Kast King- Anyone else get this?

Started by D.W. Verts, May 16, 2022, 10:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

Email I received the other day-

Congrats!!!

You have been chosen to try our NEW-KastKing Verus Assassin Performance Casting Reel FOR FREE. Below the product link, please take it a look.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B...

If you are interested, please reply to our email within 48 hours, we will show you how to participate!

If you don't like this item and want to save the opportunity for other future products, that's totally fine. Just let me know and I'll note your response and find something else to invite you to try.

If you don't like this program, we will remove you from our subscription list and will not disturb you any more.

Thanks for your understanding and let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Mary

So I replied "sure", send me a free reel (I have several of them and have had zero issues with them). I then get THIS message-

Thanks for your reply and I am glad to hear you have interest about the item.
Here are the easy steps to get this item for free.
1. Place an order from this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B61TP96, and email me back the order number(please don't use any coupons).
2. To process a refund you will need a PayPal account. Once the item is received, please email us with the paypal account email address. We will refund the money to the provided paypal email within two working days.
The whole process is safe and reliable. We are committed to our customers and fans, and promise to refund you 100%. You can have peace of mind to know, that if for any reason you do not receive a refund, you can open a free return for refund on Amazon within one month of purchase.
3. After you receive the refund, please leave a review on Amazon and send me the screenshot of the review.
Attention: For your account security, please don't attach any words or pictures of this conversation when you leave a product review.

If there is anything less than perfect, please feel free to contact us first and I will help you fix it, your item will still enjoy our warranty for one year.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
Mary

My question is this- does anyone in the UB Nation know "Mary". That is all...

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

FD

Quote from: D.W. Verts on May 16, 2022, 10:00:10 PM
Email I received the other day-

Congrats!!!

You have been chosen to try our NEW-KastKing Verus Assassin Performance Casting Reel FOR FREE. Below the product link, please take it a look.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B...

If you are interested, please reply to our email within 48 hours, we will show you how to participate!

If you don't like this item and want to save the opportunity for other future products, that's totally fine. Just let me know and I'll note your response and find something else to invite you to try.

If you don't like this program, we will remove you from our subscription list and will not disturb you any more.

Thanks for your understanding and let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Mary

So I replied "sure", send me a free reel (I have several of them and have had zero issues with them). I then get THIS message-

Thanks for your reply and I am glad to hear you have interest about the item.
Here are the easy steps to get this item for free.
1. Place an order from this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B61TP96, and email me back the order number(please don't use any coupons).
2. To process a refund you will need a PayPal account. Once the item is received, please email us with the paypal account email address. We will refund the money to the provided paypal email within two working days.
The whole process is safe and reliable. We are committed to our customers and fans, and promise to refund you 100%. You can have peace of mind to know, that if for any reason you do not receive a refund, you can open a free return for refund on Amazon within one month of purchase.
3. After you receive the refund, please leave a review on Amazon and send me the screenshot of the review.
Attention: For your account security, please don't attach any words or pictures of this conversation when you leave a product review.

If there is anything less than perfect, please feel free to contact us first and I will help you fix it, your item will still enjoy our warranty for one year.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
Mary

My question is this- does anyone in the UB Nation know "Mary". That is all...

Dale
Sounds phishy to me..

Scam!

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

ike8120

This is legit, I get them all the time.
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Oldfart9999

I say SCAMMM!!!, Why do they need your paypal account, it's supposed to be free, you need to buy the reel to get it free? They could just send you the one you choose or send you a check. I don't hand out account numbers to any one, it sends big alarms off in my head. I wouldn't do it.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

This is a scam all the way. I've see it in other products. I am surprised they are hitting fisherman now. A fishing scam to fisherman... ~b~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

It's a phishing scam. Mary wants your PayPal account and as much information as she can get.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

topdsm0138

This type of scam is ironically called Phishing.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

D.W. Verts

But I wanted my free reel. WAAHHHHHH!!!

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!

loomisguy

Better to pay for a Daiwa or Shimano.

apenland01

Completely legit.  The email will come as VOC and Mary handles all the refunds.  I just got a pair of KastKing shorts and had the refund within 24 hours.  I've done enough that I have the refund before I even post the review.  I've probably done 10-12 of these over the past 2 years....

apenland01

apenland01

You are buying a product on Amazon using their affiliate link.  You are using PayPal to pay for the item, whatever it is, which is a protected transaction through Amazon.  You are only providing your PayPal email address which you probably give to total strangers all the time to buy and sell stuff.  She doesn't ask for any information other than your PayPal email address and asks you send proof you did a review of the item, good or bad.

Once you are on the list, you'll get offers for all sorts of KK stuff that may or may not appeal to you.  If you get an email and don't respond, you won't get another for a long while.  If you're not interested in the particular item, reply back no thanks, but I'd be interested in XYZ and she'll email you when they have something in that category.

Most likely you bought or researched a KK item and it asked if you wanted to subscribe to free testing of items or whatnot.  That is the VOC program, as I understand it.  It drives reviews (likely positive) on Amazon to drive sales.  Cheapest advertising on the planet.....

D.W. Verts

Well, not to hurt anyone's feelings, but Bo and I both bought KastKings several years ago and I've tried to destroy them. ONE of them has started to get  a little noisy, and that's been it. Bo also said he had good luck with his, so...

I still use my 4600C's for a lot of my work so obviously I'm not picky. And as for the other new reels I use, it's almost all Lews, again with zero issues. I will never (did he say "never"???) spend hundreds of dollars on a reel. I'd never live long enough to see any possible benefits from that. Sorry. Or not.

Thanks Alf.

Dale

loomisguy

You'll never have to worry about me butting in front of you in that Kast King line. If you like them it ain't hard to get on their pro staff evidently and they are willing to give them away.
You don't have to spend hundreds to get a good Daiwa.. Just Sayin'

apenland01

Just got an offer today for Extremus Mount Hood polarized sunglasses.  I passed on the offer, as I use prescription polarized lenses.  Every now and again, it's something I really want to try and I've had good luck with most of the products I've gotten for free from this program...

Pacific NW Ron

Scam, Scam, Scam all the way.  Anytime you have to buy something to get it free it's not free.  Why would they need a screenshot?  Just sayin!!!
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

apenland01

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on May 30, 2022, 01:12:08 PM
Scam, Scam, Scam all the way.  Anytime you have to buy something to get it free it's not free.  Why would they need a screenshot?  Just sayin!!!

Not a scam at all, it's modern day marketing.  If you purchase the product on Amazon, you are listed as a "Verified Purchase" buyer for the product.  Reviews done by people who have actually purchased the product generally carry more weight than a standard review.  It's a lot cheaper to give away a product at cost than pay for advertising.

As for providing a screenshot, nearly everyone uses some sort of made up username for posting on Amazon, so this way they know you actually posted the review.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of phishing scams out there and you have to be very careful, but this isn't one of them.  VoC stands for voice of the customer program and it's a key part of the feedback for companies looking to grow quickly.

Here's a YouTube video on VoC in general if anyone is interested....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkvS4iWma9c&t=9s