Let's Talk Bladed Jigs

Started by FlatsNBay, May 11, 2022, 08:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Which bladed jig do you like and what is your favorite trailer?

I've tried a lot of different brands and models over the years. My favorite brand is any of the Z Man Chatterbaits because the blade immediately starts to vibrate on the first crank of the handle. Many other brands take a few cranks of the handle to get a good vibration and thump.

I've tried most of the different actual Chatterbait models. I've used the more expensive Chatterbait Jackhammer at $15 and found it to work really well except color easily wears off the blade after a few fish. I think I'm happier with the Chatterbait Elite. It's much less expensive and still works really well. So far, I haven't had any issue with the paint on it yet.

Trailers: I love the Big Bite Baits Swim On. It has great action and matches up really well. It's inexpensive too.

What do you like?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Eric-Maine

I like the zman cross eyed chatterbait @ less than $10. The weed guard helps a lot in wood, hydrilla or spatterdock.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

Thanks for the tip Eric. I'll have to try that one.

I made a mistake in my original post. The one that I really like is the Chatterbait Custom (not the Elite)..You can get it with either a 4/0 or 5/0 hook

Capt. BassinLou

This is one lure I would really like to get into, but we just don't jive well together. Can't even  catch cold fishing with it. Lol !

rb-nc

Zman Jackhammer. Remove the skirt. Custom tie our own skirts. Mostly a shad color. 6th Sense swimbait trailer.

J.W.

ZMan. I sometimes save U-tail/curly-tail worms that are torn, cut off and throw away the torn up head-ends and use the rest as trailers. Works for Ned rigs, too.

Oh, and Chatterbaits will apparently catch the fire out of gaspergou.  lo

loomisguy

I like the Jackhammer the best.
The custom Zman that TW sells are good also and a lot cheaper. For trailers I like the Zako and the Z man copy , I think it's the Shad Z.

chrisD46

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on May 12, 2022, 08:52:07 AM
This is one lure I would really like to get into, but we just don't jive well together. Can't even  catch cold fishing with it. Lol !
I hear you ... I feel like a "bass whisperer" with a spinner bait but put a chatterbait in my hand and it becomes a different story (lol !)

big g

The only time I have had luck throw one was slow rolling it along the bottom.  A slow but constant turn of the reel, with no stops, and hitting everything along the bottom.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FlatsNBay

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on May 12, 2022, 08:52:07 AM
We are going chatterbaiting next time!

bassjiggin1955

I build these 1/2oz chatterbaits they work for me
Hybrid bluegill
Building and fishing jigs since 1977

Dink Dawg

The Jackhammer, Cross Eyes and Thunder Cricket cover it for me. Trailers I like are the Zako, SK Blade Minnow, Fat Impact and a really good one, Hog Farmer Spunk Shad.  I've got some Swimmons but haven't thrown them yet. The Spunk Shad and Zako are my favorites so far.

Larry Francis

I use mostly Zman but am searching for a Boneshaker which I hear is evidently magic.
Molon Labe