Why BassCat?

Started by FlatsNBay, April 20, 2022, 02:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

What is it about your BassCat boat that you love so much and how does your BassCat compare to other boats that you've been in?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

For me, BassCat was the only manufacturer that told me that they would make sure that their boat would fit into the garage by changing a few things around in the boat and on the trailer. Secondly, the fit and finish is excellent. I am really impressed by the overall quality of my boat even though I bought their cheapest and smallest BassCat. Finally, the President of the Company, Rick Pierce is extremely knowledgeable about every single detail of every one of their boats. He is very approachable, and the customer service is top notch!

I'm not all that crazy about the lightning bolt striping and think it looks outdated, but many people do love the look so I can live with it.

Overall, I'm very happy that I bought a Basscat!

big g

Quality, and rough water ride.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

D.W. Verts

Probably the finest built bass boat in the world. No, it is. This comes from 20 years of selling, rigging and working on bass boats. Rick simply puts crap in his hulls that is huge overkill, but it shows. And no, I've never owned one.

And I probably never will. I was thinking about a low-hour used one, but that opportunity couldn't develop. I priced a 20'er at the local dealer, and even with my lesser rig than what most get it was $84,500  (200, no radar crap, no poles). Nope, not me. Sorry Rick.

Still, no one had ever made a finer product than the Bass Cat.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Eric-Maine

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 20, 2022, 11:20:08 AM
For me, BassCat was the only manufacturer that told me that they would make sure that their boat would fit into the garage by changing a few things around in the boat and on the trailer. Secondly, the fit and finish is excellent. I am really impressed by the overall quality of my boat even though I bought their cheapest and smallest BassCat. Finally, the President of the Company, Rick Pierce is extremely knowledgeable about every single detail of every one of their boats. He is very approachable, and the customer service is top notch!

I'm not all that crazy about the lightning bolt striping and think it looks outdated, but many people do love the look so I can live with it.

Overall, I'm very happy that I bought a Basscat!
Which one did you get Flats? That new puma looks

A friend of mine gets a new cat every year. I have fished out of nearly every model from the Margay to the Jaguar. I haven't seen or fished from that one.
The Caracal and the Jaguar are too deep in the cockpit for me though I could definitely use the exercise. Both were awesome on Erie. 

The Eyra is my favorite model so far though the garage friendly Margay might get a look if we get a house in Florida.

Not a big fan of the triangles. Fit and finish well done and well thought out

Do you know if Bass Cat builds their trailers?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

Bass Cat builds their trailers.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

Eric-Maine

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 20, 2022, 05:39:33 PM
Bass Cat builds their trailers.

Dale
Thanks, good to know.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

Eric, I got the Margay.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

D.W. Verts

They also build as good a trailer as anyone in the world. I just can't afford one.

Dale

Wizard

Sorry I'm late to the thread. I have a BassCat Puma. I bought it as a fully rigged PROFESSIONAL bass boat designed for flipping and pitching. I had fished Ranger for 30 years and sometimes fished for Ranger. It's hard not to fish for Forrest when your family is from Flippin, Ark. When Forrest sold Ranger, I switched to BassCat. EVERYTHING is built or made in-house. Trailers, seats, proprietary resins...  Until my health worsened, Rick Pierce and I chatted frequently about boats, the boating industry, financial trends and common friends. When the pain in my back got really bad, Rick sent me an experimental fishing seat that is in development.  It is the only one to escape the factory. Forrest Wood and the Pierce family led the way in innovation and improvement in the industry. Today, there is not a bass boat builder that equals BassCat. The company offers demo rides around the country or a proud owner will help with a ride. Everything good said about a BassCat is true. If a bass boat can handle Lake of the Ozarks, it is a great boat.

Wizard

BassCatBates

very late to this thread.  BCB was an easy choice for me.  Stumbled into my first cat many years ago and in calling the company for things I needed it was quickly apparent that they really were a family, it wasn't just a saying.  Fast forward to my second Cat and nothing has changed except that everything has just gotten better.  You call and get a real person.  If someone makes a mistake they go above and beyond to make it right.  Great people and a great product.

Oh and did I mention I love passing people out on the water in my Sabre and them doing a double take to realize that their 21 footer just got passed by an 18 footer with a 150.
That NEVER gets old!!!!   ;D
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.