been completed, welcome to UTF-8 charset.
Nothing (or close to nothing) has changed, but under the hood the whole database has been overwritten from scratch. Long time overdue, it worked without issues, which is also remarkable given there's almost always something that gets in the way ~rant
But yeah, sorry for the ~2hours downtime, now onwards to more improvements, stay tuned v~
Currently Tech Admin on here, you can also call me Flavio :) ...Yes, I am friendly! (Maybe) :P

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Capt. BassinLou

Smallie_Stalker

Well done Flavio!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FD

Awesome!  Thanks Flavio 

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Mike Cork

I don't think most of us know what an undertaking this was. Laurie was so afraid to do it as she just knew the site would crash. Yeah there is always a back up, but still.

Once again, great job Flavio ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

TechAdmin

I'd rather step aside and call for help than crash this thing after you put so much effort into it for so many years - this forum is nearly TWENTY years old, the fact that it's still so much active already makes it one of the best I've ever seen. I also put a lot of work into it, even though nowhere near as much as you did, you carried the weight for such a long time it's only good you got some backup force by now ;) We'll make it work.

Donald Garner

Flavio and all those involved great job on getting the update completed. ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

FD

Quote from: Donald Garner on February 17, 2022, 08:18:19 PM
Flavio and all those involved great job on getting the update completed. ~c~
Thanks Don, but it was all Flavio.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

topdsm0138

Quote from: TechAdmin on February 17, 2022, 04:46:43 AM
The task has been completed, welcome to UTF-8 charset.
Nothing (or close to nothing) has changed, but under the hood the whole database has been overwritten from scratch. Long time overdue, it worked without issues, which is also remarkable given there's almost always something that gets in the way ~rant
But yeah, sorry for the ~2hours downtime, now onwards to more improvements, stay tuned v~
Thanks for the work and effort you put in.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

bigjim5589

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

TNDiver

There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

big g

Flavio, I have a quick question.  Why do I have to log on every time I leave the site when it might be just for five minutes.  I'm logging on 10 times a day when I have consistently hit the button that says Forever!  Drives me nuts, probably a simple fix, but not for me! ~b~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

D.W. Verts

I STAY logged on. Is that wrong?

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

FD

Flavio is out for a few days but he will be back soon to answer your question G.

TechAdmin

I can answer but I'm afraid there's not much to it, given nobody else has it, it's 100% on your end. Try a different browser and make sure you accept cookies because it seems like you are rejecting them or using some kind of incognito mode. Among your cookies you can check for (as in, you should have) one called "SMFCookie80", that's ours. If you don't have it, you're blocking it somehow, and "how" is up to you to figure out, the best I can do was to give you the abovementioned pointers.

FD

G,

Are you using your phone or computer?

big g

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

TechAdmin

Which reinforces the thought you have synchronized settings on that browser account, blocking or automatically deleting cookies.

D.W. Verts

Man. Deleting "cookies". There ought to be a law.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

big g

Thank you guys for trying to help with this little PITA.  How will things change if I change the setting to allow cookies?  Do most members allow cookies?  If it is a danger I will just keep logging in ten times a day!  Thanks again guys for your help.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 23, 2022, 02:28:22 PM
Man. Deleting "cookies". There ought to be a law.

Dale

It's not the kind you eat. lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.