May 2022 Home Front Activities and Carrying On's

Started by Donald Garner, April 30, 2022, 09:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Good morning guys, back on duty for a couple of days.

As for the fish, I really don't know where they put them afterwards.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Greetings from Central Texas  ~shade
Bright sunny day with a little wind across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 71-91dgrs with 46% humidity and a SE wind @ 15mphs.  Tomorrow forecast is calling for 68-94dgrs with a SE wind @ 10mphs. 

Somewhat quiet day at school.  Testing finished up today so the Knot Heads and Lil Darlings will be running amuck next week.  We have 10 days left before Summer Break.  I'll be glad when they're all gone this includes the teachers too. 
Dwayne and I will be heading to Nolan Lake in the morning.  Tomorrow the G3 is going to get wet  ~c~

Got home from work yesterday and the wife informed me the AC unit wasn't working properly.  There was air coming out of the ducts but it wasn't cool or cold.  It was warm.  It made for a miserable night sleeping.  We had all the ceiling fans, floor fans running trying to cool the house down. 
The tech's came out late this afternoon spent 15minutes changing out a part and collected a couple hundred bucks from the wife.  The house is finally getting around to being cooled off.
Top; Weekend drill already? 
Rodney; Sure seems to me you get cut on Every Year about this time :-\  Well anyway I have you in my Daily Prayers.  Good luck on the upcoming surgery and finding the time to get your boat stripped down and sold.
Bud; Hope your day went well for ya.

To everyone have a safe and pleasant weekend ahead.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We're starting the day off with Blue Bird skies and forecasted temps of 71 - 95dgrs with
95% humidity and a SE wind @ 6mphs.

We're off to church here shortly.  Don't know about having lunch yet.  Its going to be a busy afternoon.  The school had a PROM last night.  My team and I have to go back in and set the cafeteria back up.  We're linking up at 3pm to get this done. 

We have a breaker issue here in the house all of sudden.  The AC unit repairs were made and it was working fine Friday night and early Saturday morning.   The power company had to make some repairs in the area Saturday morning.  When the power came back on the AC unit didn't.  Once again the AC repair guys showed up at 9pm and did a trouble shoot.  When we reset the AC breaker in the house the entire power went off in the house.  We tried a couple different things and the same results occurred.

So tomorrow I'll be calling around finding an electrician to come and check out the main breaker box.  We've lived in this place for 18yrs and never had this happen.  We replaced the entire HVAC system 2 yrs ago and up till Friday we've never had any issues.

Dwayne and I made  a trip over to Nolan Lake yesterday morning.  He managed to catch the only fish of the trip.  It was a short largemouth caught on a 3/8oz  Firetiger Willowleaf Spinnerbait.  The lake is at Summer Pool and looks like chocolate milk.  I damaged my trailer pulling it out of the lake.  One of the guide posts got bend as the boat slid off to one side while pulling it out of the water.  Sure would be nice if there was a ramp there.  We spent the afternoon getting all back together.

Hope everyone is having a pleasant and safe weekend.     
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

Decent weather day today although it got a tad warm this afternoon at 90.  Steady breeze kept the weather good with a medium humidity of 57%.  Weather guessers have a squall line passing through the area between 9 and 10 PM but will be all cleared out by tomorrow morning when we want to do the shake down cruise for the Ranger.  Tides are running a bit hard but not bad enough to cause any problems except when it is time to get back on the trailer.  Will just have to see how that goes.  Sometimes it can be a real bear to deal with.

The new dog and the cat are kind of operating in cautious manner but no dust ups have taken place.  The dog seems to care less and the cat is the one that seems unsure about the relationship.  LOL

I am really excited about the shake down cruise tomorrow.  I sure hope my repair activities have helped this situation.  This will also be the first outing with the new steering and I am curious how it works as well.  Even though it is cable steering it has a no feedback helm so it sounds like a bit of different feeling should be expected.  I'll report back on that one.

Donald Garner

Good evening from Belton, Texas  :)

Well it's Summer here even though it's not official ~shade  Our forecasted temps were 69-96dgrs with 34% humidity and a SE wind @ 12mphs.  It sure feels hotter than the temperature indicates  ~sweat ~sweat

It was all quiet on the School Front.  Today the school is having a Family Picnic for everyone.  I'm not attending the event.  I've learned from the past if I was there and something needs done they've always found me.  Now I just make sure the tasking I've gotten all the items are in place and things are coordinated for.

First thing this morning I made an appointment to have an electrician come out and check out our issue with our AC. He will be here first thing in the morning and I'll be glad.  My wife went and bought 3 more fans.  We got fans everywhere now.  Some rooms have more than one  ;)  Just curious to find out why the AC breaker is tripping all the other breakers. 

Got a text message just prior to getting off work.  Fishing for Freedom is back Operational.  The group called Army Bass Anglers are taking charge of the Operations Now.  This is great news.  More information to follow and once I get it I'll get it posted.

Bud; I got my fingers crossed for ya.  Hope the Ranger runs great and there's no issues with it.  You and the wife have a pleasant and enjoyable cruise tomorrow.  I remember when we got Solomon.  He was like 4 - 5 weeks old.  Milo had been with us for while.  Milo was pretty mellow with Solomon.  They were really great together as they grew up with one another.  I still miss them both.  Auggy is still getting used to being here.  I'm slowly getting around to messing with him.  I know he doesn't like his tail pulled lo  He hisses and growls at me when I do that  ;)

Alrighty guys ya'll have a relaxing evening and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

topdsm0138

Afternoon everyone. Well...Duty went well except I am being made to take another promotion/rank now. Didn't really want to but the Unit is restructuring and they need positions filled. Still not going to re-enlist. Two 6yr contracts is enough and wife won't stand for a 3rd. So, take the promotion and spend my last 2yrs training the next NCO to take my place before I walk away.

Been too busy to fish, with work and Duty as well. Just sooo dang tired....

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 50 headed to 60, partly cloudy, possible showers, it rained most of yesterday afternoon, we needed it, still do. Hopefully I can mow the haylot today and get the weedwacker out too.
Top, take the promotion and the raise in pay, you've earned it. Can you stay in the reserves? Your wife is tired and truth be known probably a bit afraid when you're deployed., Anyway, you're busy in your job.
Bud, hope you have a great day on the water!!!
Donald, hope the little darlings are disruptive to the point of vandalism. Sounds like the AC guys screwed up your electrical system. I'd send them the bill.  Yeah, I'm tired of getting cut, this will be the 6th time in 8 years and I'm looking at a shoulder replacement in a year or 2, I'm more tired of living in pain, I have very few pain free days though most times I can live with it. There are enough days I'm on drugs, opioids, that I need to be cut, I'm grateful for what the Doctors are able to do.
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney   
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bud Kennedy

It was a great day today.  Finally got the Ranger wet but did not do any fishing.  Purpose of the trip was just a shake down cruise for all the work I have been doing on the motor.  You can see my test results post in the outboard motor section.  The only thing I can say is the boat ride was spectacular and for the first time in a very long time I have absolutely no problems to report.  As you might imagine I am almost giddy with the results.  Just hope it stays that way at least for a while.

Not a bad weather day today with highs in the mid to upper 80s and humidity in the mid 40s  very nice but warmer and more humid weather is in the offing for the rest of the week.

This is Harley week at Myrtle Beach with many thousands of bikers in town spending a lot of money which is a good thing for our tourist economy.  This is the 85th annual Harley Rally in Myrtle Beach.  It has been toned down a bit from just a few years ago but there is still plenty of action going on all over the grand strand.  Hopefully the bikers stay safe and everyone can return again next year.

Donald Garner

Howdy from Belton, Texas  ~shade
Beautiful bright sunny day across our area today.  Forecasted temps were 70-95dgrs with 37% humidity and a SE wind @17mphs.  The rest of the week looks good for having lots of sun.  The temps are going to be in the mid 90's.  There is a change of rain on Saturday.

The electrician showed up at 8am and was on his way at 8:30am.  The AC was back in operation.  The breaker that was mounted to the exterior wall by the AC unit had to be replaced.  He opened up the cover and the whole inside was Black where the breaker had melted.  He changed out the whole box and trimmed the cables down to where there was a fresh connections.  It didn't take long to cool the house down.  I got home from work and was met with a Cold Blast of Air  ;)  The wife had her sweater on lo

It was a quiet day at the Fun Farm.  There's 5 1/2 days of school left and I can't wait till they're all gone.

Bud; Glad to hear you and the wife had an enjoyable river trip today.  I'll stop over in the Outboard Section and read you report.

Rodney; we need some rain over this way too.  You take it easy with the mowing and trimming don't over do it.  I don't know how that breaker melted, everything had to be replaced though.  I'm just glad it wasn't more than that issue.  The Knotheads and Lil Darlings will be acting up for sure starting next week.  Wednesday 25th is the last day of school here.
Buddy I got you in my daily prayers asking the Almighty to be with you.

Top; Congrats on the promotion.  I wish you the best during these times.

To everyone have a really pleasant and relaxing evening.

SHC286

I was on my way home from work today and decided to stop by Dairy Queen.
For those who may not know, DQ has a tasty ice cream they call the blizzard. Now, for some reason I can't quite fathom, they're supposed to flip it upside down before they serve it. I guess to prove it's ice cream and not a sloppy half melted mess?

I'm in line at the drive through, it's 92 degrees according to my truck, and I see blizzard after blizzard after blizzard coming out the window up ahead, each one being flipped upside down in turn before being handed to the customer

I get there, the guy at the window has my Diet Coke in one hand, bag holding the burger in the other hand, held them out the window and promptly flipped them upside down. Diet Coke went everywhere, burger came out of the bag and went to pieces in the puddle.

He looked at me, I looked at him. He says "Well ****. I've been serving too many blizzards." I just laughed and waited for another burger.
They made me another burger, got me another drink, then this dude says "here's a complimentary blizzard!"

Ah, good times.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 44 headed to 63, partly cloudy. The rain cleaned the air for a while, no pollen is good. ;D Mowed the lawn, weed wacked the weeds, sprayed the ants, sat on ice.
SHC, seems like everything is upside down why not the Blizzard? Been a while, how you be?
Bud, good news about the 'Rude, I'll read about it in a few minutes.
Donald, Good luck with the little darlings. That air sure must feel good after spending the day at the fun farm. Hope you and Dwayne can get out this weekend.
Rodney

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,
Bright Sunny Skies covered down on Central Texas today  ~sun ~sun ~sun  Forecasted temps were 70-95dgrs with 35% humidity and a SE wind @ 15mphs.  We got some wind heading our way these next two days.  The chance of rain has increase now also with this front moving in.

All quiet on the school front today.  I know it's coming though especially next week.  Wednesday is the last day of school and there's always chit happening. 
I had my semi annual dentist appointment after work today.  All good as well as can be.  The dentist thinks I need a crown and possible another implant.  I got other things I want to get done prior to shelling out the $$$ for dental work.  I'm not in any pain and I can still chew my food up pretty good  ;)

Rodney; Glad to hear you made it through the day without too much pain at the end. Yes sir that AC sure felt great sleeping last night.  I had to sleep under a sheet to knock the chill off  ~shade  There won't be any fishing this weekend if the weather forecast stays what being forecasted.

SHC; Glad to see ya on line buddy.  I see you had an adventure at DQ....wow at least they replaced your meal for free. Say how's the wife doing?  Well I hope.

Alrighty you guys have a relaxing evening today.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for ya'll.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! Happy Friday Eve to all you what work!!! 51 headed to 67, partly sunny, possible showers. Shopping day, sub day, run amok through Wegmans day, life is good.
Donald, sounds like you need the National Guard on hand next week, locked and loaded. You guys are sure having a run of bad weather, hope you get the rain you need to get the lake levels back up. Made it to the gym again and hope to get back there today.
Rodney

Bud Kennedy

My Wife has to be the Queen of negative thoughts.  Today she is all twisted up about her impending dental surgery tomorrow morning.  This event is for a root canal and as we all know this is not a fun thing to go through.

Today she was complaining about the cost of the surgery and the addition of a single tooth bridge deal to correct a small problem.  She has been researching potential costs and for some reason has come up with a price of $5K for the single tooth deal.  This is not an implant this is just a simple bridge.    Anyway this has her so irritated that nothing in her realm is good. She has commenced telling me what she is gonna do and not gonna do.  I advise her we don't know any of the cost potential other than the root canal and she should not start making up prices until she knows exactly what is gonna happen.  Hopefully she will settle down a bit afterher surgery and stop making up cost structures that have not basis in fact at this time.  I have advised her to wait until we know the details then we will address it.  I guess I am not surprised since she routinely goes off the deep end on similar things that she worries about with no factual information to justify her worry. 

Oldfart9999

Bud, I hope you survive the root canal, I'm sure after all is said and done Mrs. Bud will be fine and back to her honey-do lists.
Rodney

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 57 headed to 78, possible boomers, partly cloudy, sunny at the moment. Looks like another quiet day in upstate.
Have a great day, be wll, enjoy the weekend!!!
Rodney

Donald Garner

Greetings from Central Texas (Belton)
We got lots of sun shining across Central Texas presently  ~sun ~sun  Our forecasted temps for today were 73-98dgrs with 54% humidity and a SE wind @ 19mphs.  There's rain in the overnight forecast and into the next 4 days  ~rain

It was a real busy day for me today.  My entire day shift (-) one person left at 11:30 this morning.  They had already reached their 40hr week by then.  That left me and 1 other person to handle the lunch clean up duties for the 3 meals served today.  The school district isn't paying any overtime now.  If we come in and have to work extra they want us to go home early during the week.  To me going home early doesn't do me any good.  It just creates more issues with unfinished work. 
My night shift will be heading home early tonight also.  We all came in on Sunday afternoon to clean up from the Saturday night PROM.  My team worked 3hrs getting the place cleaned up and reorganized.  I used my 3 hrs. earlier in the week attending my acupuncture treatment. 

Rodney; Hope your Thursday outing was a good one.  We got rain in our forecast also.  I sure hope we get some.  We need it pretty bad all the Big Lakes are still well below Summer Pool.  It doesn't look like Dwayne and I'll be fishing this weekend due to the forecast.

Bud; Sure feeling bad for ya.  Hopefully your wife will come to her better senses. I know the out of pocket cost for a root canal for me was just under $200.00 dollars.  Of course I got some of that back once my insurance company got the bill.   I saw on line also and that price she's looking at is at the HIGH END of the procedure.  I'm sure you've gone on line yourself and seen this also.  Good luck with her getting through this.

Guys ya'll enjoy the weekend ahead.  Be safe traveling if you have to get out and about.

SHC286

All's good here y'all. Same stuff, different day.
I'm working too damn much, that's just the norm for me lately. But my retirement funds are loving the long hours and pay raise!
We're going on vacation the 27th of this month, my next day back to work will be the 7th of next month. We're going to Ouachita lake up there in Arkansas. We try to make it once a year, but missed out last year. Taking my buddy and his wife with us along with the youngest son. Going to do some camping and fishing.

My mom just had her last chemo treatment. I think she still has some radiation to do, I'm gonna call her tomorrow and catch up a bit. I've put it off a couple days because she already told Connie that last round was a real doozy. I figure I'd let her rest a couple days before I regale her with my tales of misadventures.

Connie is looking at carpal tunnel surgery in a few weeks. I believe the 16th. She's pretty sure that'll be the end of working for her but she's already filed for partial disability. Her rep said she definitely qualifies for full disability. Other than that, she's doing ok. Having some ankle problems.

I've got an above ground swimming pool set up and we've been really enjoying it. Only problem with it is that some of my chores are falling to the wayside. Haven't fished, lit the forge or cut the grass in a couple weeks. There's just something about kicking back on a float with an ice cold beer that makes ya forget you really should be doing something productive. But I justify it by reminding myself I work 60+ hours a week.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,
We're starting the day with cloudy skies with forecasted temps 60-94dgrs with 89%humidity and a SE wind @ 13mphs.  The winds are forecasted to be gusting at the 30mph range with a chance of thunderstorms later on today.  Not a day I'd want to be out on the lake.

Just got back home from getting our time sheets turned in.  I'm going to spend the day with the wife doing whatever she wants to do.

SHC; Tks for the update on your mother and wife.  Hope they both continue to improve on their health issues.  Enjoy the vacation time with your family and friends.
Be safe in your travels to and from Arkansas also.

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant weekend ahead.  Be safe traveling if your out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

The live oaks in the back yard are dancing in the wind this morning ~shade  Our forecasted temps for today are 63-76dgrs with 67%humidity and a N wind @ 11mphs.  There's a wind advisory out for the area throughout the day.  Rain chances have increased also with this front that moved into our area.

We're off to church here shortly.  Lunch destination hasn't been determined yet.  I'm going to get the yard mowed this afternoon before the rain arrives.  I spent the afternoon cutting down these trees bushes we planted in front of our house.  10 yrs ago we had a issue with people using our yard as a parking lot.  We planted 10 trees in the right of way.  Well now AT&T is coming in and digging and laying cable.
The chain saw made quick work of the trees. I got the cargo trailer loaded and ready for a trip to the land fill one day next week.

To everyone have a Blessed Sunday.  Enjoy the family time and be safe traveling.

Bud Kennedy

A nice quiet day today.  Started off warm with temps at 6AM at 75 moving up to the upper 80s around 11AM.  This afternoon a cold front approached from the west bringing a little bit of breezy conditions and very overcast skies.  About an hour ago we finally had a light shower but now the temps are down to 73 and it feels great.  It has been in the mid 90s most of the week so this is a nice break although not predicted by the weather guessers.

Me and the dog just came in from the garage where we have been sitting watching the rain and enjoying the cool breezes at least for a while.  We are doing steaks on the grill this evening  and other than that nothing else is planned.  I really love these do nothing days.  Even had a short power nap sitting in my chair.  You know how us geezers are. It doesn't take much for us to catch a little nap time snooze. 

The Harley rally is now over and most headed home first thing this morning.  I looked at the traffic cams on the internet and the roads heading out of the area were crowded and backed up.  This is the typical Sunday getaway traffic that we will see all summer.  Monday traffic is also the same way as a lot of folks choose to leave on Monday.   Tourist season is pretty much year around these days but the warm weather beach season is in full swing so the weekends are always booked solid and the weekdays are now about the same until it is time for school to start again.  We have another bike rally over the Memorial Day weekend that is totally different from the Harley crowd.  The Harley folks are mostly older people while the other week is mostly sport bikes and much younger people.  The younger folks are quite a bit more rowdy and can cause some problems with the traffic and the police.  This is just something that you have to accept when you live in a beach/tourist location.  This too shall pass.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 46 headed to 61, partly cloudy, quite a change from from a wet weekend with Saturday being hot, wet and loud with boomers.. Went to Chick-Fil-A Saturday, first time since they opened, won't be the last, what we had was quite tasty.
SHC, after a 60 hour week you need to kick back in the pool with a cold beer, enjoy. Sorry to hear about Connie, hope your Mom is better!!!
Bud, I understand the ability to nap anywhere in any position, can do it 4 or 5 times a day. Need to rest up so I have the strength to rest up. lo
Donald, no overtime? They nuts or what? Tough weekend with my joints, weather caused, yesterday was a quiet day spent on hydrocodone, nice visit with the youngest son and his pup though, we had lamb shanks celebrating my birthday, one of my favorites. Thursday I have a confab with the Doctor to see what my options are and recovery time, I'll be glad to get this over with. I wish the yard were big enough to use a small riding mower, have to do too much backing up and going forward and a zero turn won't help, guess I'll just keep pushing the walk behind. lo lo
Rodney     

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,
Its been windy and overcast most of the day today.  Forecasted temps were 70-86dgrs with 54% humidity and E wind @ 11mph.  They're forecasting rain later on tonight and into Wednesday.  I'll be glad when it gets here in our area.  We're bone dry.

I've taken the next couple days off to get this Gastrointestinal Procedure done on Wednesday.  I know ya'll have had this prior and so have I.  The prep day just sux's.
I got the restroom restocked with TP  ~shade  It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

Rodney; Glad to hear you're getting out and about.  Chick-Fil-A are pretty popular around our parts especially during the football seasons.  We eat there just about every Saturday when attending the Crusaders Football Games.  They have a place set up in the Student Activity Bldg. at the stadium.

Happy Birthday buddy glad the family was there for ya.  Lamb Shanks and all the fixings sounds tasty.  Best wishes for ya on the upcoming doctor's visit.  I have you in my daily prayers.

Bud;  Glad to hear you had a nice quiet day yesterday.  How's the wife doing?  Better I hope.  So when's the Ranger going to get wet again?

To everyone have a relaxing evening and I hope tomorrow is a better day for ya'll.   

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 47 headed to 67, partly cloudy, nice day!!! Not much going on, will be doing some work in the shop, will try to hit the gym later. I do the recumbent bike, adduction and rows, all sitting.
Donald, I remember my first colonoscopy, the day before when all the work happens, taking the laxatives and the rolls of TP. I was on the road, 50 or so miles from the shop when I got the phone call from the office, the Doctors office called with my instructions, don't eat lunch, too late, stop and pick up a 3 ounce bottle of  phospho soda and take an ounce and a half of it and also take a dozen Dulcolax tablets, I was in trouble. Every stop for the rest of the day was fill their toilet, then the hour and a half drive back to the shop, had to stop a couple of times but I made it back, showed one of the guys what was empty, left for home and took the next day off  for the procedure, what an afternoon. good luck with yours!!!
Rodney   

Bud Kennedy

another warm day in the lower 90s with humidity about 70%.  Breeze from the WSW but I would guess about 5-8mph.  Rain was forecasted but alas it did not rain.  we had a couple spritz events and that was about it.  Nothing else new to report.  The wife mowed the lawn this morning before it got too hot.  We did walk the dog a couple of times today.  Like I said not much was going on around here. 
Grocery shopping tomorrow and I do have to stop by and pay the boat storage rent for another month.  Wife has a dental appointment on Thursday and nothing else is planned for the week.  I have some odd jobs to do and hopefully  they don't somehow become a priority.  That kinda ruins the whole deal when an un substantiated priority pops up just because it can.  I'll do it when I am darn good and ready to do it  or ........Whenever she who shall be obeyed tells me to do it.   LOL