Top 3 ~ 5 Lures from the Bank for Spring ?

Started by chrisD46, April 02, 2022, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

It could be your top lures for pre-spawn , spawn or post - spawn in the Spring (depending on where you live) ... What are your current favorite Spring  lures to throw  from shore ?

Johntom2k

Zoom trick worm, spinnerbait, red and black crank bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A bad day of fishing is a better day at work.

Smallie_Stalker

Jerkbait, lipless crank, regular crank or bladed jig, and something bto drag bottom - jig or T-rig mostly

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

D.W. Verts

Right now? Below 50 degrees a 3 or 4" curly tail on about an eighth ounce head, and a Chompers/Hula Grub.
Above 50 degrees a spinnerbait, live rubber jig and pork frog (I'm an old guy, but that makes me SMARTER than the young 'uns) and a spinnerbait. Then, besides the jig and frog, a spinnerbait. Oh yeah- I'll also have a spinnerbait tied on.

Upper 50's to low/mid 60's (spawn)- Spinnerbait (don't tell me I'm not versatile). Buzzbait (see?) A 4-6" lizard or a Gitzit (tube). The jig and frog (again) A soft jerk bait. A 4" Rapala minnow. Maybe a swim jig.

Post spawn (late 60's, low 70's) Buzzbait. Bladed jig. 6-7" plastic worm. Jig and frog (I know...). Creature bait of some type or another. Definitely a swim jig (killer on post spawn and fry guarders) And any kind of topwater plug (I like a Spook or a prop bait).

Mr. Versatile is what I am. I didn't say jig and frog in the later part because a guy can't give it ALL away.

A bunch of folks will say "wacky worm" during this whole period. Okay.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 02, 2022, 03:24:39 PM
Right now? Below 50 degrees a 3 or 4" curly tail on about an eighth ounce head, and a Chompers/Hula Grub.
Above 50 degrees a spinnerbait, live rubber jig and pork frog (I'm an old guy, but that makes me SMARTER than the young 'uns) and a spinnerbait. Then, besides the jig and frog, a spinnerbait. Oh yeah- I'll also have a spinnerbait tied on.

Upper 50's to low/mid 60's (spawn)- Spinnerbait (don't tell me I'm not versatile). Buzzbait (see?) A 4-6" lizard or a Gitzit (tube). The jig and frog (again) A soft jerk bait. A 4" Rapala minnow. Maybe a swim jig.

Post spawn (late 60's, low 70's) Buzzbait. Bladed jig. 6-7" plastic worm. Jig and frog (I know...). Creature bait of some type or another. Definitely a swim jig (killer on post spawn and fry guarders) And any kind of topwater plug (I like a Spook or a prop bait).

Mr. Versatile is what I am. I didn't say jig and frog in the later part because a guy can't give it ALL away.

A bunch of folks will say "wacky worm" during this whole period. Okay.

Dale
What Dale? No spinnerbaits?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bklyn Basser

what I use all the time

BPS 5   3/8" Stik-o  any color that begins with Green   Wacky or t rigged
Culprit 7 inch Fat Max
Big Bite Baits  8 inch large Finesse worm
Big Bite Baits  YoMama
Big Bite Baits Swimming Craw
I have some jig heads I use with them also 
5 inch Cabela's swimbait

I USE THESE BAITS YEAR ROUND

big g

Since I bank fish at least 5 days a week I am very familiar with this topic.  I will first say the lake and the conditions will determine what you can use when bank fishing.  All my lakes are deep with heavy pad field, and weeds of all types extending out from the bank for twenty feet and then a deep drop-off wall.  This makes it difficult to use treble hooks without losing your bait.  These lakes are not sprayed and void of veggies.  Because of this I use mostly plastics.  My top five are:
1). Zoom fluke
2). Senko type baits
3). Trick worms Tx Rigged & wacky
4). Swimbaits
5), Frogs HB and swim frog
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

bassgal

Spring in N.C. is good to use lipless cranks, square bill cranks, jigs, jerk baits and those are some of my favorites.  I do use live bait, worms and minnows also.

bassjiggin1955

Jigs  Chatterbaits  Spinnerbaits Buzzbaits Zara spooks
Building and fishing jigs since 1977